AirBNB?

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has experience with AirBNB? Forgive me if this topic is already posted. but I am looking to entertain as an out call basis.

Are they private enough to feel comfortable in? I see where you can get an entire place or just a private room.  Also, in this day and age of cameras literally everywhere, is that a concern? I wouldn't want to feel like I was being watched. Maybe I am just paranoid but that could happen!

Thanks

Depends on the airbnb. Cameras are everywhere including hallways of hotels. Ubiquitous facial recognition and machine learning will challenge this hobby.

I don't mind lobby, hall and door cams. I was thinking more within a room. An owner could place cameras disguised as most any object.

I travel a lot and use Airbnb and have had no problems. I like them a lot better than Motels because you get the feel of the place you're staying at plus the feel of a home. I wouldn't be too worried about cams... Lots of pervs but also a lot of legitimate business folks just renting their places out!

Besides the obvious privacy concerns, AirBNB rentals can be cancelled by the owner at the last minute with no repercussions for them.  For me that makes them wholly too unreliable to be useful.  Scrambling for a hotel room at the last minute is no fun and often expensive...