Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RyanLikesIt

The NERVE!

21 posts in this topic

Before using my credit card to purchase bitcoinsforbackpage I decided to look up and see if they had any reports about them ripping people off we're not paying out and boy am I glad I did it's almost worse. 

The "customer help desk" called this girl a whore  several times when she complained legitimately I may add about not receiving her credits that she purchased through them!!!

There's a link to the full Ripoff Report  a screenshot of the email she received . I'm glad I looked I will freaking walk in the snow and rain to a Bitcoin ATM before I will ever purchase through this company

http://m.ripoffreport.com/reports/bitcoin4backpage/internet/bitcoin4backpage-backpagecredits-bitcoin4backpagecom-backpagecreditscompjgc-llc-backpag-1354237

PicsArt_09-18-02.44.07.jpg

Why do folks keep screwing around with alternative payment methods?  Endless threads go to this end, and it always ends up that Cash is King - protects both parties and leaves no trail.

Why do you all keep seeking alternatives - don't you have enough problems in your life already?

29 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Why do folks keep screwing around with alternative payment methods?  Endless threads go to this end, and it always ends up that Cash is King - protects both parties and leaves no trail.

Why do you all keep seeking alternatives - don't you have enough problems in your life already?

Can't give BP cash.  Most of the sites that we have to pay for advertising are a PITA because they're overseas and it limits our options. No gift cards or prepaid cards because they don't allow international transactions. So frequently we have to opt for alternative payment methods or are forced to used services like bitcoin because that is the only option. 

This wasn't about a transaction between client and provider. 

When I used BP I never had a problem with Prepaid or Bitcoin. But I haventused in in over a year..Maybe,  Try building a new account and starting fresh. New email, pics ect ect ???

33 minutes ago, Chrissy said:

When I used BP I never had a problem with Prepaid or Bitcoin. But I haventused in in over a year..Maybe,  Try building a new account and starting fresh. New email, pics ect ect ???

New accounts have even fewer options. They don't take cards directly from new users anymore. Bitcoin seems to be the best option if you can't use a debit or credit card. BP promoted a scam you buy "credits" from these sites and they are supposed to credit your BP account but they don't. They take your money and then talk trash like she showed in the OP. 

1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

New accounts have even fewer options. They don't take cards directly from new users anymore. Bitcoin seems to be the best option if you can't use a debit or credit card. BP promoted a scam you buy "credits" from these sites and they are supposed to credit your BP account but they don't. They take your money and then talk trash like she showed in the OP. 

Wow! Thanks Lucy I had no clue. Guess I better keep my old account just encase. 

Backpage is great place to advertise.  You will get tons of clients off there. You'll just need to know how to screen and weed out the idiots. Don't let other people's issues with bitcon interfere with your plans of success

Edited by Nikki Holiday

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Wow! Thanks Lucy I had no clue. Guess I better keep my old account just encase. 

I would seriously suggest it. Since my account is older I kept the ability to pay with CC but have helped many that have been screwed by their new weird policies. 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

I did dispute one of these such transactions with my CC company, and got a refund. It is very frustrating though.

The selling of a gift card option has worked for me.

On 9/18/2017 at 4:37 PM, Kaduk said:

also is this one https://buybpcredits.com/ ? any good ?

I think that's the sister company of one in the OP. Not sure though.  Buying Bitcoins through Paxful has always worked for me, there's a link on the payment  page to launch your wallet with them. I found it to be the least costly exchange as well, with many options in which to buy ( gift cards, PayPal, CC ect ) :)

Edited by Emily Jordan

9 minutes ago, Emily Jordan said:

I think that's the one she's talking about being a scam... Not sure though.  Buying Bitcoins through Paxful has always worked for me, there's a link on the payment  page to launch your wallet with them. I found it to be the least costly exchange as well, with many options in which to buy ( gift cards, PayPal, CC ect ) :)

On 9/18/2017 at 4:37 PM, Kaduk said:

so is this one https://buybpcredits.com/ ? any good ?

This one is a different site.

The OP's report is for Bitcoin4backpage.com

3 minutes ago, Kaduk said:

This one is a different site.

The OP's report is for Bitcoin4backpage.com

Lol I edited 😂 

On 9/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, Lucy Kitten said:

It appears BP may be reshuffling the deck again today.  For quite sometime there have been filters or groupings "top", "gallery", "video" and "date". There always were a LOT more ads under "date" but you could not see them under the other catagories. I assumed it was cheaper under "date" with the trade off being less cost for way less exposure. As of today "date" has vanished.

6 hours ago, gr8owl said:

It appears BP may be reshuffling the deck again today.  For quite sometime there have been filters or groupings "top", "gallery", "video" and "date". There always were a LOT more ads under "date" but you could not see them under the other catagories. I assumed it was cheaper under "date" with the trade off being less cost for way less exposure. As of today "date" has vanished.

I always though the same thing, about how there were more ads by more people under Date than those that showed up under the other categories.  I hope that means they're all under the other categories now.

I had a guy contact me asking last week if I could take bit coin for services. I was so lost! I need to learn this all! Thank you! I hope I do! Lucy is one of my go to people with various website help. Wishing I was more techno!!!

52 minutes ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

I had a guy contact me asking last week if I could take bit coin for services. I was so lost! I need to learn this all! Thank you! I hope I do! Lucy is one of my go to people with various website help. Wishing I was more techno!!!

Remember that Bitcoin is a commodity, which means that the value of your Bitcoin wallet will change from day to day. There have been winners in this game, which means that there are also losers.

In this month of September alone, the value of a Bitcoin has fluctuated from a high around $5,000 on 9/1, to a low around $3,200 on 9/14.

The Bitcoin today sits near $3,600. If you invested at the beginning of the month, you'd be facing a 50% loss on your "investment."

I read a news story last week claiming that North Korea hacked a major Bitcoin exchange. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this story, but that kind of news can send a market into a spin.

Caveat emptor.

4 hours ago, Old_Timer said:

Remember that Bitcoin is a commodity, which means that the value of your Bitcoin wallet will change from day to day. There have been winners in this game, which means that there are also losers.

In this month of September alone, the value of a Bitcoin has fluctuated from a high around $5,000 on 9/1, to a low around $3,200 on 9/14.

The Bitcoin today sits near $3,600. If you invested at the beginning of the month, you'd be facing a 50% loss on your "investment."

I read a news story last week claiming that North Korea hacked a major Bitcoin exchange. I can't vouch for the accuracy of this story, but that kind of news can send a market into a spin.

Caveat emptor.

The other news was China shutting down exchanges, which is what caused the drop this month.

3 hours ago, FuriousWeasel said:

The other news was China shutting down exchanges, which is what caused the drop this month.

Question since you seem knowledgeable about bitcoin. Is it wort it to use just for things like paying for ads? If it's really just used as a go between would I be subject to it's fluctuations? It would be a great direction for the transactions in the business to go but it's kinda complicated and the uncertainly of value I think leaves a lot of people confused and unsure how to make BC work for them. 

33 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Question since you seem knowledgeable about bitcoin. Is it wort it to use just for things like paying for ads? If it's really just used as a go between would I be subject to it's fluctuations? It would be a great direction for the transactions in the business to go but it's kinda complicated and the uncertainly of value I think leaves a lot of people confused and unsure how to make BC work for them. 

Honestly I would treat it as any other investment:  Risky, so only put in money you aren't afraid to lose.  But the payoffs can be great.  The increase in value in just a couple years means some who invested even just a couple years ago are seeing incredible returns and are millionaires from it now.  

In a case like yours, I can see putting in some money like it was a 401k.  Every month buy a couple hundred bucks worth if you have spare funds, or allow trusted clients to pay you that way, which wouldn't be many.  If you need to use a bit of it for ads, that's cool.  Of course I would diversify, some in bitcoin, some in etherium, etc.  Overall it's risky but most likely they will continue to gain in value.

I think the hardest part is finding a bitcoin wallet or two, learning how it works, all that.  I don't know it enough to really recommend any particular details unfortunately.  And all my $ is in mutual funds and none in bitcoin, I just know there's a lot of potential in it.

Of course past performance does not prove future gains blah blah blah.