Soundslikefun1984

Advice please before court.

22 posts in this topic

Yeah, a bit of advice: "Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."  Translation:  The police will lie to you to get you to confess to everything you did and a bit more, so keep your mouth shut.  "You have the right to an attorney, and if you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided to you."  Translation:  Get a lawyer.

If this is the first time you have heard these words, definitely get a lawyer, you may be able to get the whole thing thrown out.

Finally, relax a bit.  You are a first-time, misdemeanor offender.  You will likely not do jail time or have to pay a hefty fine.  You may even get a deferred prosecution or deferred sentencing and get the whole thing dismissed if you behave for a year and meet with your probation officer like a good upstanding citizen.

Final words:  Keep your mouth shut until you speak with your lawyer.

If you walk in there without an attorney, ask for a continuation so that you can seek council. You have a right to the discovery and often times an attorney can get it thrown out. 

Someone PM this girl with an attorney who is provider friendly!

i wish you all the best sweetheart! Remember to say yes man and yes sir. Dress nicely and do not argue with anyone. 

all they gonna do is give you jail time, suspend it and if you get caught again they impose jail time, had a friend in same situation, dont know what a lawyer can do for you, maybe a plea bargain?  public defender 

7 hours ago, stevie-2249 said:

all they gonna do is give you jail time, suspend it and if you get caught again they impose jail time, had a friend in same situation, dont know what a lawyer can do for you, maybe a plea bargain?  public defender 

This isn't quite true. I personally know countless ladies that either got them dismissed, was put on probation, or got a lesser sentence...and a few of them got more than just a prostitution charge with no jail time. Quit scaring people thinking that is what the result is going to be because one girl got jail time.

Educate yourself on what to expect, get a lawyer(and a good one), like Melissa said be polite and dress professionally, do not miss any of your court dates, and do not talk to anyone BUT your attorney. You have rights...use them!

If you are brave enough to want to continue to be in this business, contact providers that have been in this awhile and learn to screen diligently. You might also want to look at how your present yourself professionally, and reading the discovery will help you to know what to avoid in the future. Good luck to you and be safe!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

You are all assuming the OP is a woman, I assumed the OP was a man (only because the OP seemed clueless).  I think the advice is the same either way, but since the profile gave no information, how did you all determine the OP was a woman?

4 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

You are all assuming the OP is a woman, I assumed the OP was a man (only because the OP seemed clueless).  I think the advice is the same either way, but since the profile gave no information, how did you all determine the OP was a woman?

This had been my assumption as well. But I guess I don't know.

3 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

This isn't quite true. I personally know countless ladies that either got them dismissed, was put on probation, or got a lesser sentence...and a few of them got more than just a prostitution charge with no jail time. Quit scaring people thinking that is what the result is going to be because one girl got jail time.

Educate yourself on what to expect, get a lawyer(and a good one), like Melissa said be polite and dress professionally, do not miss any of your court dates, and do not talk to anyone BUT your attorney. You have rights...use them!

If you are brave enough to want to continue to be in this business, contact providers that have been in this awhile and learn to screen diligently. You might also want to look at how your present yourself professionally, and reading the discovery will help you to know what to avoid in the future. Good luck to you and be safe!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Everyone situation is different. This why it's best just to speak with lawyer. 

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

every crime there is a up to time in jail or fine. 

What happened to the program where the girls go to some school and take hiv test? Or have I made a mistake?  

21 minutes ago, stevie-2249 said:

every crime there is a up to time in jail or fine. 

There is a chance, but telling them to expect it is being presumptuous.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

10 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

What happened to the program where the girls go to some school and take hiv test? Or have I made a mistake?  

I am not sure, might be required in specific counties...can't remember on the top of my head. Something they should look into to know. Yes, the attorney is definitely best.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I'm also curious how people determined the OP is a provider, not a client.  I assumed "client".

48 minutes ago, CountryGentleman said:

I'm also curious how people determined the OP is a provider, not a client.  I assumed "client".

The profile of the op doesn't say. 

10 minutes ago, Nikki Holiday said:

The profile of the op doesn't say. 

The profile setting is for Client having submitted zero reviews...

Man or woman doesn’t matter, advice is the same. 

6 hours ago, Nikki Holiday said:

Still in effect and the STD test has a time limit on it or a warrant is kicked out for failure to to comply.

Edited by Chrissy