Lucylucyloveland

Snowboarding!!

44 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2017 at 4:53 PM, BadBoy said:

Since we have wandered into the "off piste" areas, does anyone else have fond memories of lurking in the trees at the top of the back bowls of Vail until the Ski Patrol Nazis left (around 4:00), and then taking the back-side, out of bounds trail down to the Minturn Country Club for the apres-ski activities?  Such a fun time.

Yeah did that.  My buddy shattered his ankle, with nobody around to help,  Used my cell phone and an hour later rescue showed up.  Cost him plenty besides the agony.  Not a fond memory for me.  But glad it worked out for you. 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:53 AM, Lucylucyloveland said:

I love monarch!

Me too! Home town mountain for me.. Fingers crossed for more snow. 

On 12/14/2017 at 0:08 PM, pointymoustache said:

Yes it used to be SolVista too.

It is very pretty at the top looking over the cliff to the right of the chairlift. I think they have that area desinated for weddings and other special events. Not that it was important just happy I was thinking the same place.😃

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

I love Wolf Creek and Telluride. But I live in Durango so they are easy access for me. Both are great mountains snow sucks this year though. 

The trees at Copper can hold lots of powder long after it is packed out other places. 

On 12/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, valmont31 said:

I love Wolf Creek and Telluride. But I live in Durango so they are easy access for me. Both are great mountains snow sucks this year though. 

You don't like Purgatory?  I skied there while in college a few times . 

I do enjoy Purgatory. It's an easy family friendly mountain that I enjoyed skiing with my kids (when they were little) it really reminds me of Monarch. One of the best family mountains in the state. But it's lacking in terrain and not a very well set up mountain in comparison to the other two. And it's too easy for my kids now so they get bored.  My oldest [Snip} could ski Purgatory's hardest run with his eyes closed. So we only go there on holidays or in large groups when skiing is not the priority.  

I have never been to Monarch. However, I remember loving Wolf Creek and after going swimming in Pagosa Springs, hot springs. Sounds like you have an athleteete with your son and your family skiing trips! :) 

for me I enjoy Mary Jane and Steamboat.  usually take several trips a year to Jackson.  Helicopter skiing at various places in Canada also rings my bells.but only do that every several years.

I think snowboarding would be a blast. :) My mom and my step dad are HEAVY into snowmobiling! It's not quite like snowboarding but I find it fascinating learning about avalanches and how they avoid them etc... Plus crazy stories! As a weather nerd I love that stuff too.... I would be scoping out the mountains and such. I been skiing when I was little... Colorado is definitely a great place to do all of that!

Edited by codeman

If you're in Loveland, as your name would suggest, Snowy Range in Wyoming is actually the easiest drive (on a nice day) and not crowded -- lift tickets are much cheaper also, though it's a smaller resort with only five lifts (four on weekdays) -- still pretty nice and a lot of snow now. 

Am I the only one who read Snowballing at first?! lol  *dirty brain*

Edited by MOCHA

Its always been Monarch for me, when I could actually go.   Great Mountain and at least its still "reasonable" for pricing!