RyanLikesIt

Colorado Winters..

11 posts in this topic

Just so I can prepare myself..

How cold does it get here during the winter months...are we taking below zero..? often?

Oh yeah, baby, like -20, sometimes -30.  Don't worry though, the next day it is likely to be +60.  Plus, it is sunny and dry, so it seems warmer.  Go get yourself a nice down parka and a nice pair of gloves and you will be fine.

Source:  Intellicast.

Denver

Date Average
Low
Average
High
Record
Low
Record
High
Average
Precipitation
Average
Snow
January 16° 47° -21° (1984) 78° (1982) 0.63" NA
February 19° 50° -23° (1989) 77° (1982) 0.64" NA
March 25° 56° -8° (2002) 84° (1986) 1.83" NA
April 32° 62° 4° (1997) 92° (1992) 2.25" NA
May 41° 72° 21° (1989) 97° (2003) 2.6" NA
June 49° 83° 33° (1998) 103° (1990) 2.05" NA
July 55° 88° 40° (1987) 103° (1990) 1.78" NA
August 52° 86° 37° (1992) 102° (2002) 1.87" NA
September 44° 79° 14° (1985) 100° (1990) 1.16" NA
October 33° 68° 2° (1993) 94° (1991) 1.32" NA
November 23° 54° -5° (1993) 84° (1990) 1.18" NA
December 17° 48° -24° (1990) 75° (1998) 0.86" NA
Edited by Yorick

As a general rule of thumb, out cold snaps (24 hrs below freezing) do not last more than 3 days. But there are exceptions.

I remember back in the 80's where it stayed below freezing for a month. One time my so and I came out of church on Sunday morning and the thermometer on the bank in Evergreen read -30. At least we don't get the winter long gray skies and snow on the roads/ground.

Edited by Johnboy#1
add

If you want to really feel like a Coloradan, you wear shorts most days with a sweater(or parka), and top it off with sandals. In Boulder, trade the sandals for Birkenstocks. 😂

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I think we had one of those cold snaps a couple years ago, where it was 0 degrees F for like a month.  That being said, I would be out on the front porch chatting with neighbors, with nothing more than a fleece jacket.  As long as the humidity is crazy low and there's no wind, it doesn't feel as cold as it shows on the dial.

2 hours ago, RyanLikesIt said:

How cold does it get here during the winter months...are we taking below zero..? often?

Ok Ryan... hope you never leave Denver because it's cold. You have to stick around. Buy some  thermal socks,  warm panties and bra and get some really HOT clients. You might have to ditch the lingerie for awhile.😋

Edited by Skg

11 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

If you want to really feel like a Coloradan, you wear shorts most days with a sweater(or parka), and top it off with sandals. In Boulder, trade the sandals for Birkenstocks. 😂

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

That kind of reminds me how an Oregon I look around downtown Portland and it'll be raining 90% of the day and not one person is wearing a lick of rain gear in fact you can tell somebody's from out of town because they have an umbrella or raincoat

It all bad-assery - just a slightly different form

12 hours ago, RyanLikesIt said:

It's going to get cold enough it will look like you're braless even when you're not. :D

One thing Denver does not have that many of the more humid states. Is that horrible wind chill! Many people in Denver tough it out with a thick sweatshirt hoodie I notice. Today I was thinking about possibly buying a new winter coat. Still on the fence with that. I have one but it is not a very thick coat. Maybe next week I will get one? I am also  thinking nice dress shoes too. Have to be in the mood and motivated to shop. 😂😂

Look out for your fellows everyone. Cold weather has a bad habit of bringing seasonal depression to many. Make sure to reach out and send warm thoughts to your  hot crushes 🔥