EmilyDMV

Hello

32 posts in this topic

I am new to the board and just wanted to say hi :) I am considering moving to Denver from Seattle so I thought I would check things out :)

Welcome! 

I bet you find that it's a lot like Seattle these days, but more sunny.:)

The traffic here is not as bad as settle traffic

Traffic in Seattle makes me want to pull my hair out! Seriously....

3 hours ago, EmilyDMV said:

Traffic here has the same effect on me!

Picture - surprised man pulled his hair out. Fotosearch - Search Stock Photos, Images, Print Photographs, and Photo Clip Art  

7 hours ago, EmilyDMV said:

Maybe the traffic in Seattle is bad because you work for the Department of Motor Vehicle. :D;)

16 minutes ago, boink36 said:

Maybe the traffic in Seattle is bad because you work for the Department of Motor Vehicle. :D;)

And here I assumed the DMV was "dick my vagina" Acronyms are so hard. ;)

9 hours ago, EmilyDMV said:

I am new to the board and just wanted to say hi :) I am considering moving to Denver from Seattle so I thought I would check things out :)

Welcome to the board.  Hope you enjoy and stay a while.

BTW traffic and many other things are better south of Monument.  What is that?  Selfishly encouraging lady to come south because that's where I am?  Who would do such a thing???

11 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

Welcome to the board.  Hope you enjoy and stay a while.

BTW traffic and many other things are better south of Monument.  What is that?  Selfishly encouraging lady to come south because that's where I am?  Who would do such a thing???

Agreed.  Traffic is a dream in the Springs compared to the mess that's Denver.  Every time I have to drive through it reminds me of I-95 in the mid-Atlantic.

Unbiased advice:  Look into Cherry Creek area - convenient to just about everybody, parking's not so bad and the restaurants and shopping are pretty good.

Stay off I-25 - that STUPID ass road is the worst.  No one can tell me there is a city that has traffic and terrible as a Friday Arapahoe to 120th. Rush hour used to start at 2:30 now its all freaking day on Friday.  Speaking of which . . . Why are Fridays so awesome if you like sitting in your car going 10 MPH watching dudes switch lanes after passing every car . . .  ugh 

Mike, obviously you haven't driven in ANY major city lately. Denver pales in comparison to Chicago or LA. In DC the traffic is as bad as I-25, but 60mi out of town. 

The DMV stand for DC, Maryland, Virginia. I worked there briefly. Thanks for all of the awesome advice! I look forward to landing :)

On 10/21/2017 at 5:50 PM, Naughty Mike said:

Stay off I-25 - that STUPID ass road is the worst.  No one can tell me there is a city that has traffic and terrible as a Friday Arapaho to 120th. 

Obviously you have not driven in Los Angeles .

no wonder why there are more shootings in LA - hahahah - consider my self lucky then.  How does anyone get any work done there if y'all spend so much time in traffic. 

Dang!  You are hot!!
Yes, Denver is awesome - way better than Seattle imo.  Especially the weather. :)

Welcome!

On 10/26/2017 at 2:41 PM, Phil-anderer said:

Dang!  You are hot!!
Yes, Denver is awesome - way better than Seattle imo.  Especially the weather. :)

Welcome!

Aw thanks! The rain is about to start! Haha I need to get away!

Well, then, welcome gorgeous!  Did you really end up in Colorado Springs?  Well, see you when you tour upstate to the real city. B)

9 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Well, see you when you tour upstate to the real city. B)

Sterling?  Deer Trail?  Oh, wait ....... Greeley!! :)

11 hours ago, EmilyDMV said:

I made it!

Enjoy and prosper in the better half of state!!

Welcome and have fun!  Great men in Colorado.

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

Well, then, welcome gorgeous!  Did you really end up in Colorado Springs?  Well, see you when you tour upstate to the real city. B)

No I'm in Denver. I just fixed it. Darn it I'm blind!

Edited by EmilyDMV

Welcome to our little slice of heaven in the cloud....But seriously, this is a great place where you can find like minded people to communicate with and find out just about anything you might want to know....Its a great place to come at the end of the day when you want to just chill and not have to deal with life....It is also a great place where you can vent or speak your mind on just about any topic under the rainbow...And if you are lucky, It could be where you actually met some new friends to spend some time with...We look forward to your contributions and input to help make our little world here an even better place....

Have a wonderful day 

On 11/4/2017 at 7:53 PM, Barbi said:

Welcome to our little slice of heaven in the cloud....But seriously, this is a great place where you can find like minded people to communicate with and find out just about anything you might want to know....Its a great place to come at the end of the day when you want to just chill and not have to deal with life....It is also a great place where you can vent or speak your mind on just about any topic under the rainbow...And if you are lucky, It could be where you actually met some new friends to spend some time with...We look forward to your contributions and input to help make our little world here an even better place....

Have a wonderful day 

Thanks so much for the very thoughtful and well written welcome :)