Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chrissy

Tom Petty. We will miss you!

18 posts in this topic

I can't believe they're going to take him off life support!! another good man gone :(  

Oh no!!! All of the real music from our time is going. :-(  What a bummer. 

WHAT?!?! Dayum, another great one! :(

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Respectfully, Rest in Peace Tom Petty.

Tom Petty.  Stevie Nicks.

Best. Song. Ever.

59 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

I can't believe they're going to take him off life support!! another good man gone :(  

Found unconscious and not breathing at home after a massive heart attack. My question is why did they put him on life support in the first place?

RIP, Tom. Find a place in the choir and enjoy your golden harp. You've earned it. 

9 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Found unconscious and not breathing at home after a massive heart attack. My question is why did they put him on life support in the first place?

RIP, Tom. Find a place in the choir and enjoy your golden harp. You've earned it. 

Laws may vary by state but in these parts if paramedics/ambulance called they are obligated to take all means to resusitate. If already in hospital and patient takes a bad turn a do not resusitate and take no extraordinary measures document will prevent.  Or signature of next of kin or medical power of attorney.  But not at home if medics called.

Sad day for music. He was an excellent song writer.

They said Tom Petty was brain dead following his heart attack. thats why he went off life support Agree that he was one of the greats of his generation.Loved his music. RIP .

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

Laws may vary by state but in these parts if paramedics/ambulance called they are obligated to take all means to resusitate. If already in hospital and patient takes a bad turn a do not resusitate and take no extraordinary measures document will prevent.  Or signature of next of kin or medical power of attorney.  But not at home if medics called.

Sad day for music. He was an excellent song writer.

In CO you can have "file of life" posted on your door & paramedics will check the your refrigerator for further instructions. A DNR order should be honored! It's a hard enough decision to make in the first place. Why should someone be forced to go through the additional anguish & expense?

Report of his death have been retracted. It's a sad and confusing clusterfuck. He's definitely ill but the details are unclear and none seem to have come from a verified source. Whatever his truth is I hope he just finds comfort soon in whatever form that may be. 

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Report of his death have been retracted. It's a sad and confusing clusterfuck. He's definitely ill but the details are unclear and none seem to have come from a verified source. Whatever his truth is I hope he just finds comfort soon in whatever form that may be. 

TMZ just reported he is still clinging to life... I wonder how long he was out before he was found? 

He was wayyy too young to go!!! My favorite is the song that was posted here "Stop Dragging My Heart" Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks vocals together where fabulous mesh. 😍😍

Edited by Kali Sensual Reiki

RIP very sad day for music.  I still remember growing up and watching a young Johnny Depp in his music videos.

The beautiful thing about these iconic musicians is that when they die, they’re music continues to live on. Tom Petty was another masterful musician who left us all a gift that we can all cherish. 

Free fall I was one of my favorites! 

Dam- He was on my list of people to see- He was a big part of my childhood. Glad I got tickets to see Robert Plant in Denver !

I saw ACDC in Denver- then days later as a band they were done- Whew

TP - You will be missed