oldertruckguy-9225

I agreed to pick her up

52 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Webhead said:

Lived here my whole life, but I visit Chicago a lot. I wish I could find a great Chicago dog here, and would walk through glass naked while listening to Justin Bieber for a good deep dish.

For Chicago style beef or dogs, try Chicago Mike's in Centenial. The closest you're going to get for Uno or Due pizza will be Beau Joe's, either in Idaho Springs or on Yale & Colorado. I'd like to find a nice sheet pan Sicilian pizza in Denver. 

13 hours ago, Webhead said:

The only solution I have found is Giordano's will ship frozen here. Next time I order one, perhaps I will call you for a playdate and dinner. ;)

Yummy! Feeding me Dishes That aren't found here is a great way to get in my Skirt :)

This is a $hitshow from start to end. It was destined to end in wasted time and annoyance for everyone. Here's why

1) plan was constantly changing.  Creating uncertainty and anxiety for everyone 

2) undisclosed expectations. If you are not clear from the beginning don't be surprised when things don't turn out the way you expected

3) picking her up?  Such a bad idea especially given the description. Your spider sense should have gone off. 

You must be willing to walk away. Instead you did everything you could to keep moving towards failure.

I felt like I had to reply to this topic because I  have had the pleasure of giving many ladies a ride when other plans didn't work out. I do consider owning a car and being able to operate it legally a privilege not a right. From the time I obtained my drivers license I have given rides to friends less fortunate than myself. Every so often a lady does have a problem with transportation and I will tell them that if they are comfortable with me I will be glad to pick them up and drive them back afterwards. I am unable to order an Uber or a Lyft because both companies have me listed as a driver for them. This stems from me filling out a application for Uber, just so I could get a $20 credit on an expensive, addicting internet golf game. I don't know how Lyft obtained my information, but  apparently I drive for them also. Many ladies decline my offer, which I understand because I am a stranger. Some girls do accept my offer though, I try and make them comfortable- my car is clean and in great running condition, I'm a safe driver, and I make sure I give them my address so they know where I'm taking them. Usually I will pick them up and drop them off a block from where they live because I don't need to know where they reside. Most of the time the girls transportation problems come up at last minute (shit happens),  and at least they're letting me know they can't make it ( that another topic- ncns).  If I am able that's when I tell the lady I will be glad to give them a ride- nsa. That brings me to my point- the time she is in my car and we are talking, getting to know one another is awesome. That is the special time that she is not asking me to pay for. Asking for anything for a simple will of good gesture is not the way I was brought up. I do have one great story of one sweet lady- her friends dropped her off at my house and parked down the street. After our session was over and she left, she came back and said her friends were gone. I invited her back in while she tried to contact her friends, apparently they drove to the other side of town. I told her she was welcome to wait at my place or I would be happy to give her a ride. She asked if I could give her a ride to meet her friends, so I give her a ride across town and her friends aren't there ( they weren't very good friends). She's upset and worried about inconveniencing me, I let her know it was not a problem and was enjoying getting to know her. She asked me if I could give her a ride home, which was on the complete other side of town, I said " sure I'm not going to leave you stranded".  She offered to give me back a good portion of the donation I had given her, which I absolutely declined. We even stopped to get food at a drive thru, and had been in my car for at least 2 hours. We were getting close to her place and she asked me if I was still horny because she was, I said "hell yeah", I found a dark, inconspicuous to park. The session we had at my house was great, the experience we had in my car was indescribable but firmly imprinted in my memory. I know that offering and accepting rides from strangers is not usually a good idea but sometimes intimacy precludes uneasiness. Having a conversation in my car is very intimate to me, and I just hope to repay some of the kindness that the ladies have shown towards me.

I guess I'm with Gregory on this - I love the opportunity to drive a lady about.  I look upon it as a chance to get to know her better without being on the clock - free time and companionship, if you like.  I have offered to take ladies who don't have cars on errands, and usually have an absolute gas, talking, laughing, just hanging out like we are on a real date.  For me, it is just a real GFE extension.  I remember one time I took my ATATF about thirty minutes away to a friend's house, where we picked up the friend (also a provider) and her little daughter, and then I ran them all back downtown.  During the drive, my ATATF's old boyfriend called on the phone and I got to hear her tell the former BF that she couldn't talk, because she was with "her man."  She also introduced me to the little daughter as "my boyfriend," and I just about died from happiness.  BadBoy be in heaven.

I am a very simple man.

1 hour ago, Gregorysymph said:

I am unable to order an Uber or a Lyft because both companies have me listed as a driver for them.

I've driven for Uber and also ordered rides for myself and for providers, I con't imagine why you wouldn't be able to.

18 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

For Chicago style beef or dogs, try Chicago Mike's in Centenial. The closest you're going to get for Uno or Due pizza will be Beau Joe's, either in Idaho Springs or on Yale & Colorado. I'd like to find a nice sheet pan Sicilian pizza in Denver. 

The Denver location is gone for Beau Jo's. There is also a Chicago styled hot dog joint on west Colfax. Have you tried a Sicilian slice from Anthony's? 

45 minute session =about $200 plus dollars.  That was a very expensive ride you you were offering her. I am guessing Uber would have been $40.00 or so?? I agree she should have cancelled when her ride fell through.  Not at all professional!

On 11/20/2017 at 6:15 PM, Keyser said:

I've driven for Uber and also ordered rides for myself and for providers, I con't imagine why you wouldn't be able to.

Probably because I was never actually a driver for Uber, all I did was fill out an online application. After that every time I went to Ubers website it would take me to the drivers section and would not allow me to go anywhere else on the site. Then I wasted time trying to straighten it out to no avail. Maybe that's why I con't.

On 11/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

The Denver location is gone for Beau Jo's. There is also a Chicago styled hot dog joint on west Colfax. Have you tried a Sicilian slice from Anthony's? 

The last time I ate at Beau Jo's here in Denver (on Colorado Blvd), it was disappointing.  I used to love the Denver location on East Colfax.  The first time I had Beau Jo's, it was the original location in Idaho Springs.  Picked up a mountain pie on my way up to Vail and I was hooked forever.

10 hours ago, Gregorysymph said:

Probably because I was never actually a driver for Uber, all I did was fill out an online application. After that every time I went to Ubers website it would take me to the drivers section and would not allow me to go anywhere else on the site. Then I wasted time trying to straighten it out to no avail. Maybe that's why I con't.

I drive for Uber and Lyft.  It's not all that difficult to work and manipulate the web site.  Since you started the application to be a driver, it's going to default to get you to finish the driver application process.  Finish it, then fill out the passenger application. However, If you are unable to figure out how to do it, use your cellphone and download the app from Playstore.  Then go to the passenger side of the app.  The button is there...just look for it.  Then you can get signed up as a passenger.  Again, it's not rocket science.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:40 AM, ilovewomen said:

I drive for Uber and Lyft.  It's not all that difficult to work and manipulate the web site.  Since you started the application to be a driver, it's going to default to get you to finish the driver application process.  Finish it, then fill out the passenger application. However, If you are unable to figure out how to do it, use your cellphone and download the app from Playstore.  Then go to the passenger side of the app.  The button is there...just look for it.  Then you can get signed up as a passenger.  Again, it's not rocket science.

I believe you missed my point. If I could order rides for the ladies, then I wouldn't have an excuse to offer a ride myself. Also, I have no desire to drive for Uber or Lyft.

I didn't miss your point.  You missed mine. I can order and and pay for rides for myself or anyone I choose.

I also pickup passengers who had someone else order the ride for them and the person ordering isn't a driver.

Take the time to figure out the web site.

18 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

I didn't miss your point.  You missed mine. I can order and and pay for rides for myself or anyone I choose.

I also pickup passengers who had someone else order the ride for them and the person ordering isn't a driver.

Take the time to figure out the web site.

Eh, I think you DID kinda miss his point.  His point wasn't that the problem can't be fixed, it's that he doesn't care about fixing it because he uses it as an excuse to offer a personal ride rather than Uber/Lyft. 

Personally, though, Gregorysymph I think your point (assuming *I* actually got it right) is silly for two reasons:

1)  You could fix the problem and be able to use the service if you need it, and still lie to use it as an excuse to drive the ladies yourself

2)  More importantly, fixed or not if you try to use the excuse on a lady who is versed on the inner workings of Uber/Lyft she's liable to think you're an idiot for not being able to fix the problem

1 hour ago, Keyser said:

Eh, I think you DID kinda miss his point.  His point wasn't that the problem can't be fixed, it's that he doesn't care about fixing it because he uses it as an excuse to offer a personal ride rather than Uber/Lyft. 

Personally, though, Gregorysymph I think your point (assuming *I* actually got it right) is silly for two reasons:

1)  You could fix the problem and be able to use the service if you need it, and still lie to use it as an excuse to drive the ladies yourself

2)  More importantly, fixed or not if you try to use the excuse on a lady who is versed on the inner workings of Uber/Lyft she's liable to think you're an idiot for not being able to fix the problem

I have to agree with you

6 hours ago, Keyser said:

Thank you Keyser, your assumption was correct. As for reason 1) regarding my silliness- I'm sure I will fix the problem, but probably not till I desperately need to use their services, and most likely by the method ilovewomen stated in downloading the app to my phone (btw- thank you ilovewomen). But I don't think I need to lie to the ladies if they ask me to order an Uber, I will just say no I can't do that and offer them a ride if I'm able. This brings me to my answer for 2)- The ladies on TOB have never asked me to order an Uber for them. I think a couple of times they accepted a ride home. But usually they have it together and the Uber knows when to come back and pick them up. I don't know if other guys have experienced this when dealing with ladies from another site- her ad says outcall only- you contact her, set up a time, she gives you the price, you give her the address, everything seems hunky dory, then!!! she says "just order me an Uber". I'm thinking the price she gave me wasn't the total price, and what other surprises does she have in store. I might offer a ride at that point and give her my reason why I can't order an Uber, I don't care if she thinks I'm an idiot because I already know this appt. is not going to happen. The situations where I've given a girl a ride are when something unexpected came up- their ride fell through, driver didn't show up, car won't start, etc., this doesn't happen often. But when it does- I love it, and I consider it way out of line to ask for extra session time. When the lady is in your car it feels like an extension of GFE, and sometimes you can get the wife experience- getting scolded for exceeding the speed limit, going the wrong way.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:23 PM, Gregorysymph said:

But when it does- I love it, and I consider it way out of line to ask for extra session time. When the lady is in your car it feels like an extension of GFE, and sometimes you can get the wife experience- getting scolded for exceeding the speed limit, going the wrong way.

OMG :D

You know, sometimes that's actually needed to remind me of the "deficit" the little man suffered during the later marriage years.

Still, to the OP, my two cents on the whole thing...  you probably shouldn't have offered to pick her up and re-scheduled since she couldn't figure it out.  Even so, 35 min drive...  that's over 2 hours additional time with her?  I would assume that would not have been in awkward silence.  You really had no reason to ask for more session time.

Where the call girl principle states: "the value of a given service is greatly diminished once that service has been rendered", you knew the deal going in and shouldn't have asked.

On 11/20/2017 at 11:31 AM, Chrissy said:

Yummy! Feeding me Dishes That aren't found here is a great way to get in my Skirt :)

The young lady should have had her stuff together and should have either Uber the ride or cancelled, it was not professional.  However getting her in your car then asking for an additional 45 minutes was out of line as well.  We as clients get upset when there is up-selling, you kind of had done the same thing to her.

Chrissy, I had Shrimp Alexander, a nice 6 oz fillet with a gorgeous bottle of Pinot at Mortens' on Saturday night.  Not exotic, but dam that was a good meal I enjoy having once a month there.

19 minutes ago, finchssc said:

The young lady should have had her stuff together and should have either Uber the ride or cancelled, it was not professional.  However getting her in your car then asking for an additional 45 minutes was out of line as well.  We as clients get upset when there is up-selling, you kind of had done the same thing to her.

Chrissy, I had Shrimp Alexander, a nice 6 oz fillet with a gorgeous bottle of Pinot at Mortens' on Saturday night.  Not exotic, but dam that was a good meal I enjoy having once a month there.

Yummy I myself enjoyed a Sugar Steak from Bastiens (spelling??)

On 11/20/2017 at 7:32 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

I haven't been there But I will be going now!! I didn't even know they had Sicilian: ) TY lovely

On 11/21/2017 at 10:05 PM, Gregorysymph said:

Both Uber and Lyft have two different apps for rider/driver. You need to download the correct one. I am both, and I use both. Lyft's is pink with white writing for the riders, and Uber's is a black circle with white on the inside for riders.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Also, for a 35 minute drive...depending on if it is a "Peak time", it is usually only about $15-$20. Remember also, that if you give good stars and tips, you are more likely to get perks like free rides, % off rides, etc. Both companies are different, but they love to reward drivers, and the riders.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard