Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ilovewomen

RIP Gomer Pyle

14 posts in this topic

I just saw on the internet that Jim Nabors has passed away.

Rest in Peace. 

You made me laugh many times over the years.

Years ago my dad shared a cruise with him. Jim made the comment that all his Hollywood friends thought he was crazy for farming macadamia in HI. Who in their right mind would wait 7 years for their nuts to drop.

The man had talent! Both comedic & as a singer. Who could imagine that quality of singing tones from someone with his speaking voice?

Bummer tell Gomer Fish says Hi! That was a family sit around and watch on that black and white tv with rabbit ears back in the day. I loved that show. 

Gomer Pyle is with his girlfriend Bunny and he says, "Bunny, can I put my finger in your belly button?"She answers, "Why Gomer, how forward, but I guess so."A few minutes pass and Bunny says in a surprised tone, "Why Gomer, that isn't my belly button!"Gomer answers exuberantly, "Sur----prise! Sur---prise!!!! That ain't my finger neither! Shazam!....

43 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Bummer tell Gomer Fish says Hi!

Minor nit, it's Gomer says hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqnYr5Ikx4M

Can't seem to locate "The Andy Griffith Show" where some city slicker has his car break down in Mayberry and freaks out how laid back everyone is. Half the lines in that episode are "Goober/Gomer says hey" with a follow-up of "Hey to Goober/Gomer".

Edited by NoCoGeezer

3 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Can't seem to locate "The Andy Griffith Show" where some city slicker has his car break down in Mayberry and freaks out how laid back everyone is. Half the lines in that episode are "Goober/Gomer says hey" with a follow-up of "Hey to Goober/Gomer".

This one?

4 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

Minor nit, it's Gomer says hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqnYr5Ikx4M

I knew that, I use that line regularly still. Ahhh man, sucks gotten old. 

49 minutes ago, Kaos said:

This one?

Yup. Would swear there were more "Hey to Goobers" in there.

He lived to 87, gained fame as an actor, and a singer, and seemed to be pretty well liked. I'll miss him! ;) 

21 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

I knew that, I use that line regularly still. Ahhh man, sucks gotten old. 

Until you consider the alternative.

I sure enjoyed the tv show Gomer Pyle growing up. In my head I can still hear Sgt. Carter yelling "Pyle you lamebrain you knucklehead"!