Lucy Kitten

Giving It Away For Free!!!!!

58 posts in this topic

Advice that is. With lots of new ladies around and more season vets wanting to try new things I thought it might be useful to share some handy hooker tips! Times and trends change but I think there are definitely a few universal tips to help make business better and more professional. 

Two things before I get going though, one any which way you choose to run your business is valid. Some do this causally to make extra money and some do this full time the effort put into it will vary. Two, business isn't super-duper great right now. There is no trick to magically make it better but following some of these tips can help grow your business over time and make more money and meet the types of clients you want.

• Pick a brand. We're products like Coke or BMW they have recognizable brands and call to mind specific images and feelings. A provider's brand is their persona. Pick a persona that you're comfortable with and be consistent with it! If your brand is PSE Spitfire then Passionate GFE is a contradiction to your brand.
  • Have a decent website. This is where your clients are going to go to learn about you, it's a space where you can be you and advertise your brand free from constraints of ad site rules. Having and maintaining a good website is professional. It shows your potential clients that you're serious and is a great way to make potential clients serious clients. You can tease them with new pictures or hook them with a witty blog post.
  • Have standards and stick to them. You do this and the quality of your clientele increases dramatically. 
  • Join every site you feel comfortable with. Ad sites and discussion boards are almost always regional. More exposure means more business. It's also really useful to see how business is done in other areas.
  • Join the few provider only sites there. Keep safe, informed and have a place where you can chat with other providers and ask questions without the discomfort of clients reading it. 
  • Never stop learning. Times change! This business has really evolved in my 8 years. Always room for growth and change.
  • Don't sweat the small stuff, or the inconsequential. Keep the focus on yourself and keeping your business going.
  • Don't get sucked into one way of doing things. There is no one right way. 
  • Remember this is work. Some days are going to be harder than others. Save money, pay taxes if you can. Admin work is just as important as getting dressed up for a date.
  • Invest in your business. Investing in your business is investing in yourself. There is money to be made but it can't be made without you investing in yourself. 

There is so much I wish had done differently in the beginning but knowledge was hard to come by. I want to offer the basic building blocks. What advice do any of you other providers want to add? 

Love it Lucy! Some things I would add is...

• Educate yourself about this business. Know the laws in your state and county, and if you travel know the laws in that state and county, as well as Federal laws. Have an attorney number memorized and know your rights. Knowing and understanding that the worst could happen helps you be prepared.
  • Learn to screen clients. Even if you think your spidey sense will keep you safe, it is not a guarantee, and thinking it won't happen to you is  just being naive.  It is a great way to know what to expect, and you will feel more comfortable with someone you are meeting for the first time.
  • Set goals. It helps you to be more focused and they are things you will look forward to when you have tough days.
  • There will be bad days. Take the rest of the day off and do something for yourself. Remember that tomorrow is another day.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Excellent post IMO. Yes, you have to pay the ute bills, food etc., your means have to be equal easily to anyone else's. We see sooo many now, I have to rely only on those I trust. You make sense here for certain. 

Boss says, "Go". Leader says, "Let's go."

9FReLRu.jpg?1

Edited by fishndude57
I had to admit she makes sense.

Lucy, Samantha, excellent posts!

i particularly liked - define your brand & stick to it.

Only a few quibbles:

• Pay your taxes! Do, not "if you can."  Failure to file and pay applicable taxes is what has snared many. 
  • To "Have an attorney number memorized ", I would add "Know a local attorney when traveling."  Your Denver attorney won't be of much use if you're in NYC.

37 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Only a few quibbles:

• Pay your taxes! Do, not "if you can."  Failure to file and pay applicable taxes is what has snared many. 
  • To "Have an attorney number memorized ", I would add "Know a local attorney when traveling."  Your Denver attorney won't be of much use if you're in NYC.

I agree. people who don't pay their taxes are one of the lower life forms in our country. kind of like a blood sucking tick that uses the public resources that everyone but them pays for. 

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Only a few quibbles:

Can I ask a question or few? If so, what do you mean when you say "Pay your taxes"? Are all "taxes" legitimate?

4 hours ago, sweetmoment said:

Can I ask a question or few? If so, what do you mean when you say "Pay your taxes"? Are all "taxes" legitimate?

The legitimacy of government taxes is a different topic, not germane to this discussion.

Failure to pay lawful taxes has tripped up many on the shady side of the street, Al Capone, RT, and Denver Sugar, just to name a few. If you think Lakewood PD or the FBI are relentless, you haven't tangled with the IRS.

By quoting "taxes" are you implying those paid under the table? Some would consider them just another business expense. What are your alternatives?  Do you not pay, and risk the consequences?  Do you out the beneficiary, with little proof, and at the same time out yourself?  If the sex trade were legal the question of 'protection insurance' would be different. 

14 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

The legitimacy of government taxes is a different topic, not germane to this discussion.

Failure to pay lawful taxes has tripped up many on the shady side of the street, Al Capone, RT, and Denver Sugar, just to name a few. If you think Lakewood PD or the FBI are relentless, you haven't tangled with the IRS.

By quoting "taxes" are you implying those paid under the table? Some would consider them just another business expense. What are your alternatives?  Do you not pay, and risk the consequences?  Do you out the beneficiary, with little proof, and at the same time out yourself?  If the sex trade were legal the question of 'protection insurance' would be different. 

Not paying taxes when you have an income that you report is where they get you. As individuals it's not a super concern. The concern as a provider is the ability to live a functional life. Buy a home, car and have the ability to safely store your money. 

Despite the unnecessarily cruel things people say non tax-payers are not the leeches everyone thinks they are. It's funny when people harp in that. It's another one of those moments where people say things just to be insulting. Taxes are hard in this current climate, business is down and every penny is needed. 

I have been thinking about addressing rates in another thread. The rates that we charge here don't allow for the paying of taxes. Average rates barely get the bills paid these days. It's hard to save and next to impossible to pay taxes when you're living hand to mouth. 

I could care less about paying the government its dues, I would rather see a bunch of thriving sex workers that can get health insurance. 

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

What an interesting county this would be if everyone decided they were a special low life that didn't need to pay taxes. kids don't need an education, fires can put themselves out and who needs a military protecting their country,  certainly not us.

I'm popping popcorn...this could get interesting

why i believe abolish the irs, raise the taxes on things you buy, give someone their whole paycheck and charge more taxes on things you buy, then everyone has to pay taxes, to many people work under the table and dont pay, works in other countries

Carry your own weight and be responsible. Period.

40 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

why i believe abolish the irs, raise the taxes on things you buy, give someone their whole paycheck and charge more taxes on things you buy, then everyone has to pay taxes, to many people work under the table and dont pay, works in other countries

Unfortunately, a "value added" or "national sales tax" is the most regressive form of taxation possible, meaning the lower your income, the more it hits you, the higher your income, the less it hits you.  The "other countries" that use such taxation are also the most heavily taxed nations in the world, since they usually have both the VAT and an income tax.  I am not aware of any country that meets its national revenue needs solely through a VAT.

Frankly, I am a lot less worried about the impact on the nation caused by a few providers taking money under the table and not paying taxes than I am by the fact that Steve Schwartzman, Donald Trump and other real-estate and hedge fund tycoons pay taxes at a lower rate than their secretaries (and it's going to get even more unfair if the Republican tax plan passes).

2 hours ago, boink36 said:

What an interesting county this would be if everyone decided they were a special low life that didn't need to pay taxes. kids don't need an education, fires can put themselves out and who needs a military protecting their country,  certainly not us.

I love "moderators" who pick on providers, and spout ill-informed opinions on "moral failures", when they are hooker-seeking "low-lifes" themselves. 

1. “One mustn’t criticize other people on grounds where he can’t stand perpendicular himself” – Mark Twain

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Not paying taxes when you have an income that you report is where they get you. As individuals it's not a super concern. The concern as a provider is the ability to live a functional life. Buy a home, car and have the ability to safely store your money. 

Actually the IRS can attribute unreported income based on your lifestyle & expenses.  So if you buy that house or car, but haven't filed a tax return, they'll come looking for you & ask where you got the money for those purchases. 

15 hours ago, boink36 said:

I agree. people who don't pay their taxes are one of the lower life forms in our country. kind of like a blood sucking tick that uses the public resources that everyone but them pays for. 

I would point out that not everyone who doesn't pay income tax is a cheat. A good portion of my income is from tax free municipal bonds, a portion of my income is offset by capital losses & charity, yet another portion is dividends which have already been taxed at the corporate level, and finally some is veteran's disability & the return of my Social Security investment.  My taxes are low, but usually not $0.  I pay good money to advisors who manage my finances. 

56 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Actually the IRS can attribute unreported income based on your lifestyle & expenses.  So if you buy that house or car, but haven't filed a tax return, they'll come looking for you & ask where you got the money for those purchases. 

I would point out that not everyone who doesn't pay income tax is a cheat. A good portion of my income is from tax free municipal bonds, a portion of my income is offset by capital losses & charity, yet another portion is dividends which have already been taxed at the corporate level, and finally some is veteran's disability & the return of my Social Security investment.  My taxes are low, but usually not $0.  I pay good money to advisors who manage my finances. 

Great point but if you did owe taxes I would be willing to bet you pay them. there are people who do owe but don't pay, there is a difference.

4 hours ago, pfunk said:

I love "moderators" who pick on providers, and spout ill-informed opinions on "moral failures", when they are hooker-seeking "low-lifes" themselves. 

1. “One mustn’t criticize other people on grounds where he can’t stand perpendicular himself” – Mark Twain

You can approve of people not paying taxes all you like, it won't change the fact they are parasites. I started off thinking tick but now I'm leaning more towards pinworm. 

2 hours ago, boink36 said:

You can approve of people not paying taxes all you like, it won't change the fact they are parasites. I started off thinking tick but now I'm leaning more towards pinworm. 

Everyone should pay their legit taxes - but the filthy rich rarely do (yeah, everyone knows who).  As to providers why is it deemed so essential for ladies to pay the GOVERNMENT for income that is derived from what the GOVERNMENT declares illegal and tries to arrest said ladies for?  Want taxes?? Legalize!!! (Snip) The ONLY reason for ladies to pay taxes is to be able to show income for rentals, loans, etc.  The rest is bullshit.  Oh, and most of the worst parasites earn it the old fashioned way - they are elected to it.

11 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes, Bit Banger, you are absolutely correct in saying getting tangled with the IRS would be much, much worse than dealing with just about any other government entity, regardless of the level. This is why I advise each person to "voluntarily" pay income taxes to the IRS (yes, according to constitutional reviews, paying income taxes are "voluntary" as it would be unconstitutional otherwise, but we all know what would happen if any of us choose one year to not to pay income taxes--IRS would arrest us, unless one would want to roll a very risky dice on a trial jury). That said, as a matter of principle, only user fees and sales taxes or the like are constitutional and legitimate. By the way, not one penny of income taxes go to pay for any government function. Rather it goes toward paying towards the interest of our national debt, which makes hardly a dent.

With taxes, remember it's like restaurant staff who get a lot of cash tips.  You can choose the route of not claiming the tips and not pay taxes, but it can bite you in the ass a year or two later when you need a loan and your verifiable income is really low since you don't have the 1040's backing you up.

Take care of your family and yourself help others as much as you can and Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's8

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Everyone should pay their legit taxes - but the filthy rich rarely do (yeah, everyone knows who).  As to providers why is it deemed so essential for ladies to pay the GOVERNMENT for income that is derived from what the GOVERNMENT declares illegal and tries to arrest said ladies for?  Want taxes?? Legalize!!! (Snip) The ONLY reason for ladies to pay taxes is to be able to show income for rentals, loans, etc.  The rest is bullshit.  Oh, and most of the worst parasites earn it the old fashioned way - they are elected to it.

Every one of my posts says "people" not providers. people would include providers but not be provider specific. just so we're clear "people" is every person in the US including providers.

3 hours ago, sweetmoment said:

... This is why I advise each person to "voluntarily" pay income taxes to the IRS (yes, according to constitutional reviews, paying income taxes are "voluntary" as it would be unconstitutional otherwise, ...

Sorry, but the 16th Amendment to the US Constitution says that income taxes are NOT voluntary. 

If you put your money in the bank be sure to keep records on file when you shift funds around. The goverment will audit you the moment you  start shifting funds around. 

Fallow the 5 reiki principals (I have shared several times on TOB). 

Meditate

Have hobbies and activities outside of the hobby. 

Look up from your cell phone once in a while. 

Exercise to draw oxygen into your body and brain

Eat healthy

Drink water

Believe in something greater outside of yourself. 

Smile and laugh more.

Visit (western and eastern) doctors and dentist

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki
Accidentally

Great advice Lucy!

What Bit said is true,  you can't be living a high life with no explanation on where the funds were derived. 

I would elaborate on what Laci said, "carry your own weight and be responsible". Keep yourself, your clients, and your situation discrete. There are still a lot of moral police running around in the civilian world, who do not think what we do is cute or fun. Keep data safe, do not draw attention to yourself, as in turn it can draw attention to your clients. IF you get in trouble, it's YOU that is in trouble. Rely on an attorney, do not agree to cooperate and take others down with you. 

And to elaborate on what Kali said, take time for yourself, and fill yourself back up with fun enjoyable activities besides "work". You are no good to anyone if  you are burnt out.

I have so much to learn, but this is one thing I have tried.  I set up a LLC that I pay taxes on.  I am guessing I could write off a great deal of expenses.  Like my kids piano teacher, She takes part of her home off the taxes.  In my "business" I use my car for transporting, and hotels for the little people I watch for the traveling.  I think you could set up a cash business, such as babysitter, cleaning lady, home health care, music lessons website designers, You may not be able to claim 100% of your income and justify it.  Cleaning ladies make good money, just not like a ASP... Any help from our small business owners would be grand.  I can see a lot of gents setting up website design business, so you can write playtime off.  We can only hope are creativity works not to be a tax evander, and be called a parasite.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:07 PM, Bit Banger said:

Only a few quibbles:

Branding seems like a weird concept at first but many have done it already and haven't even realized it. It's the best way to attract the clients you are looking for. I have a type that I prefer to see because they are my bread and butter. There is an age group and an industry where most of my clients come from and I work on targeting them specifically. 

12 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Branding seems like a weird concept at first but many have done it already and haven't even realized it. It's the best way to attract the clients you are looking for. I have a type that I prefer to see because they are my bread and butter. There is an age group and an industry where most of my clients come from and I work on targeting them specifically. 

Great advice.  I totally agree, we are marketing managers, and we should market to our favored clientele.

3 minutes ago, Raine-7379 said:

Great advice.  I totally agree, we are marketing managers, and we should market to our favored clientele.

Essentially self employed small business owners, just like so many others.  Probably the only thing you won't deal with is payroll. But marketing, strategies, finance, sales, and ... customer service.

This is a helpful thread and I greatly appreciate Lucy for starting it up. Now if you have a LLC or an INC would you also n÷d to have a GL? Payroll would be in order because Uncle Sam would be in line first. I pay through the nose on taxes as is. Isurance for being a provider is roughly about 400. to 500. a year. Same as for regular massage therapist.

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki