Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adriana Caliste

What's your favorite horror flick?

49 posts in this topic

The 1st Saw is my ATF followed by The Exorcist.

Edited by Adriana Caliste
added content

The Grudge, or most Japanese horror films scare the bejeesus out of me...that is why they are my favorite. Most of the American ones are consistent and cheesy...they are more comedies for me. Even the sex scenes have me rolling my eyes. I will say that for the last few years, I haven't been able to watch any  horror that have children in them having stuff happen to them. There is already enough bad stuff out there towards them that makes me have nightmares so nope to those. Guess I have turned into a baby as I am getting older.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I can't stand horror flicks - hate them.  Give me a good comedy, drama, rom-com or even chick-flick any time.  I'd rather watch "Bridesmaids" 10 times than any slasher movie any day (but frankly prefer vintage classics, such as "Jules and Jim" or "The Last Metro."  My favorite movie of all time was "Avatar."

Not that you care :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Adriana Caliste said:

The 1st Saw is my ATF followed by The Exorcist.

I saw "The Exorcist" during my last year of high school. It scared me enough, that I actually went home, and prayed (12 years of Catholic school for preparation)! 

Still a fav!

Wizard Of Oz... scares the crap Out of me everytime ;)

Flying monkeys,  Can't get home and stuck in a land with No Purina!! Poor Toto

Edited by Chrissy

3 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Not a fan of the modern slasher flicks. Give me something by Karloff, Cushing, Price, or Lee. 

Oops! Add Lon Chaney, both Sr. & Jr., to that list.

The first nightmare on Elm street, poltergeist! But I’m a fan of the Annabel movies and well the new IT was awesome! Anytime they base a movie on “real” events count me in! I research the hell out of that! Which brings me to the conjuring. Awesome, and hokey, but if you read the real life events in Andrea Perrons House of Darkness, House of Light then you would come to understand the true meaning of horror. The director said the things that really happened were way to scary and having had read the 1,500 page trilogy, I totally agree. 

I absolutely cannot watch the exorcist. Nope, nope, nope! The TV series is awesome though! 

Normally I have lists of films that I love but currently I have just one obsession. The Love Witch, written and directed by Ms. Anna Biller. An homage to 60s Technicolor horror flicks. A love sick witch who just can't meet the right man. It turns tropes on their heads, turns the male gaze into the female gaze. It's femtastic. 

It's not really a horror flick, but I remember seeing the 1953 version of the War of the World's and I was scared to death and couldn't sleep for several nights without nightmares...I must have been 3 or 4 at the time.

The old ones without all the  blood and gore like The ones by Alfred Hitchcock are best

13 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

The first nightmare on Elm street, poltergeist! But I’m a fan of the Annabel movies and well the new IT was awesome! Anytime they base a movie on “real” events count me in! I research the hell out of that! Which brings me to the conjuring. Awesome, and hokey, but if you read the real life events in Andrea Perrons House of Darkness, House of Light then you would come to understand the true meaning of horror. The director said the things that really happened were way to scary and having had read the 1,500 page trilogy, I totally agree. 

I absolutely cannot watch the exorcist. Nope, nope, nope! The TV series is awesome though! 

1st Freddy Krueger is awesome & the new It as well. Couldn't really get into The Conjurings & subsequent Annabelle's.

16 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Wizard Of Oz... scares the crap Out of me everytime ;)

Flying monkeys,  Can't get home and stuck in a land with No Purina!! Poor Toto

Too funny! I do believe in spooks I do believe in spooks I do I do I do I do I do

The Birds, Exorcist, Nightmare in Elm Street.  

I want to go see The Snowman.

19 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

The Grudge, or most Japanese horror films scare the bejeesus out of me...that is why they are my favorite. Most of the American ones are consistent and cheesy...they are more comedies for me. Even the sex scenes have me rolling my eyes. I will say that for the last few years, I haven't been able to watch any  horror that have children in them having stuff happen to them. There is already enough bad stuff out there towards them that makes me have nightmares so nope to those. Guess I have turned into a baby as I am getting older.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

The Japanese films are really creativite & unique. Mostly psychological thrillers.

23 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

The Unnameable (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096344/) while not super scary or anything, is a fun HP Lovecraft flick that's not well known...

More his stories if you want to get down on it! H.P. Lovecraft is one of the masters of fear. Great fear with books I agree! 

I cant believe I forgot about this one and nobody else has mentioned it....

Night of the Living Dead

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Gotta go with "The Evil Dead"

have you watched Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz? Old, fat Ash is really funny. 

8 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

have you watched Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz? Old, fat Ash is really funny. 

I just started watching that... I like it!

8 hours ago, Admiral C said:

Gotta go with "The Evil Dead"

Right series.  Wrong movie.

"Allright, you primitive screwheads!  Listen up! You see this?!?   This is my BOOMSTICK!!!!"

Army of Darkness gets my vote.  Best 'B' movie ever made.

"Gimme some sugar, baby......."