New to Touring...Pros/Cons

18 posts in this topic

Ok... so I am asking TRAVELING Providers a question.... Do you enjoy touring? And what type of advice can you share about your experiences?.... Love to get your input...Thanks

Quit talking B.S. about others is my advice! Trust me in saying it will never serve you to gossip or shame others. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Quit talking B.S. about others is my advice! Trust me in saying it will never serve you to gossip or shame others. Thank you!

This thread is intended to SEEK ADVICE from TRAVELING PROVIDERS. Kali you are a local... no drama needed nor warranted....have a better day

22 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Ok... so I am asking TRAVELING Providers a question.... Do you enjoy touring? And what type of advice can you share about your experiences?.... Love to get your input...Thanks

Hello. We have never met or spoken but here is a tidbit or two..

Definitely find the local board, become a member, post, and engage prior to your arrival date. It will take a visit or two to get going but by your third visit you should definitely have some favorites! In your post make it known you would like to be shown around their town/city 😉.

Screen. Screen. Screen every client.

Hotels...Stay in a larger, well known hotel. Perferably during a time of convention or meetings until you get to know the areas.

I travel often. PM me for more info if you’d like. 

8 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

+1

Thank you alexa... that Info is helpful... have a great day🤗

NYC was my first tour.  It would have be much more profitable if I would not have gone to the Opera, and Broadway shows.  I love the city, and met some amazing new friends.  Gents in NY prebook.  The cancellation were disappointing, but happen everywhere.  I cannot wait to go back.  Not just for work, though!!

4 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

NYC was my first tour.  It would have be much more profitable if I would not have gone to the Opera, and Broadway shows.  I love the city, and met some amazing new friends.  Gents in NY prebook.  The cancellation were disappointing, but happen everywhere.  I cannot wait to go back.  Not just for work, though!!

This was my first as well...I learned quite a bit

On 11/13/2017 at 2:52 AM, Bella Marie said:

I understand you are asking advise from ladies who travel, and I meet neigher of those standards.  I do, however see traveling ladies from time to time and thought maybe my input might be welcome.  As very few traveling ladies come throught Colorado Springs, I have to travel to Denvel to meet them. I have to plan these trips a bit ahead of time.  That makes it very important to me that the lady advertises in a place that I will see it (like here) at least two weeks in advance.  As I hate to travel to Denver and get stood up, it's important to do as much research on the lady as possible.  Having a place that I can go and see reviews like TER is a big deal to me, if there are no reviews on a local board.  Accepting pre-booking is also a big deal.  I also feel better about the booking when I am able to communicate with the lady when I book and leading up the appointment.  I've had bad luck when all I get is an auto response from a web site after I book.  I feel much better when I get a personal email from the lady thanking me for booking, and mentioning the location, time and date of the appointment. I also feel much better when I get a personal follow up email confirming the day before the appointment. I know most traveling ladies will host in a hotel.  I feel much more comfortable walking through the lobby of a conference center-type hotel where there a usually a lot of activity going on, as opposed to a hotel aimed at travelers where everyone checking in in the evening and checks out in the morning, and any activity outside that pattern is more likely to get noticed. Happy travels. 

14 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

I understand you are asking advise from ladies who travel, and I meet neigher of those standards.  I do, however see traveling ladies from time to time and thought maybe my input might be welcome.  As very few traveling ladies come throught Colorado Springs, I have to travel to Denvel to meet them. I have to plan these trips a bit ahead of time.  That makes it very important to me that the lady advertises in a place that I will see it (like here) at least two weeks in advance.  As I hate to travel to Denver and get stood up, it's important to do as much research on the lady as possible.  Having a place that I can go and see reviews like TER is a big deal to me, if there are no reviews on a local board.  Accepting pre-booking is also a big deal.  I also feel better about the booking when I am able to communicate with the lady when I book and leading up the appointment.  I've had bad luck when all I get is an auto response from a web site after I book.  I feel much better when I get a personal email from the lady thanking me for booking, and mentioning the location, time and date of the appointment. I also feel much better when I get a personal follow up email confirming the day before the appointment. I know most traveling ladies will host in a hotel.  I feel much more comfortable walking through the lobby of a conference center-type hotel where there a usually a lot of activity going on, as opposed to a hotel aimed at travelers where everyone checking in in the evening and checks out in the morning, and any activity outside that pattern is more likely to get noticed. Happy travels. 

Thank you for your insightful input from a clients perspective....

Again, not a provider, not traveling, but I would add this:  Last week I saw a traveling gal from Florida - she gave me the address and name of the hotel, so I googled it to get directions, etc.  It was a very nice place, and like Mustang87 said, it was a business hotel with a conference center and restaurants, etc.  Very classy, very upscale, made a nice impression.  I noted in the google result that rooms were $97 per night (I wasn't looking, didn't really care, just popped up).  I was surprised at how affordable it was so, just for fun, I googled a nearby La Quinta (a bit of a dump) and it was $82 per night.  So for $15 more per night, she has a really classy, safe place, with lots of activity in the lobby and hallways, with people coming and going all the time and attached restaurants.  Just something to think about.

3 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Thank you for your insight.  You and BB made some great points.  Very helpful... I love to travel and cannot wait for my next trip.

3 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Thank you for your insight.  You and BB made some great points.  Very helpful... I love to travel and cannot wait for my next trip.

You Miss Raine have too much wanderlust! Staying focused is the hardest part of touring especially when you're in fantastic cities like New York. 

20 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

You Miss Raine have too much wanderlust! Staying focused is the hardest part of touring especially when you're in fantastic cities like New York. 

Lol.... she's not the only one😄

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Again, not a provider, not traveling, but I would add this:  Last week I saw a traveling gal from Florida - she gave me the address and name of the hotel, so I googled it to get directions, etc.  It was a very nice place, and like Mustang87 said, it was a business hotel with a conference center and restaurants, etc.  Very classy, very upscale, made a nice impression.  I noted in the google result that rooms were $97 per night (I wasn't looking, didn't really care, just popped up).  I was surprised at how affordable it was so, just for fun, I googled a nearby La Quinta (a bit of a dump) and it was $82 per night.  So for $15 more per night, she has a really classy, safe place, with lots of activity in the lobby and hallways, with people coming and going all the time and attached restaurants.  Just something to think about.

thank you... i usually stay in Upscale/ Nice rooms....

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I know we can't name names but really an upscale place at $97 a night? That's a steal. 

I agree with everything you've said. Location is really everything. It has to be good for you and your clients. Those convention friendly hotels are the best because they are constantly busy and who the hell knows who's there for what. Clients want to feel safe and when traveling it's nice to have amenities. Do they serve food is the most important to me. I keep weird hours when touring and meal times get wonky.  Serving some sort of breakfast is a must. 

When I tour I stay in nice places in the hots spots in town. I don't travel to a big city to stay in the burbs or next to the airport.  I don't like to be stuck with nothing to do when I have downtime. 

We all need advice from time to time Bella but it's helpful if you ask specific questions. A lot of this is trial and error and not one size fits all advice. I like to help my fellow providers but I wont tell them what to do. One I just give advice I am not to be held accountable if didn't work for you and two I (like many others) work hard for the knowledge I have and wont offer a play by play. I did my research. I researched the cities I wanted to go to. I researched neighborhoods and ad sites on my own. I went to other providers when I needed to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. I have even paid for help when I've needed it. There are a handful of ladies out there that offer consultations. Marketing, branding, website and touring help. I can send you names if you're interested. If you're limited in knowledge on a certain subject these ladies offer a great service and are really helpful. 

18 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

We all need advice from time to time Bella but it's helpful if you ask specific questions. A lot of this is trial and error and not one size fits all advice. I like to help my fellow providers but I wont tell them what to do. One I just give advice I am not to be held accountable if didn't work for you and two I (like many others) work hard for the knowledge I have and wont offer a play by play. I did my research. I researched the cities I wanted to go to. I researched neighborhoods and ad sites on my own. I went to other providers when I needed to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. I have even paid for help when I've needed it. There are a handful of ladies out there that offer consultations. Marketing, branding, website and touring help. I can send you names if you're interested. If you're limited in knowledge on a certain subject these ladies offer a great service and are really helpful. 

You've worked hard to gain the knowledge you currently have. What works for you may not work for another. Answering a specific question is a lot easier than just giving out generalized information.

Consultants get paid mucho dollars for providing their knowledge to others. Others write books and get paid very well.