BadBoy

Literacy Rant

19 posts in this topic

As I am plowing through some of the semi-literate postings on this and other chat sites,  a question often pops into mind: doesn't anyone still enjoy the skill and artistry involved in creating a well crafted English-language sentence, correctly punctuated, correctly spelled, with capitalization confined to those words that are properly capitalized (and perhaps with the occasional parenthetical thought, correctly punctuated), all words and phrases concentrated on conveying an actual honest thought, utilizing sparkling adjectives, applying apt similes like razor-sharp arrows to make the point, or perhaps even good, old, bread-and-butter metaphors; moreover, don't you think that every person has the right to an education that allows them to enjoy the ability to create such a sentence?

LOL, u  may thnk I m so lame ; ), u r rite

Edited by BadBoy

God I adore you!  I think plowing the pus field is your true calling and where you can make a difference.😊😉

27 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

As I am plowing through some of the semi-literate postings on this and other chat sites,  a question often pops into mind: doesn't anyone still enjoy the skill and artistry involved in creating a well crafted English-language sentence, correctly punctuated, correctly spelled, with capitalization confined to those words that are properly capitalized (and perhaps with the occasional parenthetical thought, correctly punctuated), all words and phrases concentrated on conveying an actual honest thought, utilizing sparkling adjectives, applying apt similes like razor-sharp arrows to make the point, or perhaps even good, old, bread-and-butter metaphors; moreover, don't you think that every person has the right to an education that allows them to enjoy the ability to create such a sentence?

LOL, u  may thnk I m so lame ; ), u r rite

well crafted = well-crafted. Just sayin... 😘

4 minutes ago, AnthointheAM said:

Pretty sure that is a run-on sentence, (just sayin') ha ha!

I would agree. 

Though it was probably sufficiently erudite to pass GSAT muster. 

22 minutes ago, Emily Jordan said:

I fully concur thus bestowed the scholarly gentleman with a humble offering of a positive reputation mark upon his literary diatribe.

14 hours ago, AnthointheAM said:

I fully concur thus bestowed the scholarly gentleman with a humble offering of a positive reputation mark upon his literary diatribe.

Indeed Ken. 😂

18 hours ago, Emily Jordan said:

Well said, and I stand corrected.  Always a work in progress :rolleyes:

My brain works much better than my typing, and I was about to say mouth, but I think that's another subject entirely.

You probably have a very small penis. ;)

4 hours ago, 2Big said:

You probably have a very small penis. ;)

Well, heck, everyone's is small compared to yours. :rolleyes:

Moreover, I want to thank you, I have seen 2Big insult many people and many opinions over many years, but have never had the privilege of being personally insulted by the 2Big.  I think this is some sort of milestone here - thanks, very big guy (sincerely), I finally feel like a real member (pun intended). B)

Did somebody say "member"? Uh huh huh huh huh...

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I flunked syntax in school - but Thank You Badboy for bring some class to the board. 

Dear Mr. BadBoy, 

Hope all is well! There are many answers to the above question you have asked above. For instance a person could be using their cellphone instead of a computer. Another reason to use acronyms instead of the entire word is because it is more efficient. However, the biggest reason of them all.... Wait for it... is to anger you.  A language that is always changing is a great thing, if there is no change in the language it becomes dead.  In conclusion, listed above are a few of the many reasons that acronyms are being used in everyday life in the year of 2017.  

Kindest Regards, 

Sydney Coxxx