Penny Hollaway

Looking to make some new friends

24 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I’m visiting for a week and been having a little trouble posting an add. Any advice for a newbie would be awesome. I hear so many great things about the site would love to make some new friends.

Thanks, 

Honey

I'm sure you will have absolutely no problems making new friends.  :D welcome aboard. 

6 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Posting an ad is very simple.  Best to start there.  

not necessarily true 😉

1 minute ago, stevie-2249 said:

not necessarily true 😉

Really....... I posted my first ads without any help. I have posted on TOB, TER, P411, Eccie, Eros without anyone holding my hand.  

3 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Really....... I posted my first ads without any help. I have posted on TOB, TER, P411, Eccie, Eros without anyone holding my hand.  

I'm saying once a lady post on here saying hi looking for new friends and what ever else they say you will see a bunch of reviews for them. don't really need to start by paying for ads quite yet.

1 minute ago, stevie-2249 said:

I'm saying once a lady post on here saying hi looking for new friends and what ever else they say you will see a bunch of reviews for them. don't really need to start by paying for ads quite yet.

Oh I see...the little Snapchat bunny just wants to not pay for an ad....  She really knows how to do it.  I was worried that the little bunny was able to upload pictures and info, but unable to post an ad.... 

39 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

not necessarily true 😉

Yeah.  When you come right down to it, all of these introductory posts are threADs.

35 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Like it or not, every post a lady makes tends to be some sort of advertising for her.....whether intentional or not.  The same could be said of us men and our posts.   Some ladies would not touch me with a 10' pole....even if I had one....due to the nature of my posts.

Something to consider when jumping into a provider's introductory thread:  They are not allowed to advertise their skill set or prices.....but they can show a "personality."  Some opt for "hungry."   i.e. where's the best food?   Some opt for "bored" or "lost."   I don't know Denver!  What shall I do?  Where shall I go?  Some opt for "clueless."  This is the strategy the OP took.  She's not dumb....she's "fishing."    Remember.....everybody gets a first post.  Allow the OP her chance to employ this one without being too Snarky.  She'll get around to paying.

To the OP:   welcome!  Nice photos!

4 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Yeah.  When you come right down to it, all of these introductory posts are threADs.

Like it or not, every post a lady makes tends to be some sort of advertising for her.....whether intentional or not.  The same could be said of us men and our posts.   Some ladies would not touch me with a 10' pole....even if I had one....due to the nature of my posts.

Something to consider when jumping into a provider's introductory thread:  They are not allowed to advertise their skill set or prices.....but they can show a "personality."  Some opt for "hungry."   i.e. where's the best food?   Some opt for "bored" or "lost."   I don't know Denver!  What shall I do?  Where shall I go?  Some opt for "clueless."  This is the strategy the OP took.  She's not dumb....she's "fishing."    Remember.....everybody gets a first post.  Allow the OP her chance to employ this one without being too Snarky.  She'll get around to paying.

To the OP:   welcome!  Nice photos!

Thank you for the insight... Silly me did not do this a year ago when I first started.  I just paid, because I thought TOB was here to make money!  I did not mean to be snarky.  Just a little tiresome of YL posting the clueless approach. 

Have a great time and treat our Colorado gentlemen with lotsa love.  

On 12/2/2017 at 1:47 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Tob rule number two.

No Advertising in the forums!  Providers are welcome to contribute to the discussions to move the threads forward, but NO Advertising is permitted. 'Advertise' means to post information for the purpose of drawing attention to yourself. Providers and/or Agency spokesperson's are not permitted to answer "In Search Of Provider" type posts pertaining to their own goods & services other than responding through PM's.... To Post an Ad click your Profile icon in the top right hand corner and select Post Ad. You are only allowed to advertise yourself in your independent ad 

I am not snarky.  Just asking that the rules be followed.  These posts as you gents have stated are to draw attention to onesself.  

17 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

I am not snarky.  Just asking that the rules be followed.  These posts as you gents have stated are to draw attention to onesself.  

Given we have active mods on this board I’d almost guess they’d step in and delete the threads and issue out warnings to those in question if they deemed these to be in conflict with the rules you posted above. 

On 12/2/2017 at 1:47 PM, stevie-2249 said:

Actually, I have been told by Mods, that they want to see ADS posted before they approve reviews

On 12/1/2017 at 4:13 PM, Penny Hollaway said:

Hey everyone I’m visiting for a week and been having a little trouble posting an add. Any advice for a newbie would be awesome. I hear so many great things about the site would love to make some new friends.

Thanks, 

Honey

Welcome! And I hope you enjoy your stay!

23 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

Given we have active mods on this board I’d almost guess they’d step in and delete the threads and issue out warnings to those in question if they deemed these to be in conflict with the rules you posted above. 

I posted an "I am excited about my trip to NYC"  it was instantly taken down.  Not sure why.  Not a huge market in NY.  Was trying to get Tob noticed in a different city.  It looks like Denver is the only one using it.

This is not eccie where you get to post an introduction to five cities.  I find the rules are options for some.... Probably why there are about 10 ladies that post on the forum.  The other thousands choose not to be attack on her.  This is supposed to be a fun safe place for all... I am not feeling it!!!

I feel for Raine ( we all wear TOB demerit badges proudly).  

Welcome in Penny! 

I kinda feel like TOB warnings are like infraction letters from the HOA: "Guess we better clean up and behave for 30 days.)  ;)