FuriousWeasel

What's in Your Glass?

29 posts in this topic

It's a Saturday night... what are you drinking?

Me, having a glass of 20 year Tawny Port tonight.  Other nights, Bushmills...

A tiny can of frozen root beer. I live large on Saturday nights. 

The new watermelon Perrier. I am babysitting so no adult drinks for me. 😔

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

5 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

It's a Saturday night... what are you drinking?

Me, having a glass of 20 year Tawny Port tonight.  Other nights, Bushmills...

I love a good port.... Twany 20 year is an outstanding choice!!

Earlier - Dalmore's Cigar Malt in a Glencairn with an Excalibur cigar.

Now - Imperial Jade green tea

A cold glass of water with ice!  We got power back, so I'm feeling it tonight.....

One of my favs- Tullamore Dew.  And earlier this evening while having dinner at Clancys I enjoyed a  Guiness, and then after dinner a traditional Irish coffee , which they make with Jamesons. Their Irish coffee is good, but still I think the Snug, over on E, Colfax makes a better one. :D

1 hour ago, Jez UaBriain said:

One of my favs- Tullamore Dew.  And earlier this evening while having dinner at Clancys I enjoyed a  Guiness, and then after dinner a traditional Irish coffee , which they make with Jamesons. Their Irish coffee is good, but still I think the Snug, over on E, Colfax makes a better one. :D

So you prefer Tullamore and Jamesons over Bushmills?

11 minutes ago, FuriousWeasel said:

If you're talking Bushmill's Black, their single malt, I prefer Red Breast. 

That being said, I'll chose a Scotch over an Irish whisky.  Remember, the word derives from the Gallic( both Scots & Irish) for "water of life" 😄

Water from the fridge filter. After some ice coffee. That's about does me in for a wild Saturday night! Even when I could drink. Just have to really be in the mood. 😀😀

Well, nothing was in my glass, since I didn't have a glass with me, but my old friend Jim Beam, straight out of the 375 flat flask, was my companion on Saturday night.  Let's see, Sunday it was good old Johnny Walker Black, still didn't have a glass though.

My idea of mixing a drink is taking a swig of Coke out of the can while you still have a little bourbon in your mouth. 

Hey, I'm a simple guy.  Besides, there's no place to put a glass down on a motorcycle, whereas a 375 flat flask fits nicely inside your jacket (it's almost like they made the inside pocket just to fit the flask).

Reminds me of a joke:  A gentlemen with a limited budget saved up enough money to buy a nice bottle of single malt scotch, which he put inside his jacket for the motorcycle ride home.  Halfway there,  a moron ran a red light, hit him hard, knocked him off his bike, and he went flying, finally hit a tree and came to rest next to it.  He felt a warm liquid pouring out of his chest and cried out "Please, God, let it be blood!"

a good single malt scotch. At the Denver Center I drink Jameson cause their single malts aren't very good.

I went hard core tonight...Shirley temple!

I dont drink anymore except an occasional glass of wine, but when I did, Warsteiner beer and shots of tequila. Occasionally a midori sour. I did manage to complete the old Chicago beer tour 18 times. That’s 110 beers 18 times. Took 8 years, but the pewter stein is pretty cool. 

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, FuriousWeasel said:

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, Bit Banger said:

If you're talking Bushmill's Black, their single malt, I prefer Red Breast. 

That being said, I'll chose a Scotch over an Irish whisky.  Remember, the word derives from the Gallic( both Scots & Irish) for "water of life" 😄

I'm a total beer guy. My college years at CSU were spent discovering New Belgium, Coopersmiths, Odells, and H.C. Berger beers when they were in their infancy.

I was in Ireland last summer. Went to both the Jameson and the Bushmill distilleries. At heart I'm loyal to the Republic! But being up in No. Ireland and visiting the small quaint town and distillery of Bushmills was the complete cultural and historical experience!  Where as being in Dublin the masses and mobs of people at Jameson, Guinness, and Temple Bar was just so grossly overwhelming. So much so I bailed at Guinness. Another cool experience was to eat and drink at the Crown Bar in Belfast.

Because of my experience, I always have a triple distilled bottle of any given Bushmills. I'm also crazy about their Irish Honey. The crazy thing is compare the Irish Honey to the Jack Daniels Honey. What a world of difference!

Edited by parkercole

7 hours ago, parkercole said:

... I'm also crazy about their Irish Honey. The crazy thing is compare the Irish Honey to the Jack Daniels Honey. What a world of difference!

You can keep your {whatever} Honey; it's swill to me. 😝 Blame it on misspent youth with too many Southern Comfort punch bowls. 😡

Interestingly, I used to be a Drambuie fan. Loved a good Rusty Nail. 

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:46 AM, Bit Banger said:

You can keep your {whatever} Honey; it's swill to me. 😝 Blame it on misspent youth with too many Southern Comfort punch bowls. 😡

Interestingly, I used to be a Drambuie fan. Loved a good Rusty Nail. 

makes sense Bit. I'm far from a spirit connoisseur. but man I can discern a great beer! Bushmills honey has a great story. as they have a specific farm in Cork where they harvest their honey. and this honey is mixed in with a quality whiskey. also it's harmonious for a northern protestant mixing it up with a republican catholic farmer!

this weekend had another experience with a high grade jack daniel's product. so not impressed again! maybe I've learn a wee bit about quality?????

Most Saturday's it's Jack Daniel's Old No 7 over ice with water.

Most weekday's? It's usually green tea.

I hate being middle aged! HA!

Depends what's going on. Sports: IPA or pale ale. Cigar: single malt or American whiskey. Just sitting on the patio on a warm day: marg made with fresh squeezed juices, agave syrup, rocks.

For a while now, have been inching away from the single malts. Have had pretty much anything you can find in liquor stores or restaurants. Been enjoying exploring the US craft distillers out there. One I really like is 2Bar out of Seattle (think I picked that up at Argonaut). Balcones out of Waco does some interesting whiskeys (have only seen and had in TX and Vegas).

Travelling, try to drink local, be it beer, whiskey, or coffee.

Edited by NoCoGeezer

Have you tried Tin Cup. It's a Rye distilled in IN, then shipped to CO where it's blended w/a local single malt and cut w/spring water.  Every bottle comes with its own shot glass. 

Vinager tea

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki