Provider Olympics

26 posts in this topic

Ok.... 

So with all the negativity lately I've come up with a crazy idea .... what about someone hosting a event that providers get involved in and all proceeds go to charity?...

Thinking a coconut oil wrestling event and providers that want to attend raise money for a charity that helps the victims of all these horrible hurricanes lately..... thoughts?

Can I apply for the position of Coconut Oil application boy ?

Edited by Mr Purple

I knew of a place back east that raised over 25,000 for HIV research.... you paid to wrestle with a cross dresser....AMAZING charity event...

I'm in but I would like to see a part of the proceeds go to a provider locally that's in need.  

Let me know how I can help and we need to come up with more ideas...let's rally!!!

anything that helps out those in need is a great idea will help in any way

I've just seen so much devastation where people have lost EVERYTHING... clothes, blankets , homes..... maybe if WE can show some compassion by sending needed items to the areas.... we (as a collective) can start to focus on people other than ourselves.... selflessness is an AMAZING and ATTRACTIVE quality humanity needs to remember💗

I'm up for helping people here in Colorado. Texas and FL are gonna be just fine. Tons of people sending and doing already. There's plenty of people right here who have nothing. So if anyone wants to do something for a local charity, family or lady, I am all about it. But with big disasters, I don't trust big organizations to always do the right thing. There's already tons of warnings about scams. 

6 minutes ago, Melissa Sterling said:

I'm up for helping people here in Colorado. Texas and FL are gonna be just fine. Tons of people sending and doing already. There's plenty of people right here who have nothing. So if anyone wants to do something for a local charity, family or lady, I am all about it. But with big disasters, I don't trust big organizations to always do the right thing. There's already tons of warnings about scams. 

I'm thinking sending supplies...not monetary love....

Just a heads up.

TOB will allow established MnG/events Organizers to only "link to"....  an Ad side Banner. TOB is not responsible or connected to any such events. We are not involved or associated in any way with selections, screening, or hosting. Please contact the organizers via a created link produced specifically and exclusively to the event.

• No impromptu gatherings.
  • No private MnG's/parties/events
  • Posts must be General in scope with No conversations about setting dates, times and/or fees in the Forum...
    • Again contact the organizers through the event link for additional info...

The common denominator is [ a web link attached to an Ad Banner] to do this click on the Banner & insert web link to your function & any pertinent info.

2 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Just a heads up.

TOB will allow established MnG/events Organizers to only "link to"....  an Ad side Banner. TOB is not responsible or connected to any such events. We are not involved or associated in any way with selections, screening, or hosting. Please contact the organizers via a created link produced specifically and exclusively to the event.

• Posts must be General in scope with No conversations about setting dates, times and/or fees in the Forum...

The common denominator is [ a web link attached to an Ad Banner] to do this click on the Banner & insert web link to your function & any pertinent info.

Dually noted.... thank you 

While not the same didn't @Laci French attempt to do something similar with proceeds going to those areas? How did that go? I vaguely remember reading it but never saw a followup?? 

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

While not the same didn't @Laci French attempt to do something similar with proceeds going to those areas? How did that go? I vaguely remember reading it but never saw a followup?? 

I gave money as well as a few others.  The communities in Htown are really pulling together.  I hope and pray the same for Florida.  

Bella, why don't you pack up and go help down there since you're so hell bent. I know personally that we have some of our own peers here, that need our help. I also know who has helped, and how. While I to am a charitable person, I don't solicit others for same. At times I feel your posts are simply self serving...look at me. Sorry just my opinion. 

52 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Bella, why don't you pack up and go help down there since you're so hell bent. I know personally that we have some of our own peers here, that need our help. I also know who has helped, and how. While I to am a charitable person, I don't solicit others for same. At times I feel your posts are simply self serving...look at me. Sorry just my opinion. 

Bullseye

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Well....Fish.... sorry you feel that way.... I thought it was a good gesture to think of others and being a truly good person has nothing to do with attention... unaware that Laci did this already since we do not communicate.... have a great day Fish and I hope you have a better one tomorrow...BIG difference between self serving and selfless....volunteering and helping others is my history....

Edited by Bella Marie

And as far a going I would if it was an    option to help...

1 hour ago, fishndude57 said:

Hello kettle, pot calling...:rolleyes:

KBPI had an event last week where they filled up a trailer to take down to the Houston area. I made a very generous donation of baby supplies and rebuilding supplies. It was very humbling. I heard of another station doing a delivery this coming week. I can't recall who it was though. :-(  Now Florida.... what a mess.

I have been so blessed lately, that I would love to help out our local lady now as well. You girls just let me know what she needs. I'd be glad to go shopping, give a portion of my income next week etc. (whatever is needed).

Helping people out begins at home where a little bit can go a long way and can be better directed to what is needed helping others where disasters have stricken from a distance requires people on the ground there to properly direct the help

55 minutes ago, airamericavet65 said:

Helping people out begins at home where a little bit can go a long way and can be better directed to what is needed helping others where disasters have stricken from a distance requires people on the ground there to properly direct the help

True....so if anyone wants to host that gathering then by all means do💋 I going to find a charity outside of this venue to contribute .... good luck to everyone.... and many prayers to those in need

21 hours ago, Kaduk said:

Just a heads up.

Knowing those rules made me leery to mention Mile High Exxxotica  earlier this year. Although I had nothing to do with it,other than being a mild mannered reporter, didn't want an infraction over it. So,can we mention PUBLIC events such as it ?  Totally understandable about private events.  

2 hours ago, JRWolfe said:

Knowing those rules made me leery to mention Mile High Exxxotica  earlier this year. Although I had nothing to do with it,other than being a mild mannered reporter, didn't want an infraction over it. So,can we mention PUBLIC events such as it ?  Totally understandable about private events.  

Yes  established events with past history would be allowed to have a link . Most cases a disclaimer stating---> "that you do not have anything to do with the event nor TOB"......