seneca12

Review ettiqutte question...

11 posts in this topic

Should a reviewer tell a provider that you intend to review them when you make an appointment with her?

I've seen providers for some time, but only got into reviewing them recently. I began this with the whole "secret shopper" mentality that I want to portray the experience of an average customer to a provider's services. It gives the consumer better information of what they can expect, and the provider legitimacy that they provide the services they advertise.

I've done four reviews. One was review was solicited from me, two I did without the provider's knowledge, and one I did and the provider knew I was likely to review them. One of the girls that I did a review on without knowing I was going to review them sent me an angry message that I should have informed them I was a reviewer (and my review of them, to my mind, was not negative).

So I'll ask the ladies...would you prefer a reviewer announce that they are reviewing the session?

When I was reviewing (see previous threads for an explanation) I would ask at the end of the session if the YL would mind a review. This question would initiate a discussion of IF and WHERE.  If she requested no review, I would honor that request unless she was a rip-off or danger. 

Personally, I do my work as if I'm going to be reviewed. I believe most people do. 

I don't see any reason to inform in advance. IMHO, reviews are intended for consumers.

4 hours ago, seneca12 said:

Should a reviewer tell a provider that you intend to review them when you make an appointment with her?

I've seen providers for some time, but only got into reviewing them recently. I began this with the whole "secret shopper" mentality that I want to portray the experience of an average customer to a provider's services. It gives the consumer better information of what they can expect, and the provider legitimacy that they provide the services they advertise.

I've done four reviews. One was review was solicited from me, two I did without the provider's knowledge, and one I did and the provider knew I was likely to review them. One of the girls that I did a review on without knowing I was going to review them sent me an angry message that I should have informed them I was a reviewer (and my review of them, to my mind, was not negative).

So I'll ask the ladies...would you prefer a reviewer announce that they are reviewing the session?

If she accepts reviews I see why not. Why mention if she doesn't. If you booked through the board, she can see you are a potential reviewer any actions on her after is on her. 

5 hours ago, seneca12 said:

If you tell her that when you book, understand that many providers will view that as you trying to manipulate her into ramping up her service. Which is exactly what some guys do.

I'll always ask the lady at the end of the session if she'd care for a review, and whether she'd like it juicy or discreet. Discreet has been the majority preference. Barring provider red flags that *should* be noted in a review (which I've never had to do, actually), I won't review of the lady wishes me not to. (There was one provider I saw who asked for a review and then changed her mind after it posed. Since my experience with her had been fine, and my review reflected that, I accommodated her. She had her reasons which weren't my business.)

I don't care if my clients tell me they are reviewing or not. I want my reviews to be honest, and I treat each of my appointments like I am going to get reviewed. If a lady is getting offended over a review(even a good one)then she is taking this important part of the business too personal. This is part of the deal when we decide to do this. My opinion is if you are going to tell a guy what to do about reviews, maybe you should request not to have any at all. Nothing more heartbreaking than a guy not getting his hard earned money because some ladies' reviews aren't accurate.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

All I ask, if you say you are going to leave a review, please do so. Keeping your word is very important to us.

11 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

When I was reviewing (see previous threads for an explanation) I would ask at the end of the session if the YL would mind a review. This question would initiate a discussion of IF and WHERE.  If she requested no review, I would honor that request unless she was a rip-off or danger. 

X2

17 hours ago, Admiral C said:

If you tell her that when you book, understand that many providers will view that as you trying to manipulate her into ramping up her service. Which is exactly what some guys do.

This is exactly what I was afraid of if I announced I was reviewing. I'm not out there looking for special treatment because I review. I may use my presence on the board to allow a provider to verify me (and the fact that I review will come out in that situation) but hopefully it doesn't add any additional pressure.

Anyway, thank all you ladies and gents for your input here. Gives me some ideas of the things I should consider.

There are a number of ladies who are activally looking for reviews and offer reviewer specials, and I'm sure there are plenty of others who want to see reviews to get more reviews. I would think in most situations the YL would want to know if she is talking to a potential reviewer.