Ile Haversnatch

Is Thrifty Cheap?

15 posts in this topic

It's inevitable. Post anything having to do with minding spending habits in this hobby, no matter how innocent, and quickly earn the wrath of those justifying their worth by denigrating yours ("cheap ass", "take up slot cars", insert baa-aa-aaa here).

I like to think I love and respect women as much as the next guy and by that I mean, as much as anyone who will engage one to do what they (even I) would hate to see their mothers, daughters, wives, aunts or nuns do yet, certainly not "as much" as those who wouldn't dream of carnality...i.e. the Pope, for the love of god ;)...and they say there's no honor among thieves. Of course, those who practice polyamory and the like (http://loveamant.com/is-sex-a-commodity/#) will rightfully argue this but, in a cash is king, pay at the door community, sex is most definitely a commodity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only fooling themselves.

So, here's a question for you rams (and the herders who milk them)...who pays the most they can at a car dealer? On the sales and finance side of things for quite some time, I'm here to tell you, Lay Me Downs, that's who; and they're as rare as they are beneficial to sales numbers. Cars, real estate, retail and wholesale, stock, bond, currency markets...don't they all work better with a little, sometimes crushing competition? And doesn't this benefit the consumer? I mean, how much did computers cost in the 90's? Yes, I'm old enough to remember. And how did Bill Gates handle this? Cojones, that's how. Ask anyone who shops outlet malls and stores, clearance racks, dollar stores, etc., and I'm willing to bet YOU have, do or will at some point ,and they understand how this works. But, not here! No ma'am, give me that shiny object! No, not THAT one! The other, shiny one, on the verrrry TOP shelf and, thank you very much! No, take ALL of it, please?!

Some of you haters and frienemies may remember my Sexcapades post, featuring Sum (not so) Yung Chik aka Sugar Baby. Yep, we're still kicking it. And she's very, very skilled. And so much fun. And she loves it when I call. Where did I find her? CL and, that's not all. Admittedly not nearly as much as you connoisseurs, but notice I have a few references and reviews? Alas, though meaning to, I have yet to meet any of the ladies of this community; lovely or (not so) sweet as they may be. It's not that I don't want or can't afford that shiny one on the top shelf, it's that, who has time for the pretension, the bottles of wine, caviar dreams and champagne wishes? Coming up where I'm from, hookers ran the streets and pimps chased johns. There's is a certain joie de vivre that comes with it. Still, trying to correct the errors of my ways, as a relative newbie to the community I've had my share of bad experiences (and black eyes) finding the needle in the haystack of BP, CL...TOB aka School of Hard Knocks. Still I ask, learn and share knowing, as in life, the good outweighs the bad.

Some say chivalry is dead. I say no, cojones are. Filled with bromance, I'm bringing sexy (cojones) back. No homo, you ladies know a real man when you feel one.

Seeing some of your eyes crossing now, I stand ready for the sanctimony. Cue music.

Is thrifty cheap?

According to dictionary.com:

Main Entry: thrifty
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: economical
Synonyms: canny, careful, chary, cheap, chintzy, close*, close-fisted, conserving, frugal, mean, parsimonious, penny-pinching, preserving, provident, prudent, saving, scrimpy, sparing, steal, stingy*, tight*, unwasteful

OFFICIAL ANSWER:  YES

1 hour ago, Ile Haversnatch said:

Some say chivalry is dead. I say no, cojones are. Filled with bromance, I'm bringing sexy (cojones) back. No homo, you ladies know a real man when you feel one.

CHnzs4x.png?1

I enjoy your writing style. You have a flare for the dramatic. Are you a thesbian?

TLDR.

I have got good deals from Thrifty when renting cars. Don't know about cheap.

Or we talking about Thrifty brand ice cream.

12 hours ago, rhood said:

I enjoy your writing style. You have a flare for the dramatic. Are you a thesbian?

Thanks, rhood. No, but I am a full blown lesbian.:wub:

13 hours ago, Yorick said:

Is thrifty cheap?

According to dictionary.com:

Main Entry: thrifty
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: economical
Synonyms: canny, careful, chary, cheap, chintzy, close*, close-fisted, conserving, frugal, mean, parsimonious, penny-pinching, preserving, provident, prudent, saving, scrimpy, sparing, steal, stingy*, tight*, unwasteful

OFFICIAL ANSWER:  YES

Funny, I didn't see this http://www.dictionary.com/browse/thrifty?s=t

14 minutes ago, Yorick said:

You have to use the Thesaurus.com tab.  Top of the page.  You'll find it.

Ah, yes; guess it's official. You worked for this so, so here's an imaginary step stool as a token of my appreciation. Should help with your rrrrreeeaachhh...

I think I understand that part of your musings and questions seek honest reply....even if said reply may be unpopular or uncomfortable. While there is a certain idealistic appeal to that quest, there is also a certain naivety. Keep in mind that this is a public forum with varying levels of anonymity between participants. More to the point, most of said participants are either buyers, or sellers. Hardly the right environment for seeking such public honesty.....although I do understand you spoke to that fact in "cojones" terms.

23 hours ago, Ile Haversnatch said:

It's inevitable. Post anything having to do with minding spending habits in this hobby, no matter how innocent, and quickly earn the wrath of those justifying their worth by denigrating yours ("cheap ass", "take up slot cars", insert baa-aa-aaa here).

I like to think I love and respect women as much as the next guy and by that I mean, as much as anyone who will engage one to do what they (even I) would hate to see their mothers, daughters, wives, aunts or nuns do yet, certainly not "as much" as those who wouldn't dream of carnality...i.e. the Pope, for the love of god ;)...and they say there's no honor among thieves. Of course, those who practice polyamory and the like (http://loveamant.com/is-sex-a-commodity/#) will rightfully argue this but, in a cash is king, pay at the door community, sex is most definitely a commodity. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only fooling themselves.

So, here's a question for you rams (and the herders who milk them)...who pays the most they can at a car dealer? On the sales and finance side of things for quite some time, I'm here to tell you, Lay Me Downs, that's who; and they're as rare as they are beneficial to sales numbers. Cars, real estate, retail and wholesale, stock, bond, currency markets...don't they all work better with a little, sometimes crushing competition? And doesn't this benefit the consumer? I mean, how much did computers cost in the 90's? Yes, I'm old enough to remember. And how did Bill Gates handle this? Cojones, that's how. Ask anyone who shops outlet malls and stores, clearance racks, dollar stores, etc., and I'm willing to bet YOU have, do or will at some point ,and they understand how this works. But, not here! No ma'am, give me that shiny object! No, not THAT one! The other, shiny one, on the verrrry TOP shelf and, thank you very much! No, take ALL of it, please?!

Some of you haters and frienemies may remember my Sexcapades post, featuring Sum (not so) Yung Chik aka Sugar Baby. Yep, we're still kicking it. And she's very, very skilled. And so much fun. And she loves it when I call. Where did I find her? CL and, that's not all. Admittedly not nearly as much as you connoisseurs, but notice I have a few references and reviews? Alas, though meaning to, I have yet to meet any of the ladies of this community; lovely or (not so) sweet as they may be. It's not that I don't want or can't afford that shiny one on the top shelf, it's that, who has time for the pretension, the bottles of wine, caviar dreams and champagne wishes? Coming up where I'm from, hookers ran the streets and pimps chased johns. There's is a certain joie de vivre that comes with it. Still, trying to correct the errors of my ways, as a relative newbie to the community I've had my share of bad experiences (and black eyes) finding the needle in the haystack of BP, CL...TOB aka School of Hard Knocks. Still I ask, learn and share knowing, as in life, the good outweighs the bad.

Seeing some of your eyes crossing now, I stand ready for the sanctimony. Cue music.

You are truly a legend in your own mind.

Bill Gates did not make a cent with his cojones - he made billions by offering a higher quality product than the alternatives, therefore people would pay more for his products, since they were better quality.

More importantly, you confuse fungible widgets with personal services.  Sure, if you are shopping for a Kia, you want the best price.  On the other hand, if you are shopping for dinner, and if you are like me, you want the best food, and it won't be cheap.  Furthermore, if you plan to return, and also want good service, you better tip nicely on top of it.

I am also in the personal services industry, and I charge about 3 -4 times what most of my "competition" charges, and you can't get an appointment with me until February of 2018.  Why?  Because personal services are not fungible widgets, and if you want the best, you gotta pay for the best.  Which is why I understand how the ladies think, and am willing to pay the donation to meet with only the best of them as well.

So, yeah, you are cheap.  There is no sanctimony here (at least on my part), just pity for those who don't understand the ultimate value in fine cars, fine food, or fine women.  So enjoy, if you like, the "joie de vivre" that comes from being chased by street pimps, or your beloved FS QV - more power to you, have fun, enjoy the Big Mac.  Just don't pretend that those of us with taste are fools.

Since you asked, here is the cued music:

1 hour ago, BadBoy said:

Bill Gates did not make a cent with his cojones - he made billions by offering a higher quality product than the alternatives, therefore people would pay more for his products, since they were better quality.

More importantly, you confuse fungible widgets with personal services.  Sure, if you are shopping for a Kia, you want the best price.  On the other hand, if you are shopping for dinner, and if you are like me, you want the best food, and it won't be cheap.  Furthermore, if you plan to return, and also want good service, you better tip nicely on top of it.

I am also in the personal services industry, and I charge about 3 -4 times what most of my "competition" charges, and you can't get an appointment with me until February of 2018.  Why?  Because personal services are not fungible widgets, and if you want the best, you gotta pay for the best.  Which is why I understand how the ladies think, and am willing to pay the donation to meet with only the best of them as well.

So, yeah, you are cheap.  There is no sanctimony here (at least on my part), just pity for those who don't understand the ultimate value in fine cars, fine food, or fine women.  So enjoy, if you like, the "joie de vivre" that comes from being chased by street pimps, or your beloved FS QV - more power to you, have fun, enjoy the Big Mac.  Just don't pretend that those of us with taste are fools.

See, now, THIS GUY understands.

Well done!

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

See that's just it, I too partake in the finer things in life. What I don't understand is the inclination to cast shade on my lack of time or inclination to confuse lust with turn my pants upside down romance. Where I have those in my life who merit as much, in this context, it's about the nut. 

As for Bill Gates, who is to computers what Vanderbilt was to railroads, I'm very interested in knowing your ability to reinvent the wheel to convince the world YOU will change the way they live. Of course, his accomplishments are nothing in comparison to the long line of customers out your door. Talk about legends in our minds, of course, there's no sanctimony there. Oh, and no offense to the fine ladies of TOB, I'm sure there are no Katie Perry's here. 

Edited by Ile Haversnatch

I don't necessarily think thrifty is cheap. There is a time and place for everything. I love diamonds, however I do not pay retail. I take my loop and go to pawn shops. Diamonds do not wear out or lose value, so why pay retail? Dumb! I also do not buy brand new cars anymore. I bought my last one a year old, and paid $20K less than the new price, and it had low miles. I consider these habits to be thrifty, and smart. 

Now when I go to the skin care lady for luxury treatments, I am not thrifty. I don't want my face screwed up, or to have a bad experience.

I think it is all relative. xo