Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SultryKitten

Need Some FB Advice!!!

10 posts in this topic

I am not sure what happened, but about 3 days ago I suddenly started getting hit hard with facebook friend requests from various people mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere. I had maybe like 19 people, and now it is over 520 and going up in droves. I have tried to get rid of the messenger because they are constantly calling all hours of the day and night, and I can't seem to get rid of it so they won't blow up my phone which they ALL want to call me. I know they have no intention of seeing me, and I am making it very clear that this is intended for my business.  (yes, I have deleted quite a few due to their relentless stalking) What the hell happened and what do I do to fix it?!?! I don't really want to get rid of my FB page because I would like to use it for business as it has brought me some work, but this has gotten ridiculous.

Any FB savvy users out there?

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I would start with a Google search of your name and number. One of those scrape sites may have took your info and posted it. If you use your FB in your advertising, it may be listed there.

Just now, Audrey Astor said:

I would start with a Google search of your name and number. One of those scrape sites may have took your info and posted it. If you use your FB in your advertising, it may be listed there.

I didn't think about that. Yeah, those scrapers take from BP. UGH!!!!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yep, I deactivated it. I literally went in and tried to shut most of it down, and it was still crazy. Just done!!! I like twitter much better anyways!

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

On 10/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, Mr Purple said:

Your account was hacked- you needed to change your password

That doesn't make sense. I literally almost never use that account except to chat with a few of my clients, put up pictures, and my own funny commentary. I never looked at other people's accounts, and I didn't click on people's videos. Was it from me accepting friend's requests? I didn't think that could do it.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

That doesn't make sense. I literally almost never use that account except to chat with a few of my clients, put up pictures, and my own funny commentary. I never looked at other people's accounts, and I didn't click on people's videos. Was it from me accepting friend's requests? I didn't think that could do it.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Yes

Thinking about deleting fb. I find it as being more of an invasion!