Phil-anderer

a thanks

18 posts in this topic

My father passed over Labor day weekend, and I wanted to thank a few folks on here who sent some kind notes.  It is appreciated!

So sorry to hear this.  it is difficult when a parent passes on. Please accept my condolences.

Sorry to hear that.  I was 28 when my dad passed away.  I grieve with you.

3 hours ago, Phil-anderer said:

My father passed over Labor day weekend, and I wanted to thank a few folks on here who sent some kind notes.  It is appreciated!

I'm sorry for your loss....a loss of a loved one is hard.... have comfort in knowing they're in a better place... if you believe in that 💞

I am so so sorry.... I lost my mom in July, it just does not seem real.  You still go to call them just to talk.... I am so happy you have some wonderful friends here....... XXOXOOXOXOX

I'm so sorry to hear this. I lost my dad when I was 22. Just remember all the good times and memories you shared. Know he's probably sitting on a cloud looking down and feeling proud of you. Big warm hugs!

Phil-ander, condolences on your loss. I lost my Dad 25yrs ago. It does get easier, but there are still times that I'll see or do something & wish I could share it with him. 

I am sorry for your loss. Your thread made me call my dad AnD let him Know I love him. I can't imagine :(

My dad is in a nursing home. I go and spend time with him on Sundays. Most of time he does not recognose me. Watching the strongest people in your life grow frail and old is very painful. Most of us here are  with you and in one way or another feeling your pain. Just know that you are not alone.

Kisses😘😘 

As long as you did your best for him while he was here, you should have no regrets. Best wiahes to you and yours.

I just recently became the elder of the clan - and it sucks.  I miss mom and dad, they were better at it.

3 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I just recently became the elder of the clan - and it sucks.  I miss mom and dad, they were better at it.

I feel your pain.  I assumed that roll almost 4 years ago.

I lost my grandmother and mother 6 weeks apart 19 years ago and my dad almost 4 years ago.

I finished doing something early and decided I would go surprise my dad with a visit and maybe go to lunch. On my over, my sister called me and told me that dad was dead.

Things haven't been the same since.

Very sorry for your loss.  Never easy to lose the closest and dearest in our lives.  Mom, dad, and wife here.  No more with any luck.  Hold the memories until you meet again.

How are you holding up?  Thinking of you today as I miss my mom.... Xoxo....

Although it is natural to miss the departed, one should try not to grieve the passing of loved ones, but rather celebrate their lives. The just ended life who's works are complete, and the new life adventure that they are now beginning, healthy and happy in their next reality. Champagne!

6 minutes ago, Admiral C said:

Although it is natural to miss the departed, one should try not to grieve the passing of loved ones, but rather celebrate their lives. The just ended life who's works are complete, and the new life adventure that they are now beginning, healthy and happy in their next reality. Champagne!

While I think your advice is well intended, and comes from the right place:

It is not up to you to advise people to avoid grieving the departed. While this advice may work for you, grief is a natural and highly personal experience and the grief of others is not open to your personal examination.

4 minutes ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

While I think your advice is well intended, and comes from the right place:

It is not up to you to advise people to avoid grieving the departed. While this advice may work for you, grief is a natural and highly personal experience and the grief of others is not open to your personal examination.

I think I have the right to advise people as I believe, just as you have the right to advise me as you believe, as you just did. I see the fact that this thread is posted here publicly as the OP being more open to other views during their time of grief than keeping it highly personal. That said, I do think your advice to me is from a well meaning place also.