Freynight

Snapchat as a means of communication

18 posts in this topic

There is one provider in particular I spoke with and it was through Snapchat. Never met up with her as she was a bit too far from me but thought that method was great. Is this gonna be a trend? I easily made an alternate Snapchat (didn't want to use my personal) and communicated with her just fine. Has anyone else used this method or is there a privacy reason for why I shouldn't use this method? If not, why don't more providers/clients utilize it? Thanks for any replies!

3 minutes ago, Freynight said:

There is one provider in particular I spoke with and it was through Snapchat. Never met up with her as she was a bit too far from me but thought that method was great. Is this gonna be a trend? I easily made an alternate Snapchat (didn't want to use my personal) and communicated with her just fine. Has anyone else used this method or is there a privacy reason for why I shouldn't use this method? If not, why don't more providers/clients utilize it? Thanks for any replies!

This was of course after I contacted her with my burner 

I actually see girls on here that use snapchat pictures with the cute little bunny ears, and nose. NOT really for me!  I think it is for the teens, but maybe you are looking for the very young.

1 hour ago, Raine-7379 said:

I actually see girls on here that use snapchat pictures with the cute little bunny ears, and nose. NOT really for me!  I think it is for the teens, but maybe you are looking for the very young.

Actually it brings up a good point.  The target audience of most clients are the 30 year old man or older, even for the 19 and 20 year old providers.  Shouldn't the advertising target the audience correctly, since probably 99.9% of the guys in that age bracket don't care for the snapchat filters?

Snap chat is one of those things I don’t understand. I guess I’m just not hip enough. Either that or I’m embracing my inner Luddite. When the lights go out, some of us will be able to survive without the technology. Writing for example, you know, by hand, is a dying language because people depend on their electronic devices. Look we’re doing it now. 

9 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

Actually it brings up a good point.  The target audience of most clients are the 30 year old man or older, even for the 19 and 20 year old providers.  Shouldn't the advertising target the audience correctly, since probably 99.9% of the guys in that age bracket don't care for the snapchat filters?

Theres nothing to understand with SC, it's just a different messaging option.  The filters are just a fun thing you CAN add or play with but they aren't needed to communicate.  It's essentially text messaging but the message content just isn't saved like a normal text.  Problem is that I'm sure LEO has a way of seeing old messages.

22 hours ago, Freynight said:

If all you are doing is sexting with a provider I understand wanting to use SC.  But all the precautionary steps considered beforehand, if your plan is to meet it doesn't matter if you're using SC or a burner.  The meeting part is where you are at risk, not just sexting with someone. 

This is probably a good way to ferret out the oldies......Ask her for her IG handle. If she :confused:...you know youi're talking to a gal who's pushing 40.

9 hours ago, 2Big said:

Ya, it's a good screening tool for us as well. :rolleyes:

On 9/23/2017 at 6:27 PM, Raine-7379 said:

Not necessarily. I know of maybe 2 people around my age (mid twenties) who don't use Snapchat. I guess it's all relative though.

On 9/23/2017 at 8:13 PM, FuriousWeasel said:

Interesting point. I think as entrepreneurs most providers would probably also want to have some sort of strategy for secondary and tertiary audiences as well. I liked it for communicating about possibly meeting and didn't really see it as a way to have full on conversations with providers.

On 9/23/2017 at 11:10 PM, Melissa Sterling said:

Snap chat is one of those things I don’t understand. I guess I’m just not hip enough. Either that or I’m embracing my inner Luddite. When the lights go out, some of us will be able to survive without the technology. Writing for example, you know, by hand, is a dying language because people depend on their electronic devices. Look we’re doing it now. 

It is sad to see technology remove us from reality in some aspects but I don't really see a huge difference between using Snapchat to communicate and the regular texting app on any phone. I suppose if someone is using Snapchat for the majority of its features then this applies but I was more referring to communication between clients and providers specifically. Sorry I should have been more clear haha

On 9/24/2017 at 5:26 AM, Bravo1 said:

Theres nothing to understand with SC, it's just a different messaging option.  The filters are just a fun thing you CAN add or play with but they aren't needed to communicate.  It's essentially text messaging but the message content just isn't saved like a normal text.  Problem is that I'm sure LEO has a way of seeing old messages.

Yeah the text portion can be "saved" (really just made to not disappear) but you can see if someone is doing that. The nice part is I didn't have to have a phone number or anything that identifies me specifically. The provider I spoke to that used it did so for verification/advertisement and in that respect it worked great! 

On 9/24/2017 at 5:27 AM, Bravo1 said:

If all you are doing is sexting with a provider I understand wanting to use SC.  But all the precautionary steps considered beforehand, if your plan is to meet it doesn't matter if you're using SC or a burner.  The meeting part is where you are at risk, not just sexting with someone. 

Yeah I totally see that. I guess I just preferred this over regular text and wanted to see the community's view/if anyone knew of any reason not to use it. Thanks!

On 9/24/2017 at 6:25 AM, 2Big said:

This is probably a good way to ferret out the oldies......Ask her for her IG handle. If she :confused:...you know youi're talking to a gal who's pushing 40.

Oh interesting I never considered asking for that

Thanks for the tip!

22 hours ago, Audrey Astor said:

Ya, it's a good screening tool for us as well. :rolleyes:

Yeah for this process it was amazing. I'm a newbie and don't have any references yet so it was nice to have a different option for verification that I'm familiar with. Thanks for your comment! Edit: I see you were possibly referring to insta and not SC. Same benefit applies in my mind haha, Thanks!

Edited by Freynight
Read another poster's comment incorrectly.

On 9/25/2017 at 7:59 AM, Freynight said:

Yeah I totally see that. I guess I just preferred this over regular text and wanted to see the community's view/if anyone knew of any reason not to use it. Thanks!

Another popular anonymous messaging option is KIK, free app and very easy to use and you can set it up anonymous as well. 

On 9/26/2017 at 8:22 PM, Bravo1 said:

Another popular anonymous messaging option is KIK, free app and very easy to use and you can set it up anonymous as well. 

Always open to new methods haha. Thanks!