NoCoGeezer

iPhone Users: Heads Up! Crashes!

13 posts in this topic

Mostly directed to the ASPs, as a crashing phone is bad for business.

Reports are starting to roll in on various boards regarding iPhones and iPads on iOS 11 (ie. Latest os) are crashing on December 2. Issue seems to be tied to a bug with notifications coming from 3rd party apps. Examples are to-do list apps, apps that generate reminders to do somethng. The stock Apple apps do not seem to be affected.

A couple of links. Have also seen threads popping up on Apple's community support website.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apps-crashing-december-2.2092426

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7gzntq/psa_iphone_rebootrespring_issues_megathread/

Temporary solution seems to be turning off notifications on non-Apple apps (Settings > Notifications).

Edited by NoCoGeezer

I hope mine crashes for a fuckin month. It's almost midnight and still ringing. As long as my iMac works, I'm fine. 

Thanks for the heads up. Good thing I don't have the latest update because of poor wifi. 

iOS 11.2 was released in the middle of the night, apparently in response to this bug, since Apple pushes new software weekdays 9-5. Have not seen reports of crashing that with this new version.

Still using technology from 1965 so I'm not too worried about it but thanks for the information anyway

My I phone is my personal phone, but I appreciate the heads up! I didn’t see any software updates yet. Then again this iPhone 8 does more than I can imagine. The camera....wow! I never download apps because the stuff that comes on it is enough 

I’m a poor girl with the iPhone 7😕

But I have my sights on the 10 🎉

53 minutes ago, Laci French said:

My phone was made in 2003, what's an iphone? :D

3 hours ago, Laci French said:

As an owner of the X I’ll say I love the phone as a whole. There are a few annoyance (3 I can think of after having it for a while now) but as a whole it’s ridiculous. The camera is amazing to say the least. And the lack of a home button takes some getting used to but once you feel it out you’ll never miss the button. 

12 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

As an owner of the X I’ll say I love the phone as a whole. There are a few annoyance (3 I can think of after having it for a while now) but as a whole it’s ridiculous. The camera is amazing to say the least. And the lack of a home button takes some getting used to but once you feel it out you’ll never miss the button. 

Can I be your sugarbaby?😂😂

27 minutes ago, fred1964 said:

Mine does not crash at all, its a galaxy 5 or 6^_^

They’re on the 8 now. 

I didn’t even know there was a problem with iOS so it seemed to be certain phones which is pretty much like almost all software updates. Shit happens. 

11 hours ago, Laci French said:

I’m special....family member got it for me for super cheap because she works at T-mobile. Nothing out of pocket $25 a month unlimited everything.