mikeoxbigg

Chicago calling

18 posts in this topic

If all goes as discussed, I will be going to Chicago regularly for work. It kinda sucks but I figure I might as well make the most of it. 
Looking for recommendations on a local hobbyist board there, something like this.  Thanks in advance. 

Edited by mikeoxbigg

I think Room Service 2000 is the board there. Whatever you do, stay away from Backpage. I met a lady there off Backpage  years ago and felt lucky to get away with my life...and I seriously mean that.

31 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I think Room Service 2000 is the board there. Whatever you do, stay away from Backpage. I met a lady there off Backpage  years ago and felt lucky to get away with my life...and I seriously mean that.

But it wasn't BP that tried to kill you was it? 

8 hours ago, mikeoxbigg said:

If all goes as discussed, I will be going to Chicago regularly for work. It kinda sucks but I figure I might as well make the most of it. 
Looking for recommendations on a local hobbyist board there, something like this.  Thanks in advance. 

I can suggest lots of ladies in Chicago. Chicago providers actually have a huge presence on Twitter.

32 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

But it wasn't BP that tried to kill you was it? 

The website Backpage didn't try to harm me...but a lady who advertised on Backpage did. 

This is one if the reasons why I believe that there are several "shady" ladies on Backpage and I always recommending not utilizing Backpage as a resource as the "shady" ladies use Backpage as a resource since the more reputable local boards won't put up with ladies engaging in shady tactics.

I'm not saying all ladies on Backpage are shady, but it can be very difficult to identify those who aren't when you are travelling to unfamiliar territory.

BTW, this particular lady had a 720 area code in Chicago which is one of the reasons I called her and set up an appointment.

Lucy, I know you are a supporter of Backpage and that you believe there is nothing wrong with Backpage. That is your choice and you are free to believe in your choice. 

Just the same as I believe that ladies on Backpage can be shady or dangerous.  That is my belief and I should be able to state my belief without being told I am wrong in my belief.

We don't need to beat each other up or keep going back and forth stating our reasons for why we have our beliefs or why the other person is wrong.

We disagree in our beliefs and that is okay.

It looks like most of the action in Chicago is represented by agencies. They're not hard to find with a simple Google search.

5 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

The website Backpage didn't try to harm me...but a lady who advertised on Backpage did. 

This is one if the reasons why I believe that there are several "shady" ladies on Backpage and I always recommending not utilizing Backpage as a resource as the "shady" ladies use Backpage as a resource since the more reputable local boards won't put up with ladies engaging in shady tactics.

I'm not saying all ladies on Backpage are shady, but it can be very difficult to identify those who aren't when you are travelling to unfamiliar territory.

BTW, this particular lady had a 720 area code in Chicago which is one of the reasons I called her and set up an appointment.

Lucy, I know you are a supporter of Backpage and that you believe there is nothing wrong with Backpage. That is your choice and you are free to believe in your choice. 

Just the same as I believe that ladies on Backpage can be shady or dangerous.  That is my belief and I should be able to state my belief without being told I am wrong in my belief.

We don't need to beat each other up or keep going back and forth stating our reasons for why we have our beliefs or why the other person is wrong.

We disagree in our beliefs and that is okay.

This is a discussion forum right? You represented your beliefs in a pretty serious way. Persuasive even. BP is not inherently evil and "reputable boards" do put up with the shadiness. It's the people that use these sites that suck not the sites themselves. It doesn't matter where you find the provider you want to see what matters is the research you do. 

I never said there was nothing wrong with BP,  it's just the most widely used advertising site in the US and probably the world. When you tell people to stay away you ignore the thousand of legitimate providers and clients that use it daily. It's where the money is made in this business and I will never tell anyone to stay away from it unless the site is compromised. 

Most important and I do repeat myself but research is more important than anything. There are zero ad sites that do integrity checks on their advertisers. If you see someone simply because of where they're advertising that's misguided. It's not just a few "hidden gems" that use BP it's pretty much the majority of women in this business. Chicago is a huge city and you're going to have a lot of legitimate providers advertising there.   

Sometimes beliefs can be wrong. And sometimes it's OK to get called out on them. You were in another city and picked a local number because somehow they might be safer or more legit. Blaming a site for your lack of research isn't fair and bad advice. 

TOB peeps need to burst their bubble and learn how to operate with other tools. 

It's very disappointing that you felt the need to try and correct me after my reply where I said it was okay for us to disagree with each other.

I'm not going to debate this with you.

We disagree about our opinions about the ladies that are found in BP....and that is okay. There is no harm or foul in disagreement with each other.

Have a fantastic day Lucy.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

It's very disappointing that you felt the need to try and correct me after my reply where I said it was okay for us to disagree with each other.

I'm not going to debate this with you.

We disagree about our opinions about the ladies that are found in BP....and that is okay. There is no harm or foul in disagreement with each other.

Have a fantastic day Lucy.

LOL it's not about disagreeing. It's about giving crap advice. Maybe don't state your opinions as absolute or actually say "in my opinion". If you don't want your opinions debated don't share them on a discussion forum. 

There is harm when you give bad advice. If I said TOB was a flaming turd because one time years ago I had a bad experience and no one should ever use it I think everyone here would disagree with me. See why it's crap advice? It's false and disrespectful. Just because you had a bad time doesn't make it the fault of the site. 

It's very disappointing that you're not actually interested in discourse and try to learn something new. Did you know the owner of RS2K is going to or is already in prison? No you didn't because you were too concerned with warning about a BP experience that you had years ago.

No one blames TOB when they have a bad experience maybe ask yourself why?

12 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Stay away from BackPage in any state. the contents of a cesspool won't vary by state.

49 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Stay away from BackPage in any state. the contents of a cesspool won't vary by state.

You are so right Boink

1 hour ago, boink36 said:

So...

1.) what do you say to the women on this board that post on backpage as well? Because there are several. Or at least there used to be.

2.) what does TOB do to vet ads? 

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

LOL it's not about disagreeing. It's about giving crap advice. Maybe don't state your opinions as absolute or actually say "in my opinion". If you don't want your opinions debated don't share them on a discussion forum. 

There is harm when you give bad advice. If I said TOB was a flaming turd because one time years ago I had a bad experience and no one should ever use it I think everyone here would disagree with me. See why it's crap advice? It's false and disrespectful. Just because you had a bad time doesn't make it the fault of the site. 

It's very disappointing that you're not actually interested in discourse and try to learn something new. Did you know the owner of RS2K is going to or is already in prison? No you didn't because you were too concerned with warning about a BP experience that you had years ago.

No one blames TOB when they have a bad experience maybe ask yourself why?

FYI, my opinion is based on multiple experiences (probably 20-30 experiences) over several years...not one bad experience as you stated above. 

To tell me that my opinion/advice is crap, bad, harmful, false and disrespectful without knowing all the facts is speaking before you know all the facts.

Once I found TOB, I never went back to BP.  Didn't need to when there are so many quality, reputable ladies here.

You ask why no one blames TOB when they have a bad experience.  Maybe it's because there are 98% great experiences (estimating here) with TOB ladies versus the bad experiences with BP ladies.

And no, I did not know about the owner of RS2K. But it is a well known fact that the feds want to shut down all websites that have adult services advertising...including BP.

Based on my experiences with BP ladies, I can never recommend meeting BP ladies who advertise on BP only.

Have a great night Lucy!

56 minutes ago, JoDoe27 said:

So...

1.) what do you say to the women on this board that post on backpage as well? Because there are several. Or at least there used to be.

2.) what does TOB do to vet ads? 

I tell them the same thing I have said for years, your ad is posted in a cesspool. as for question two, how many times have you seen BackPage remove bogus photos or call out self reviews? 

7 minutes ago, boink36 said:

I tell them the same thing I have said for years, your ad is posted in a cesspool. as for question two, how many times have you seen BackPage remove bogus photos or call out self reviews? 

Well you can’t review on BP so I’d wager none for that one. As for the photos complaints do seem to garner attention from their admins. Does TOB automatically pull fake photos? There’s image verification now but do the admins maticulously check all photos posted or wait for a complaint?

Personally I’ve no complaint on where people decide to post or where individuals find their next interest; however, it’s rather off putting that TOB has this notion only “reputable ladies” post here and only here when a fair chunk of its members use the other site(s) as a means of revenue. 

9 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

Well you can’t review on BP so I’d wager none for that one. As for the photos complaints do seem to garner attention from their admins. Does TOB automatically pull fake photos? There’s image verification now but do the admins maticulously check all photos posted or wait for a complaint?

Personally I’ve no complaint on where people decide to post or where individuals find their next interest; however, it’s rather off putting that TOB has this notion only “reputable ladies” post here and only here when a fair chunk of its members use the other site(s) as a means of revenue. 

I think it's contrarian for the sake of it. BackPage is literally just a site. It has no discussion forum like TOB to persuade and set rules, they can't vet members because they're not an adult site in the same sense. These same guys say research is key but stay away from BP but all BP is a tool. 

What these naysayers are really doing is calling it's users trash which is in part on purpose. The purposefully refuse to understand why BP operates the way it does. Calling out fake reviews and photos is an admission of guilt. BP cannot at all help or edit ads in any way, that was a topic of debate when congress was breathing down their necks. 

They know that they can't really insult BP because even under pressure their CEO is laughing all the way to the bank. So it's really more about trying insult the users. It's all short-sighted, purposefully mean and just plain old wrong. It's classism, but even that again is misguided, and a bizarre way to promote other sites and it's not just here. Any place that has a local board pushes the same false idea. 

It is merely a vehicle,  they make money it's users make money. It's a win-win for everyone involved. To try and compare it to other adult ad sites is pointless, it doesn't operate in the same way. What really baffles me is the lack of business sense in the anti-BP arguments. Why would anyone not advertise where their ad is viewed thousands of times a day? Why would a client not want to look in the most well known place? 

I said it before there are no ad sites that vet their users for integrity. It's people that are the problem not websites. Shitty people and shitty sessions have happened as a result of every single ad site in existence. Because people are the problem. Long post even longer I will never forget the time a "touring" provider had another lady message me because she was somewhere east and her P411 ad was getting zero traffic. I asked the monkey in the middle is she had posted on BP, turns out she hadn't because she had bought into the belief that one site fits all. Once she posted on BP magically business appeared. 

Many of us owe our success to BP.