airamericavet65

meaningful quotes are they accurate

76 posts in this topic

"Just because you're naked doesn't mean you're sexy, just because you're cynical doesn't mean you're cool"

"They say living in California adds ten  years to your life, I choose to spend them in New York City. "

5 hours ago, ilovewomen said:

Here is another one for you: We do not have troops in Laos or Cambodia

only "private contractors" several times but if you didn't see them or hear them it didn't matter

28 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

"They say living in California adds ten  years to your life, I choose to spend them in New York City. "

Being a "former" Californian......I'll use em in the Rocky Mt West!

3 minutes ago, luddite2k said:

Being a "former" Californian......I'll use em in the Rocky Mt West!

I don't actually know who that belongs to. I heard it at Val Kilmer's one man show about mark Twain so I don't know who to attribute it to. 

22 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

I don't actually know who that belongs to. I heard it at Val Kilmer's one man show about mark Twain so I don't know who to attribute it to. 

You can contribute it to me. Grew up in San Fran and haven't been back in 10 years.  Home is where the heart is :)

My favorite, from "Risky Business":

"Every now and then say, 'What the fuck.'  'What the fuck' gives you freedom.  Freedom brings opportunity.  Opportunity makes your future."

Worked for me. :D

Edited by Kaos
Corrected URL.

How about this gem from my grandma, who grew up on a ranch in west Texas, and who probably said this to each of us grandchildren 1,000 times:

"Wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up fastest."

2 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

How about this gem from my grandma, who grew up on a ranch in west Texas, and who probably said this to each of us grandchildren 1,000 times:

"Wish in one hand and shit in the other, and see which one fills up fastest."

I thought you were going to say:: "When I was your age I had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow! Barefoot! Uphill! Both ways!".

1 minute ago, Kaduk said:

I thought you were going to say:: "When I was your age I had to walk fifteen miles to school in the snow! Barefoot! Uphill! Both ways!".

I grew up in San Francisco......all directions were uphill  :mad:

Naw, she woulda said: 'I feel sorry for you kids, having to walk to school, at least I could ride the horse 15 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the Texas mud."

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other - Mother Teresa #PeaceDay

Spread goodness today.

3 minutes ago, Laci French said:

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other - Mother Teresa #PeaceDay

Spread goodness today.

+1

Read this yesterday and it was so fitting for me.  I lost my cat this week and the void is devastating.  

🌈 I wish the rainbow bridge had visiting hours 🌈 

9 hours ago, Laci French said:

Read this yesterday and it was so fitting for me.  I lost my cat this week and the void is devastating.  

🌈 I wish the rainbow bridge had visiting hours 🌈 

Laci, the Rainbow Bridge is a fantastic book.  It helped heal my grief and loss over a very special dog that won my heart.  She was fearless, kind, affectionate and a great trail dog.  Sending you kind, compassionate thoughts of healing.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel about "critters", and I feel the same way.  Take care of yourself.  Allow yourself to grieve fully and take the time to let your heart heal.  And remember, they will always be a part of our lives and our hearts.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:13 PM, Chrissy said:

Just do it! 😄

Like the Olympic Goddess Chrissy!

Nike 😀😀