airamericavet65

A good conversation

24 posts in this topic

If you could sit down in a nice quiet spot and talk with anyone from the past or the present who would it be several choices come to mind Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt or I would love to talk with the love of my life

Past:  My dad, Martin Luther King, JR, Ralph Waldo Emerson & Muhammad Ali

Present: Charles Barkley

My sister and my mom.  My grandfather that died before I was born. 😪😪😪😪

God to ask him how he truly made the universe and more questions of things that don't make sense to me from the bible, two of my grandmothers who I never met as they died before I was born and I heard they were very fascinating ladies, my great grandmother who baked the best pies on the planet plus gave the best bear hugs, and my grandpa...just to hear another embellished story again and for him to call me sugar one more time.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Both of my parents who are long gone, my grandmother who passed 6 weeks before my mother...and almost anyone from the past to tell me about history and how their time was like.

My dad who passed away when I was 17 and a month shy of high school graduation 

Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, Winston Churchill, Teddy Rooseveldt.  6 hours discussing the modern world's problems, with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russel serving the drinks and providing the female point oif view.

Yeah.  That would be a good conversation.

Mae West, Grace Hopper, Ella Fitzgerald, Cleopatra, Susan B Anthony.. 

Edited by Chrissy

Jebu, Shilo, and Elsa...my Golden Retrievers. Of course mom, dad, Joe and Joe. One from cancer...Fuck Cancer, one in a car accident. Miss em all. 

Present: Pope Francis

Thanks for the wonderful insight into people it seems that family history is a Most Wanted discussion point

I have to agree with those who'd like to have a family member back. With both parents gone, I miss the stories from the Depression, WW2, and growing up on farms. Plus, I have more questions I hadn't thought of, when they were alive! 

40 minutes ago, pfunk said:

I have to agree with those who'd like to have a family member back. With both parents gone, I miss the stories from the Depression, WW2, and growing up on farms. Plus, I have more questions I hadn't thought of, when they were alive! 

Don't we all have questions now that we didn't think of when family was still with us.

I look back and realize what I'm missing.

My grandparents I would just love to hear them talk again. Talk about anything. Just to hear their voices for an evening. 

Miss them dearly. 

My dad...the greatest man ever!

present...the Queen of England 

9 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Jebu, Shilo, and Elsa...my Golden Retrievers. Of course mom, dad, Joe and Joe. One from cancer...Fuck Cancer, one in a car accident. Miss em all. 

Present: Pope Francis

+1 Sooner or later there will be more fishing trips with Dad. 

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

+1 Sooner or later there will be more fishing trips with Dad. 

Yup.  Something always went wrong with his boat on the fishing trips I took with Dad. We used to joke that in his previous life, he was the captain of the Titanic.  I would give anything to tote a dead battery along a rocky shore now...just to see him again.

Edited by Yorick

I would talk to my Dad. Life's not the same without him. He held us all together.  Christmas was his favorite holiday. He would be so angry if he saw that I was using my big living room plant as a Christmas tree. LMAO

Edited by SydneyCoxxx

On 12/18/2017 at 7:34 AM, SydneyCoxxx said:

I would talk to my Dad. Life's not the same without him. He held us all together.  Christmas was his favorite holiday. He would be so angry if he saw that I was using my big living room plant as a Christmas tree. LMAO

At least it is a live plant right Sydney?!😘

I would also love to have a '

"Real conversation" with my dad. My dad suffers from dementia and brain injury. Thinking we are all missing family members! Difficult time of year for many of us. Yet, soon it will be a New year full of new memories. I am going to stay positive! Good stuff yet to come.❤❤

Limited to one person?  An evening with Jesus would have to be pretty high on my list.  Buddha, Shakespeare or George Washington would be acceptable alternatives if Jesus had other plans.  

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

My daughter and Jesus. 

26 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Me too. :(

I second that

I appreciate my ancestors and those that came before me. I would love to talk to my 8 great grandparents to see what life was like for them in the 1800's.