Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JessieLynnTexasStyle

Northern Adventures..

3 posts in this topic

I know the snow it's coming but before it does i would like to hey anyone's opinion on nice places to venture too in the north side of Colorado..Im new to Colorado and I must say I'm really loving it..

Estes Park, steamboat springs, Ft Collins ...and even Berthoud is super-cute

NoCo, is awesome!  We have reasonable access to all the fun of both the urban and outdoor areas with far fewer people and traffic!  I second @Leonalune's suggestions, and would add that we have some of the best outdoor amenities (national and state parks, camping, fishing, hiking, etc.) in the whole state.  If you like just enjoying the mountains, try Red Feather Lakes a little North of Fort Collins.  The Pawnee Grassland is beautiful to see, but not a lot to do except that a lot of people use it to set up targets for marksmanship practice.  

Estes Park is a quaint little tourist town, and also the gateway a to of the premiere national parks, Rocky Mountain National Park (Just make sure you go to the park before they raise the rates from $20 - $75 per day).  One thing about the town of Estes Park is that they have a regular slate of events happening and if you go there without checking, you may find yourself in the midst of a mob with little parking and traffic that's worse than Denver.   Also, the main road from NoCo to Estes (HiWay 34) is closed for construction this Winter, so you have to get there through Boulder via Hwy 36.

Steamboat is my favorite skiing destination and they have a ton of summer activities on the mountain as well.  Same caution applies to Steamboat as Estes regarding checking the schedule of events before going.  The drive up the Poudre River canyon is awe inspiring.

If you're looking for more specifics on fun things in the area (dining, etc) feel free to PM for my recommendations.

If you're talking about business trips, then my only suggestion is to avoid the I-25/Mulberry (Exit #269) interchange area.  Lots of inexpensive hotels, but the LE keep a close watch on that area.  I recommend Loveland.