Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SabrinaLynn aka KatieCreme

Bp Wanting Links to a Social Media Account

36 posts in this topic

Yes, you're missing something. If you're too lazy to search the board for the previous thread(s) this week on the topic, I'll be lazy and not post links for you. 

Edited by Bit Banger

Aw, comeon Bit, don't be mean to Jeff - he is so cute, just look at his cherubic little face in his Avatar.  Jeff - the aforementioned prior thread explained that BP makes the ladies attach a social media link, and some of the ladies don't want to do so, so they just make up a fake one to comply with BP's requirement.  Nothing fishy going on there.

2 hours ago, Gentlejeff1 said:

Or am I just missing something (besides my brain - that's been long gone). 

your prior thread got merged into another thread.  There is a lot going on at BP these days, not sure where it is going.  As Badboy explained the links are a new requirement for posting NEW ads.  Not explained anywhere yet is the vanishing of "date" filter for ads.  I assume there was a much lower ad rate for the ads that used to only appear under that filter.  Since it went away the number of visible ads has dropped dramatically.  

Ladies: did this (elimination of "date" filter/section) close off a lower cost option for posting ads, or am I all wet?  I assume they are trying to increase revenue and decrease liability.

2 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Yes, you're missing something. If you're too lazy to search the board for the previous thread(s) this week on the topic, I'll be lazy and not post links for you. 

Seriously?  Now it is OK to jump down the throat of established member that is one of the "good guys" that posts relevant posts, always respectful, and helps other members, etc.  Time to get laid more,  Bit!

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

... Seriously?  Now it is OK to jump down the throat of established member that is one of the "good guys" that posts relevant posts, always respectful, and helps other members, etc.  Time to get laid more,  Bit!

Yeah I woke up cranky this morning 😡

1 hour ago, gr8owl said:

your prior thread got merged into another thread.  There is a lot going on at BP these days, not sure where it is going.  As Badboy explained the links are a new requirement for posting NEW ads.  Not explained anywhere yet is the vanishing of "date" filter for ads.  I assume there was a much lower ad rate for the ads that used to only appear under that filter.  Since it went away the number of visible ads has dropped dramatically.  

Ladies: did this (elimination of "date" filter/section) close off a lower cost option for posting ads, or am I all wet?  I assume they are trying to increase revenue and decrease liability.

Seriously?  Now it is OK to jump down the throat of established member that is one of the "good guys" that posts relevant posts, always respectful, and helps other members, etc.  Time to get laid more,  Bit!

The date thing confuses me. Why it stuck around as a filter for so long I don't understand. The free ads were the reason, I think, for the date sorting to begin with. When they stopped taking CCs they changed the rhythm of the listings. Ads that were paid for stayed in the listings while the free ads were pushed to an arbitrary point on the list but free ads have been gone for a while. Before that fiasco it was one ad a day at one price and it stayed in the same spot. 

There is no price tier on BP, since they started taking payments again it's a per bump payment. It's five bucks per bump and you can do that hourly or daily. The sponsored ads are a little different, they are paid a week at a time and the placement in the listings depends on current ads posted. 

The one thing that kind of bums me out about the obligatory SM account link is that it makes legit links and accounts, like mine, go unnoticed. When it was just a feature it was great. It was an easier way to direct guys in the right direction so I could stop fielding so many stupid questions. Now I worry that because so many lead to dead ends guys will stop clicking. 

I wonder what sort of uptick in users Twitter has had recently thanks to this since BP is global. 

On 9/26/2017 at 8:48 PM, Lucy Kitten said:

I don't think you'll encounter any dangerous links. I think what you'll see is a bunch of dead ends. With it being obligatory I think we'll see a bunch of made on the spot accounts just so an ad can be posted. 

Any scammer who wanted to scam with social media has had the chance for a long time. I really don't think you'll see an uptick in that. Same for LE forcing it to be requirement means not much when it was always an option. 

That makes sense and explains all these dead end links. Some of the ladies actually have legit Twitter and Instagram accounts with additional info and that can be useful. But others have dead links. One lady had an account named ...thisaintme... LOL

If this takes off then soon the feds will have to try and shut down Facebook, Twitter and Instagram the same way they tried to shut down BP. (Note to Congress: that horse left the barn a long time ago and you are wasting your time - go play a round of whack-a-mole and you will understand).