coolhand luke

calling for specials for ladies and gents

16 posts in this topic

I was just wondering do you call a lady when she is advertising a special but does not list the special and asks you to call for the rate.  I know that this is a way to get someone in the door so to speak. We have had quite a few discussions on the board about prices and guys seeking the cheapest way out and you get what you pay for  etc.

1.   For the guys do you ever wonder if this makes you look cheap in the ladies eyes (if that matters at all ) and does it make you a  uncomfortable to call and ask the rate knowing your limit and that you may have to say no thanks....... IF you have the will power? 

2.   Do wonder if you are going to have as good a meeting knowing that you are getting a special rate?

=======================================================================================================

3;   For the ladies what is the reasons you don't list the specials that you are offering and instead ask the guy to call?     Some ladies do list their specials rates.

==========================================================================================================================

In the same thread when looking at an ad either here or maybe p 411 etc for a Visiting Lady and they say call for rates , 

1.  Does that make you less likely to call and thus to skip her and search for another lady who does advertise her fee for services? 

2.  Or does it make you more likely to call if you like what you see and maybe you can talk her into a lower rate or something else?

In other words:

for the guys does calling  and asking for rates make you uncomfortable in any way or it doesn't  bother you at all?

for the ladies if you don't list the special rates   doesn't it lead to  a lot of wasted time thus a lot more work for you or does it really bring you more clients?

Just something I have always wondered about.  I know this is a business like anything else and this type of advertising does generate potential clients but does it do so in this type of business?

Generally I don't make the call unless I have a good ball park figure (+/-20%) for her rates. I've usually made up my mind to see her; I make the call for scheduling arrangements.  My budget is not as rate sensitive as it used to be, but I'm still value conscious.   Yes, I feel uncomfortable saying "No thank you." based on rates, but if the ad say average and she says H$H ...

Finding rates has become a more difficult proposition, what with new BP rules.  TOB reviews no longer contain that information (a good thing imho).  Asking on the phone sets one up for new bracelets.  Advertising it sets her up for similar jewelry.

While I appreciate it when the providers offer specials, I generally don't call to ask about rates. If the provider posts her rate I bring the amount posted unless + a tip. Unlike some hobbyists, I don't try to haggle down the rate. This hobby isn't a flea market or bazaar. If the rate isn't posted and the "special" is beyond the amount I'm willing to donate, I tell the provider that is above what funds I have available and thank the provider for her time in answering my call. On certain occasions, the provider seems surprised by my politeness and accomodates me for the amount I have available. However, I do not try to bargain her down.

If there is a discrepancy between the rate posted on this board and one posted on p411, I do ask the provider which is the valid amount. 

I pay the advertised rate. If it's a pricier proposition, and if I really want to meet the Lady I do. I stay away from all the hi-priced traveling Ladies, I'm pretty sure they're not that special so as to pony up for it. Same said for some that advertise more than some that I do visit, I won't see them either because simply their reviews are neither as good or even worse than most I choose to see. Ratz, cause there's a couple on my bucket list but will never happen. I took advantage of a duo's special once, it was well worth it. I already had a good relationship with one of the Ladies, otherwise I probably would have passed. I never ask for rates, y'all trained me better than that. 

Edited by fishndude57
Forgot last sentence

Always ask in Email or Through your TOB or 411 if you are unsure guys.

Include a couple of references So SHE feels better about filling you in and It cuts  the back and forth emails in half..

I personally am a NumbNuts when it comes to keeping Up with my Ads, especially if I did Auto Posts for that week. I ALWAYS forget to update . BUT it is OK to ask , there are other ways to ask as well

"Hey Chrissy,  saw Your TOB posts. What's The Correct  "birthday gift" I am supposed to bring if I can get away to see you? "  Here's my Refs(if Emailing) 

Remember if Going Through 411 and TOB we can already see them :)

But the answer is the same to ANYTHING along these lines..

(Text) How much? 

(Call) What's your donation?

(Email) What are your ratest?

You get NO love ;)

NO response is the BEST reply you can ask for when Pulling this move..... 

I hate discussing rates, so I post them. See when I first started, I was told that you never discuss rates on the phone. Same goes for email. The info is out there, and if a guy asks me, he’s either lazy and didn’t read my very clear ad, or he’s a cop. Either way, you get a big fat NOPE from me. 

I do miss in the ad section where you could increase the font and font color. Never had a problem because you couldn’t miss the important stuff.

**sarcasm font** So guys, please read and enroll your penis in basic reading and typing skills....muah! 

2 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I hate discussing rates, so I post them. See when I first started, I was told that you never discuss rates on the phone. Same goes for email. The info is out there, and if a guy asks me, he’s either lazy and didn’t read my very clear ad, or he’s a cop. Either way, you get a big fat NOPE from me. 

I do miss in the ad section where you could increase the font and font color. Never had a problem because you couldn’t miss the important stuff.

**sarcasm font** So guys, please read and enroll your penis in basic reading and typing skills....muah! 

But please me understanding and patient.....Many penises have reading difficulties since they only have one eye.

8 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

But please me understanding and patient.....Many penises have reading difficulties since they only have one eye.

And it may be "watering" at the time :cool:

2 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I hate discussing rates also, but too many ladies either post NO rates or post MULTIPLE rates that vary from site to site.  No choice but to ask in first case.  If multiple rates I simply refer to one specifically and ask "I trust the rate for an hour of your time is as posted today on XXXX"  My favorite rate confusion was a lady that advertised every frickin day on EB for literally months "special today $XXX" - but expected the higher rate posted on p411.  Shrug - both were probably too low lol.

20 hours ago, amcbl1 said:

While I appreciate it when the providers offer specials, I generally don't call to ask about rates. If the provider posts her rate I bring the amount posted unless + a tip. Unlike some hobbyists, I don't try to haggle down the rate. This hobby isn't a flea market or bazaar. If the rate isn't posted and the "special" is beyond the amount I'm willing to donate, I tell the provider that is above what funds I have available and thank the provider for her time in answering my call. On certain occasions, the provider seems surprised by my politeness and accomodates me for the amount I have available. However, I do not try to bargain her down.

If there is a discrepancy between the rate posted on this board and one posted on p411, I do ask the provider which is the valid amount. 

I think this is the best approach, especially for new people. Talking about money is generally a no-no. If I'm sure she's legit then got no problem saying 'hey, so what's the special today?' I'll take any discount a lady wants to offer. But I'm not gonna haggle. Trying to talk her down a few bucks kinda starts things off on an awkward note. 

21 hours ago, jj254 said:

I think this is the best approach, especially for new people. Talking about money is generally a no-no. If I'm sure she's legit then got no problem saying 'hey, so what's the special today?' I'll take any discount a lady wants to offer. But I'm not gonna haggle. Trying to talk her down a few bucks kinda starts things off on an awkward note. 

I'm also one who will take advantage of the occasional special. Don't see anything wrong with that.  She did offer, after all. I would hope in that case she would post the special rates.  If not, I don't think it is wrong to ask. If she won't answer the questions about rates, after advertising a special, I would thank her for her time and move one. 

If a lady advertises a special, but doesn't post what it is, I won't call/email/text for details (the 'never discuss rates' is too ingrained).  I might make an exception for a YL that I have seen multiple times, but if I like them that much, I'm willing to pay their normal rate...

When I encounter the different rates on ToB vs. P411 scenario, I'll assume the YL is okay with either.  When I contact her, I will reference the site that listed the lower rate, so that her expectation is that I'm going by that rate but I won't discuss the rate (see above).

The only stupid question is the one that is not asked. At least that’s what I heard 😉. Asking is better than assuming. Just watch your tone of assumption when asking. Like if a lady posts ‘Flash Black Friday Sale! $20 off All Bookings’ it’s probably safe to ask if the special is still valid (it is from 8a-4p). As always do your homework but be brave! Good luck! 

In general I go with the assumption of:  If you have to ask the price, you probably can't afford it.

On 11/19/2017 at 11:18 AM, Admiral C said:

And reading through a condom must cause further difficulties......:)

BP won't let us advertise rates anymore, and half of them don't read our website that we spend hours designing so I give out my rate. I also like to do that so there is never a question as to what it is when they walk in my door. I never want it to be "shame on me" for not stating what my rate is.

Every lady runs their business a certain way so make sure you read up on her info to know what she expects. That is a one way to get declined if you don't do your homework.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard