Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Violet Lovely

"TOB client profiles shared with you"

12 posts in this topic

For me, the list of names under this section grows every time I look at it. I never get notifications for it, nobody ever sends me a message saying they're sharing their profile with me. 

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. 

Clients - Are  you doing it to get their attention in hopes they'll respond? 

Providers - Do you get notifications from this? When this does happen, do you reach out to them? 

Please help! I don't understand this protocol. 

1 minute ago, Violet Lovely said:

For me, the list of names under this section grows every time I look at it. I never get notifications for it, nobody ever sends me a message saying they're sharing their profile with me. 

Providers - Do you get notifications from this? When this does happen, do you reach out to them? 

Never heard of sharing my profile.  Anyone can see most of it if they log in.  Do you mean "shared references" which is a thing clients do when seeking a first appointment - lets you see who has given the guy a reference - similar to p411 OK.

16 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Never heard of sharing my profile.  Anyone can see most of it if they log in.  Do you mean "shared references" which is a thing clients do when seeking a first appointment - lets you see who has given the guy a reference - similar to p411 OK.

+1. I've shared referenses with ladies who I had plans to contact with the hopes of scheduling, with mixed results, but I've never heard of sharing a profile and no one has ever shared one with me.

You can set your notifications to show certain things to certain people so if someone shares their profile with you, you are allowed to see stuff they only want you(or certain others) to look at. To me, I see it as a subtle way of them telling me they want to get to know me more...kind of like a nudge.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

It says "profiles shared" but I'm pretty sure it just means they're giving me access to their references. 

But Samantha, 

1 hour ago, SultryKitten said:

You can set your notifications to show certain things to certain people so if someone shares their profile with you, you are allowed to see stuff they only want you(or certain others) to look at. To me, I see it as a subtle way of them telling me they want to get to know me more...kind of like a nudge.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Do you make the next move? Like is that what they're expecting?

I've shared my references a time or two, but when I do I also send a PM saying that I've shared my references in hopes of securing a future meeting and if the young lady in question would please get back to me if she is interested in meeting. I've had very limited success in that approach and a majority of the time I never received an answer. So I've abandoned that approach and have found it easier to just make contact with the lady and if she requires references then share. 

3 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

It says "profiles shared" but I'm pretty sure it just means they're giving me access to their references. 

But Samantha, 

Do you make the next move? Like is that what they're expecting?

Not really...I do peruse their page to get a feel for a prospective client. It's always good to do your homework. 😊

Also, if uncertain...ask.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Edited by SultryKitten

5 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

We pmd you...

Reviewers are giving you access to see their references, which you can't see unless they do so. Click the user names link, which will bring up their profile, scroll down to References.

I understand what it is. Just wanted some insight on the social protocol around here for it, I guess is what I'm saying. 

I just don't know what to do when people aren't straightforward about something. Yeah, I know, I'm like a robot sometimes. Lol. 

I would think if sharing references a pm should be an obvious next step. I have always sent a pm and if the lady requests first contact via text/call/email you send that even before ToB pm/reference sharing. It seems like a logical process to me but then again I am new here.

When I use it it’s always followed with contact for an appointment via the providers preferred method.  I just tell them I shared my references on TOB with them.

18 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

I understand what it is. Just wanted some insight on the social protocol around here for it, I guess is what I'm saying. 

I just don't know what to do when people aren't straightforward about something. Yeah, I know, I'm like a robot sometimes. Lol. 

I would think usually when someone shares their referenses, and apparently their profie, with you that they would follow up with some sort of direct contact.  But if they don't, I don't think there is anything wrong with you sending them a PM or responding in some way. They did reach out to you, so a respose from you would be appropriate.