Jade Gait

Stop Chasing Another Version of Yourself

21 posts in this topic

A great message- but hard sometimes for people to see through the daily drudge of life. For me it took the acceptance of changing my life- my diet- my sleep patterns. I am happy ( usually- until I get tired, then a bit of depression sets in - I understand this and let it pass.

I am happy !

I am me :)

Mr. Purple

And you have a bitchin', way-cool avatar.  Particularly on this Dia de los Muertos.

It is the "grass is always greener" problem that is programmed in humans.

Actually, a evolutionary relic, causing an individual to never truly be content- let us say you are in a safe valley with food and shelter 1000's years ago.  Our ancestors would never venture out and find even a better valley food source by getting up and motivated to move out.  Settle, standards reset repeat.  Ever wonder why powered stars that seem have it all, friends, fame, power (Robin Williams) can be commonly be found to be depressed and unhappy?  It takes real refection and discipline to overcome it.  

Once you get past the negative feelings of regret, lack of, emotional misgivings of how you view yourself? I think it is important to acknowledge your feelings of inadequacy and to offer it up in meditation.

"Just what is it that I am needing to do to overcome,invite, change, ____"

Last night with a close friend we discused this topic in great detail. Question offered up, " What am I needing to do in life to find my spark again?"

With meditation I always offer up to the highest good and let it go. Because I have come to believe that there is a source outside of my own understanding  that knows better how best to take care of, manifest, do away with in life. Thinking the hardest task is letting go. 

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

6 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

This is great advice. 

Denver used to be a small town atmosphere and presence of "normal" people. I tell all of my friends that it feels like LA now in that we have to keep up with the latest beauty trends (trying to look younger and younger), the fancy cars, designer labels, etc. I'm tired of being on the hamster wheel. Let's be real, be ourselves, and get back to LIVING.

Nothing wrong with just living your own life by that of your own terms. True happiness is not found in glitter/looks/items, or even other people. That whole thinking of once I achieve that particular goal is all so far fetched! True happiness comes from within and from living a well balanced life. 

Sick of all the crazy drivers on the road. Funny thing I stay back in traffic while everyone races around me passing on the outside, honking, you name it. Lol what's even more funny is I end up seeing them at the next light. Give them a little smile and wave.

Always best to find happiness in the NOW and make choices that will benefit the future.  Love and accept yourself with flaws and all!

Edited by Laci French

Could another description of 'chasing another version of yourself' be 'pretending to be someone you are not'?

We all know what we want. We often forget to ask ourselves; "what do I need?". I found that defining my needs and pursuing those, makes me happiest. I still have "wants" and when I obtain one of those, it's a bonus. 

On 10/31/2017 at 3:54 AM, Tali said:

When I am a certain weight, make a certain amount of money, am with a certain person, then I will be happy." Have you ever had the thought of not being good enough in the present moment or attaching your happiness to an experience in the future? Who, what and where you are in life is exactly who, what and where you are supposed to be. The fastest way to experience another version of yourself is to accept the one that is in this present moment.

It's too hard to be fake. Being real, simple and honest with myself at all times is a must. If I don't take care of me and just be me, I'm not happy.  

I'm chasing the new me that is right here.  I found this meditation by Dr. Joe Dispenza on You Tube.  Create a new self in the unknown.  I'm overcoming sexual child abuse.   -----I am winning!

Beware of the Destination Addiction:

The idea that happiness is . . .  in the next place, the next Job or with the next partner.  Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else Happiness will never be where you are. 

Happiness comes from within

Deep thoughts by Mike 

5 hours ago, Naughty Mike said:

Beware of the Destination Addiction:

The idea that happiness is . . .  in the next place, the next Job or with the next partner.  Until you give up the idea that happiness is somewhere else Happiness will never be where you are. 

Happiness comes from within

Deep thoughts by Mike 

Happiness is also good tequila and good company.. just sayin 😉😘

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:54 AM, Tali said:

When I am a certain weight, make a certain amount of money, am with a certain person, then I will be happy." Have you ever had the thought of not being good enough in the present moment or attaching your happiness to an experience in the future? Who, what and where you are in life is exactly who, what and where you are supposed to be. The fastest way to experience another version of yourself is to accept the one that is in this present moment.

I agree totally, and love the direction of the thread, thanks Tali.  I think "happiness" is just a word, and means nothing.  What state of being does it describe:  Was Nelson Mandella "happy" in prison?  Is the guy who just dropped $100,000 on a car "happy"?  Is a mother who just found out that her child's disease is cured "happy"?  Maybe so in all three cases, but the actual emotions are so different that the word is meaningless.  I think of "happiness" as a rainbow on a summer afternoon:  if you chase it, it will simply recede in the distance (I have tried).  But if you simply revel in the beauty of the moment, it will stay, and perhaps get better.  Living a meaningful life, I think, leads to a feeling that some folks call "happy," but I don't think you can really get there until you love yourself.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:23 PM, BadBoy said:

I agree totally, and love the direction of the thread, thanks Tali.  I think "happiness" is just a word, and means nothing.  What state of being does it describe:  Was Nelson Mandella "happy" in prison?  Is the guy who just dropped $100,000 on a car "happy"?  Is a mother who just found out that her child's disease is cured "happy"?  Maybe so in all three cases, but the actual emotions are so different that the word is meaningless.  I think of "happiness" as a rainbow on a summer afternoon:  if you chase it, it will simply recede in the distance (I have tried).  But if you simply revel in the beauty of the moment, it will stay, and perhaps get better.  Living a meaningful life, I think, leads to a feeling that some folks call "happy," but I don't think you can really get there until you love yourself.

Happy is a very vague word. Possibly over used? How about the word "Joy" something that is felt deeper and is more sustaining? 

Fishin' Dude: There is nothing you can do about getting older (in fact, it is a good thing - look at the alternative).  You can fully control whether you get old.

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

I'm done chasing...Courtesy of Candio via emaill

EG77KIB.jpg?1

An excellent list, however I CAN still screw and many of the other things on list and a totally lost sense of inhibition against "forbidden" things is actually making screwing and this stage of life pretty kick ass!!  A little more time and money would help, but ............