Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishndude57

Fuckin Broncos...

51 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, tide32 said:

Green and Gold, till i'm dead and cold. No matter what. Go Packers. 

Had to down vote this.

Signed, 

Still Pissed Could Not Beat Rogers-less Scum and Blew it Against Lions Bears Fan.

I watched the entire game again today from start to finish.  😣

7 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I watched the entire game again today from start to finish.  😣

Why, you need Red Zone, I just wish Dallas was on as the same time as Broncos. Fuckin Broncos!

Monday Morning the Broncos fire their offensive coordinator Mike McCoy.

Reportedly, Bill Musgrave (QB coach) has been moved up.

And so it begins....

Edited by Johnboy#1

The fact that Brock Osweiller has a job and Colin Kapernick sits in his house on Sundays is all the proof I need that the owners are indeed colluding. 

10 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

The fact that Brock Osweiller has a job and Colin Kapernick sits in his house on Sundays is all the proof I need that the owners are indeed colluding. 

gyOKUDC.jpg?1

15 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

The way I look at it for Kapernick....he took a stance and now he is paying for it. Tough Shit. If he was truly that great of a quarterback, he'd have a job.

In the meantime, Marshawn Lynch sat during the American anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem yesterday. Very disrespectful. 

1 minute ago, ilovewomen said:

The way I look at it for Kapernick....he took a stance and now he is paying for it. Tough Shit. If he was truly that great of a quarterback, he'd have a job.

In the meantime, Marshawn Lynch sat during the American anthem and stood for the Mexican anthem yesterday. Very disrespectful. 

Just so I’m clear you’d argue that Brock Osweiller and several other subpar QBs are far better than Kaep?

I’d be ok if teams said he was distraction, or they didn’t approve of protests, employer/employee expectations but that’s not the route they decided to take. 

And im trying my best not to go down the stand for the flag rabbit hole. His employer can say they don’t want it and they’re able to openly do so as it’s their ability. As an American he’s 100% in his right to protest. Bottom line.  You don’t have to like it, agree with it, can shout opppsition but it is his right just as it’s yours. I think what people should be careful of is an attempt to strip individual rights because then where would it end?

44 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

gyOKUDC.jpg?1

Damn, Fishin'Dude, I pictured you as much older, and maybe not quite so handsome.  What a surprise. Love your tats.

BTW, I also stand for the National Anthem, and think it is great that you do too, but it's a personal thing that I don't try and impose on other people, just like my religion, and my morals, and my politics.  We used to have a very interesting country where we could each express our opinions without trying to force them on others, then we got the Twit in Chief, who believes that only he ever has the correct opinion, and shit has ever since been constantly in the fan.

2 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Damn, Fishin'Dude, I pictured you as much older, and maybe not quite so handsome.  What a surprise. Love your tats.

BTW, I also stand for the National Anthem, and think it is great that you do too, but it's a personal thing that I don't try and impose on other people, just like my religion, and my morals, and my politics.  We used to have a very interesting country where we could each express our opinions without trying to force them on others, then we got the Twit in Chief, who believes that only he ever has the correct opinion, and shit has ever since been constantly in the fan.

I only have 1 tat, and I didn't even cry :P

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Just so I’m clear you’d argue that Brock Osweiller and several other subpar QBs are far better than Kaep?

I’d be ok if teams said he was distraction, or they didn’t approve of protests, employer/employee expectations but that’s not the route they decided to take. 

And im trying my best not to go down the stand for the flag rabbit hole. His employer can say they don’t want it and they’re able to openly do so as it’s their ability. As an American he’s 100% in his right to protest. Bottom line.  You don’t have to like it, agree with it, can shout opppsition but it is his right just as it’s yours. I think what people should be careful of is an attempt to strip individual rights because then where would it end?

I'm not saying Osweiler or any other unemployed quarterback is better than Kaepernick. I'm saying that in my opinion, Kaepernick is no better of a quarterback than Osweiler or any other backup quarterbacks.  The Broncos brought Osweiler back in because they culd get him for the league minimum.  Kaepernick is demanding starter money...something that is turning off the teams. Some teams may not be hiring him because of his stance. He made his choice and now he has to live with it.

Just as Kaepernick and any other player has the right to kneel during the National Anthem, I have the right to say to say it is disrepectful.

47 minutes ago, ilovewomen said:

I'm not saying Osweiler or any other unemployed quarterback is better than Kaepernick. I'm saying that in my opinion, Kaepernick is no better of a quarterback than Osweiler or any other backup quarterbacks.  The Broncos brought Osweiler back in because they culd get him for the league minimum.  Kaepernick is demanding starter money...something that is turning off the teams. Some teams may not be hiring him because of his stance. He made his choice and now he has to live with it.

Just as Kaepernick and any other player has the right to kneel during the National Anthem, I have the right to say to say it is disrepectful.

Personally I don’t think Kaep is more than a mid tier QB but Brock is starting in Denver and people ask how that’s a thing. Cutler was brought out of retirement. The Browns are...the Browns. Hell even Chicago has no idea what to do in QB terms. We can argue the merits of a starter all day. 

I agree with you that it’s your right to disagree. I actually said so in my previous post and will continue to argue that. I just wish as many people angry about people not standing would be equally as angry as to what prompted the protest. Like I said though, all the demands for players to stand, even by our president, are in direct conflict of the 1st amendment. Please voice your concerns and option but don’t demand anything from others. And I’m not arguing “if the employer tells you to abide.” 

1) The employer (NFL, team owner, or even coach) has a right to demand that employees (players, coachs, etc) stand during the anthem when representing the franchise. 

2) I have the right to not partake of their product if they fail to do so.

Here let's try this. Can we all agree on the following because this circular argument is old.

1.) employers are within their bounds by demanding a code of conduct by their employees. you can't bring guns to work in most cases, right? 

2.) the president is abusing his powers by stepping into the matter and making demands

3.) the protest, as quoted by those partaking and ones running it now, is NOT about disrespecting the flag but instead a disappointment in this country at its failure to acknowledge or even demand police be held accountable for their negligent actions

4.) those guys -and really anyone for that matter-, short of their employer saying otherwise because of a penalty and even then they do not have to because a penalty is in place and it's really if they choose to accept the punishment or fall in does not have to stand as it is not a government mandate or law, but a choice, and a freedom to oppose it is protected by the 1st amendment 

5.) everyone is entitled to their opinion

6.) no one seemed to give a shit when teams didn't even come out for the national anthem, nor do they stop at home and demanded everyone stand and salute, or stands at attention when at concession stands

7.) the NFL has been politicized long before this

I watch football for entertainment, not a PSA on social issues.  What they do on their own time is fine, but just don't be a distraction on the field.

5 hours ago, JoDoe27 said:

2.) the president is abusing his powers by stepping into the matter and making demands

The President is well within his right to step into the matter. He has 1st Amendment rights just like you & I.  I agree that he is overstepping his authority when he makes demands. I believe that TR was to first to coin the phrase "bully pulpit", but most of his predecessor would take positions on current issues. Ask Pres. Jackson how he felt about a central bank. Lord knows Pres. Obama definitely stepped into 'local' issues.  

8 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

The President is well within his right to step into the matter. He has 1st Amendment rights just like you & I.  I agree that he is overstepping his authority when he makes demands. I believe that TR was to first to coin the phrase "bully pulpit", but most of his predecessor would take positions on current issues. Ask Pres. Jackson how he felt about a central bank. Lord knows Pres. Obama definitely stepped into 'local' issues.  

Except the moment Trump told the NFL to fire players and making demands as such he encroached up doing something very illegal which is using his position of power to influence a private entity's employment. So no, he's outside of his 1st Amendment right because its illegal for the president, a member of congress, judicial or legislative branch to do exactly what he's doing. And since so many love to point out how an employer controls employees with rules and regulations Trump finds himself squarely in the same camp. 

As for Obama please point me to where he did the same? He spoke on social issues; like black men and teenagers being killed by cops and those cops getting off fairly regularly. That seems like something the president should speak on. But that's just me. 

Edited by JoDoe27

All I said was Fuckin Broncos, did not want a Fuckin Political blog. Broncos SUCK, I think a Broncos Suck ad, with an Osweiller jersey and pacifier by any Lady might mean increased biz. I did get really cool Broncos camo gear tho. I did buy that T and and one other too. 

Edited by fishndude57
Fuckin autocorrect on camo

20 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yeah, but when TR used the term "Bully Pulpit" he was using a slang term of his day, as in "Bully for You," meaning "Good for You."  He didn't mean that the President should try and bully everyone from the pulpit.

Edited by BadBoy