decafnaetd

Creampie part Deux

16 posts in this topic

So there was so much discussion of Cream Pie recently that now I really want one. In your opinion, what restaurant has the best pies around? I'm looking for that place that when the holidays roll around, you cannot help but head there for their delicious baked goods. I've always been partial to Marie Calendar, but I'm sure there's something better!

Might try Tony's Markets. If you've never been they're pretty awesome. Pricey but really good. 

Depends on the type of pie!  For most kinds, I prefer a good local, family-owned bakery, or Cheesecake Factory, which has surprisingly good pie.  Also a second thumbs up on Tony's Markets.

Now if fur-pie is what you desire, I also have recommendations, but to mention them here might be shilling, so PM.

Edited by BadBoy

Village Inn and Perkins! The Crème silk and Pecan pie is the best :)

Walnut Cafe in Boulder does a really nice pie. My Mom's Pie in Niwot is good as well. Lucky's Bakehouse in Boulder does a nice job, just maybe not as good as two previous.

Tony's Market, per above, have not had their pie, but have had other bakery items which were good.

Doesn't Frank Bonanno have a pie service on Larimer, part of his Green Russell bar? Guessing that one is good.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Believe it or not, try Tagawa Nursery on south Parker road.  Take and bake, verrrry good

Edited by petey-9950
Spelling

8 minutes ago, Just Jos said:

Sushi den has the best banana cream pie around! 

Did not anticipate a sushi place to pop up in the recommendations.

9 hours ago, NoCoGeezer said:

My Mom's Pie in Niwot is good as well.

...must...resist...urge...to make...mom...joke

Village Inn.

At least for French Silk they are the gold standard.

Edited by No One In Particular

On 11/3/2017 at 4:18 AM, Long Time said:

...must...resist...urge...to make...mom...joke

aaawww C'mon, I was expecting something like "how long has your mom been working in Niwot?". :D

Had a conversation with Boink about pies of this sort a year or so ago. Village Inn makes great pies to take to a holiday party. 

Sony's came up several times here. Where is this place located? 

I bake cheesecake -super easy if you have a food processor. 

3 minutes ago, decafnaetd said:

I love a delicious cheesecake!!

Chocolate chip with whipped cream! I make a nut crust. However if you have a nut allergy? I can do gramcracker. Chocolate grams are great with what I make. I also only use raw honey (no refine sugar). Little sugar with the whipped cream and gramcrakers. Still good super easy! 😀😀 

I bought a pumpkin pie at Costco. It was great and only 5.99. Made my own whipped cream and had a big smile on my face.