Real pictures vs altered pictures

34 posts in this topic

General question.... but how many guys out there actually look at some ads where the pictures are air brushed all up and then think that that is the woman they will be meeting?  I prefer to meet a woman with UN-altered pictures because I am then not upset by her appearance when we meet.  My preference is all natural, nothing fake. 

Reviews should tell you if the lady in the photos is the lady you will meet.  Do your research, and good luck.

12 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Reviews should tell you if the lady in the photos is the lady you will meet.  Do your research, and good luck.

I think the question is being looked at wrong.  When I meet a new "friend" I don't expect to meet her as an air brushed copy of her true self.  I would prefer to see the real person in the photos with no air brush work done.

I'm not sure you can always tell between real and altered pictures.  I've certainly see ladies who like much better in person then I their photos.  

7 hours ago, finchssc said:

General question.... but how many guys out there actually look at some ads where the pictures are air brushed all up and then think that that is the woman they will be meeting?  I prefer to meet a woman with UN-altered pictures because I am then not upset by her appearance when we meet.  My preference is all natural, nothing fake. 

Ahh...yet another in the endless parade of threads regarding photos. My two cents...the ladies should embrace who they are and not use stolen pictures,airbrushed photos and stick with the unaltered ones.If they want to blur their face for privacy reasons,fine...as long as the rest is real. Everybody likes something different.  (starting to sound like a cliche )

6 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Ahh...yet another in the endless parade of threads regarding photos. My two cents...the ladies should embrace who they are and not use stolen pictures,airbrushed photos and stick with the unaltered ones.If they want to blur their face for privacy reasons,fine...as long as the rest is real. Everybody likes something different.  (starting to sound like a cliche )

I agree here we go again!😞😞

15 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I agree here we go again!😞😞

Well,it IS the most oft discussed topic on TOB ! Sadly,so many ladies do not listen. Saw the original photo of a TOB girl BEFORE she gave it to someone to retouch.Now it doesn't look anything like her in her ad.  Said it before...embrace yourself ladies. 

It's ok to use altered photos and no lady has qualms about it. Mention that they need to loose some weight and they loose their mind! 

I know this topic has been beat into the ground but I just want to say one more thing about it and then I’m done. 

I would think that for the ladies to be really really successful in this biz then she needs to rely on a certain amount of repeat clients. I could be wrong, maybe some are living perfectly elite on one and done guys. I also would think that the fastest way to gain those awesome repeat clients is to not be deceitful. 

Correct me if I’m wrong ladies.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:08 AM, finchssc said:

One of the reasons I do not pay for expensive pro pics. I have a nice camera and friends who get the job done. And i do not edit my photos. What you see is what you get lol

On 9/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, finchssc said:

My question to you (and the other gents who say the same) is...Where do you draw the line?

No makeup? No perfume, or lotion? Dyed hair? Legs and pits shaved? How do you define "all natural". :confused:

I can understand wanting non-photoshopped pics, but I've never met a girl, whose pics were so altered, I was upset about it. 

21 minutes ago, pfunk said:

My question to you (and the other gents who say the same) is...Where do you draw the line? No makeup? No perfume, or lotion? Dyed hair? Legs and pits shaved? How do you define "all natural". :confused: I can understand wanting non-photoshopped pics, but I've never met a girl, whose pics were so altered, I was upset about it.

Lip-Filler-Most-Beautiful-Woman-In-the-W

4-5.jpg

power-of-makeup-a-03.jpg

Katy-Perry.jpg

On 9/21/2017 at 9:57 AM, finchssc said:

I think the question is being looked at wrong.  When I meet a new "friend" I don't expect to meet her as an air brushed copy of her true self.  I would prefer to see the real person in the photos with no air brush work done.

Right, hence the question are pictures accurate. If a gentleman sees a lady with pictures altered via airbrush to not look like the real her, I would assume he would answer no to that question on the review. 

Is the issue that the skin color is evened out or face blurred, or 30lbs were airbrushed out? I guess I'm not comprehending the question correctly.

4 hours ago, H2Opieluver said:

I know this topic has been beat into the ground but I just want to say one more thing about it and then I’m done. 

I would think that for the ladies to be really really successful in this biz then she needs to rely on a certain amount of repeat clients. I could be wrong, maybe some are living perfectly elite on one and done guys. I also would think that the fastest way to gain those awesome repeat clients is to not be deceitful. 

Correct me if I’m wrong ladies.

This is true. Repeat clients are great since we don't  need to screen again, and the intimacy, fun and trust build.

Edited by Audrey Astor

Thinking that the majority of my clients are repeat clients "regulars".

Also, being a lady who has been in and out of th biz. I learned long ago to be sure and use my own pictures and keep them very honest with doing so not mincing my words either. I have no blurs on my face,No tats, or real distinguishing marks I am hiding. Many of my reviews talk about my body type, weight,  and the fact that I am no longer in my 20's, 30's, or 40's. Blah blah blah...

Now honestly I think it might be a smart idea to hide your tattoos if you are concerned? I really do get that! However, up until last week...I have never had someone fallow me around and whisper words to me saying my provider name and that this man has been following me on the internet and spotted me at Safeway shopping.  I am fine and no I still believe that this was just an crazy indecent that chances are will never again happen in my provider life.

My pictures are really what I look like I guess? Ya! I think so. After all Mr. Safeway shopper spotted me😂😂😂😂  

I'm weird by most guys standards in this world of ours. I would prefer to see megan fox and katy perry without there make up! damn those ladies are just so naturally beautiful without all that! and all the hot 9 news anchor ladies. scrape off all that god damn make up please!!!!

ok ok, back on topic. the thing that bums me out most. is the creative angles being used! I LOVE CURVY WOMEN!!!!! it's sad when ladies who are voluptuous hide their curves! I do understand the market and how, I think, most guys want skinnier women. but for guys like me. if you hide your beautiful curves. i'll probably over look a date with you. I just hope curvy women know there are plenty of guys like me that desire them!

and ladies stealing photos. well those are every other posts you will find on backpage:angry:!  it was awesome I seen one recently. this lady was stealing a ladies watermarked pic. as she was using a completely different name and phone number. and it was obvious they were two different women!? guess there is always an oblivious sucker out there.............

Edited by parkercole

Okay gents, when you have to post your pictures to get work then you may judge the pictures we use.  Maybe, you should all have to post your real life selfs, and let the ladies rate you and leave reviews of your proformance. There is no way to Photoshop off 40 pounds, unless you are a expert, not happening.  

7 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Okay gents, when you have to post your pictures to get work then you may judge the pictures we use.  ... 

Oh, we do. It's a photo ID on file with HR. Probation review at 6 months, then performance reviews annually. When my wife got sick I cut my hours in half, down to 25/wk, for a mere $40/hr (not $200+/hr).  But then I was paid to use my mind, not for my looks. If I got caught using someone else's resume, I would be quickly fired & given a bad reference when I tried to apply elsewhere.

(Actually my last job was only $6/hr, for  mostly physical labor.)

8 hours ago, Raine-7379 said:

Okay gents, when you have to post your pictures to get work then you may judge the pictures we use.  Maybe, you should all have to post your real life selfs, and let the ladies rate you and leave reviews of your performance. There is no way to Photoshop off 40 pounds, unless you are a expert, not happening.  

Actually I do use pictures of myself to get acting work.  Usually a composite of different looks,with beard,clean shaven etc.  I do not work in photoshop,but have a friend that does that has the talent to take off 40 lbs. Did you see the movie "Captain America : the First Avenger "  ?? Look at the very expensive techniques used to make Chris Evans look like a scrawny Steve Rogers. As for the TOB  ladies leaving reviews of the mens performance,Boink is still waiting.

12 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

Now honestly I think it might be a smart idea to hide your tattoos if you are concerned? I really do get that! 

Well,  I'm going to make a bit of a thread hijack and still stay on subject. There are guys that love tats and guys that don't. By not being honest about ink in ones photos ,you could attract a guy not into tats and have guys that are into them..pass on you.  Again..embrace yourself.

If you are paranoid that the tattoos can identify you easily...then don't get them .

13 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Lip-Filler-Most-Beautiful-Woman-In-the-W

4-5.jpg

power-of-makeup-a-03.jpg

Katy-Perry.jpg

Hmm, how can it be told that I can guarantee that the Katy Perry pictures are a couple years apart.Notice the difference in weight.One was taken during her Christian singing career,the other after she kissed a girl and liked it. As for the others, yes a big difference with ladies without and with makeup.BUT..if a lady greets a gent wearing the same makeup look as  the photos in her ads,its not being deceitful. 

14 hours ago, parkercole said:

I'm weird by most guys standards in this world of ours. I would prefer to see megan fox and katy perry without there make up! damn those ladies are just so naturally beautiful without all that! and all the hot 9 news anchor ladies. scrape off all that god damn make up please!!!!

ok ok, back on topic. the thing that bums me out most. is the creative angles being used! I LOVE CURVY WOMEN!!!!! it's sad when ladies who are voluptuous hide their curves! I do understand the market and how, I think, most guys want skinnier women. but for guys like me. if you hide your beautiful curves. i'll probably over look a date with you. I just hope curvy women know there are plenty of guys like me that desire them!

and ladies stealing photos. well those are every other posts you will find on backpage:angry:!  it was awesome I seen one recently. this lady was stealing a ladies watermarked pic. as she was using a completely different name and phone number. and it was obvious they were two different women!? guess there is always an oblivious sucker out there.............

I agree with you in that a lot of women are much prettier without all of the heavy makeup- It took me awhile to learn that. It is much more comfortable as well. 

1 hour ago, Audrey Astor said:

I agree with you in that a lot of women are much prettier without all of the heavy makeup- It took me awhile to learn that. It is much more comfortable as well. 

The with and without make up shots of stars slay me.  Yes, most ladies featured will look much different and usually better with make up applied by a Hollywood professional make up artist and when shot with ideal lighting.  That is what the artists are PAID for - making people look better to the camera. As to MOST normal ladies applying their own, my preference and my preference only is minimal to no make up, a bit more if going out on the town for an evening date.  I hate looking at a lady and wondering how much of the stuff on her face is going to end up all over me and my clothes in the next hour. B)  As to ads - what kind of advertising does NOT try to put best foot forward? (not counting half the BP ads lol).  Oh, and as to the above ones - gimme the left shot on all except number four, in which case neither. :cool:

A veteran hobbyist once told me to apply "hooker math" to any photos -- 10 years extra and 20-30 pounds extra. Yes, I understand that many women don't do this. The math has applied to five of the six total ladies I have seen. I have had an excellent time with ALL of them, so no complaints. I suspect that the ladies could apply a similar equation to the guys -- he is shorter (schvonstooka and height), less handsome, and heavier than she probably expected -- and on we go.  I think it's like any advertising -- things get exaggerated and buyer beware.  

On 9/22/2017 at 1:44 PM, inadifferentvoice said:

It's ok to use altered photos and no lady has qualms about it. Mention that they need to loose some weight and they loose their mind! 

I actually never lost my mind when you made it clear that I need to lose weight vs my old pictures.  I don't think Iv ever seen you as a client, unless you lied about who you are, or you lied and said you don't have hobby name. Iv lost 15lbs in the last 30days. Something I was doing before you put me on blast. I actually agreed with you. Now how about that! :P 

Edited by Nikki Holiday

Personally, I just want the real deal. Just be honest who you are that way, you can trick that my money is well spent! :P

10 hours ago, inadifferentvoice said:

Nikki, I think I'm going to fall in love with you. No, we have never met. 

After reading this .... I'm so lost.... 😂 🌺 

Snuggles  🤗 

On 9/23/2017 at 9:00 AM, JRWolfe said:

If you are paranoid that the tattoos can identify you easily...then don't get them .

Yes JRWolfe- that is all I was making reference too. I think if you are in fear of being identified by any distigushing marks on your body? Yes, possibly covering them up is a good idea. Same with surroundings. If you feel that anything might be used against you? Better safe than sorry in life.