Johnboy#1

Daylight Savings Time

14 posts in this topic

Unless you're in Arizona or Hawaii, you should set your clocks back tonight at 2 AM.

https://www.time.gov/     Click the arrow to change to Mountain time zone. 

I still think it's a dumb idea to change. Pick one and stay with it.

May today there be peace within you. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. Remember, friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Edited by Johnboy#1

I absolutely agree. I have never liked changing time . Not even one hour. I need all the time I can get. Time is $ .'Nuff said!:lol:

Edited by Jez UaBriain

Minor correction:

It actually is Daylight Saving Time, without the ~s. 

How significant is that I don't know..

19 minutes ago, frankenthaler91 said:

Who is taking appointments for 1:30 AM? 

I got a belly laugh out of that. :D

On 11/4/2017 at 9:15 PM, ceeu2nite said:

Minor correction:

It actually is Daylight Saving Time, without the ~s. 

How significant is that I don't know..

"Savings" sounds like a bank account. I knew a guy who, because he's always heard of it as "daylight savings," truly felt like he was banking the daylight for use later. It made absolutely no sense, but it made him really happy that he had that extra daylight "banked" that he could pull out next time it changed.

People are weird.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:39 PM, frankenthaler91 said:

Who is taking appointments for 1:30 AM? 

Many moons ago, there was I bar I sometimes went to, and on daylight savings, would roll the lock back again to 1:00 on the second occurrence of 2:00.

I'd try to setup an hour at starting at 2:00: "what do you mean my time is up? It's not even 2:00 yet!".

We had like 3 hours of sunshine today ☹️  and now it’s snowing ☃️  Who wants to snowbird on the other side of the world? ✈️

7 hours ago, sweetkarizmatic said:

We had like 3 hours of sunshine today ☹️  and now it’s snowing ☃️  Who wants to snowbird on the other side of the world? ✈️

You don't have to go that far. I've gone swimming to cool down after pétanque every day for past two week.  It's been upper 80s/low 90s during the day, 70s at night.

2 minutes ago, wglide2003 said:

Where you at Bit?

Did you take your scooter?

RGV, TX. 

Of course I took the scooter. My truck hasn't left the park since I got here weeks ago.   

22 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

You don't have to go that far. I've gone swimming to cool down after pétanque every day for past two week.  It's been upper 80s/low 90s during the day, 70s at night.

That ain't the kind of rubbing it in, Bit, that we like, Those of us here in the Rockies are freezing our asses off right now. Show off.:cool:

32 minutes ago, Jez UaBriain said:

That ain't the kind of rubbing it in, Bit, that we like, Those of us here in the Rockies are freezing our asses off right now. Show off.:cool:

True dat!  The same could be said for the Cali gals who don't ski.  But there are punishments to go with the warm weather.  I haven't found any senoritas as sweet as Rocky Mountain gals. 😁