RyanLikesIt

Backpage and Credits ?

21 posts in this topic

So last night I went to post on Backpage and it keeps trying to charge me $5 for what used to be free I don't see anything online anywhere about a new policy and I'm just wondering did I have a brain tumor for breakfast or did they start charging to post in the dating category?

Not to be deterred I went online and bought a Walmart gift card and want to sell it to the Bitcoins for Backpage site that they have links to  on their own  "buy credits"  page and twice now I've sold it to them and they have not taken the money out and applied it to my bp account what the heck is going on does anyone know??

Wish they would forewarn their customers who spend tons of money with them so that we could plan for such things. 

Since the ladies went from the "Adult Section" to the "Dating Section", yes they are now charging and it is $5. Same for the "Massage Section". When you go to "my account", go to the very bottom where it says "buy credit", click and put at the top the amount you want to put on BP for credit then choose the method of payment you will use. Hope this helped.

Xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

I am vastly amused by the fact that the ladies come to TOB to get assistance with posting on BackPage.  Such a resource.  Samantha, you are a sweetheart.

23 hours ago, RyanLikesIt said:

So last night I went to post on Backpage and it keeps trying to charge me $5 for what used to be free I don't see anything online anywhere about a new policy and I'm just wondering did I have a brain tumor for breakfast or did they start charging to post in the dating category?

Not to be deterred I went online and bought a Walmart gift card and want to sell it to the Bitcoins for Backpage site that they have links to  on their own  "buy credits"  page and twice now I've sold it to them and they have not taken the money out and applied it to my bp account what the heck is going on does anyone know??

Wish they would forewarn their customers who spend tons of money with them so that we could plan for such things. 

It was never totally free, when they had the CC hiccup a while back you could post for free but it was one post that usually got lost in the shuffle.  There is also something weird that BP did. Some people can still pay with credit cards and some can't. I have learned though that once you clear a payment with Bit Coin that the option to pay with a CC returns. 

I have heard others complain that they have been slow with the gift cards. You should still be able to contact BP via email and hopefully they can help. I did notice that beneath the gift card thing they say balance must be between $100 and $300, maybe that's causing a quirk.

If you have the ability or someone to help you out with Bit Coin I would suggest going that route. It's a little bit more direct than the gift card thing and after that you should be able to use a CC again and avoid the hassles of the gift cards. 

Posting in the dating section, women for men, is no longer free (can't speak for other parts because I don't post there). Used to be able to get an 'extra' post if you deleted and reposted your ads every time, but that's no longer the case. If you click the repost in an hr button it will charge you double because you now pay to post regardless.

Just out of curiosity...how much does an ad on bp cost per month? 🤔 Are those of you that post on bp newbie friendly?

It doesn't really go by the month unless you pay for the sponsored ads, and I've been a faithful BP user for YEARS (still am, and will be until it's gone lol). It's by the day and it all depends where you are. I'm in Greeley and it's $2 every time I post which is only a couple times a day here because there's not many girls, so the ads don't drop at all. But in Denver where they are $5, or LA and Bay Area California where they're $7 and they drop crazy fast, it gets pricey.

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Just out of curiosity...how much does an ad on bp cost per month? 🤔 Are those of you that post on bp newbie friendly?

It's not a monthly fee, it's an hourly fee. $5 an hour per bump. Many spend hundreds a month on BP ads. 

And yes I'm newbie friendly. I have my own process for screening I've developed through the years, so it's minimal hassle on the guys, and still has proven fool proof and keeps me safe.

Or yeah Lucy good point. I guess it is kinda hourly huh? lol crazy to think of it like that.

1 minute ago, Lucy Kitten said:

It's not a monthly fee, it's an hourly fee. $5 an hour per bump. Many spend hundreds a month on BP ads. 

I had no idea of the expense.😱

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

I had no idea of the expense.😱

Yes it gets quite expensive depending where you are. Backpage catches a lot of grief from both ladies side and the gents, but if you have been in the business a long time and know how to handle things, there's a lot of money to be made there, and for gents, a lot of more than worth it ladies to meet. I'm on quite a few higher end sites that require reviews, identification,  and several credentials to be accepted in, and I've gotten just as much bs off the sites that make you jump through a thousand hoops to get on, as I have on BP. It's all one in the same at the end of the day. It's not what you do, it's how you do it. (just my opinion...strayed from topic a little also, my apologies ).

I'm just not newbie friendly so that's not an option for me.  Much respect to you ladies that are and whole new perspective on bp now.  

1 minute ago, Laci French said:

I'm just not newbie friendly so that's not an option for me.  Much respect to you ladies that are and whole new perspective on bp now.  

Completely understandable. I mean you'll get the occasional bp guy who has references from review or verification sites, but not many.

34 minutes ago, PrettyLilBitch1128 said:

Or yeah Lucy good point. I guess it is kinda hourly huh? lol crazy to think of it like that.

To help the OP out and because I am curious what method of payment do you use for BP? I know that's it's been a little bit different for everyone. Older users seem to keep their payment options but newer members don't have the same options. 

5 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

To help the OP out and because I am curious what method of payment do you use for BP? I know that's it's been a little bit different for everyone. Older users seem to keep their payment options but newer members don't have the same options. 

Im a long time user so my options are many. My preferred method is to just use my debit card and load it through bp partner site now called jeboom (changes frequently..different partner sites). But from time to time i still get bitcoins with amazon gift cards from my paxful account.

19 minutes ago, PrettyLilBitch1128 said:

Im a long time user so my options are many. My preferred method is to just use my debit card and load it through bp partner site now called jeboom (changes frequently..different partner sites). But from time to time i still get bitcoins with amazon gift cards from my paxful account.

Are you not paying them directly? I pay per ad and don't mess with the credit system anymore. I just pay when posting and it takes me to their payment partner postix. 

2 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Are you not paying them directly? I pay per ad and don't mess with the credit system anymore. I just pay when posting and it takes me to their payment partner postix. 

Nope i just fund my account through either my bank account or via bitcoin and the paxful/amazon card way. Then i click the 'post now bill me later' option to post or bump or sponsor or anything, my ads.

I always keep a decent amount of money on my account just incase they stop one option, or change this or change that, like they often do. I'm still ok until i figure things out.