Mr.Pink

so i passed the pet food factory on i-70 today.....

26 posts in this topic

took a deep whiff, now i can't the smell out of my nose.....any suggestions on getting the odor out of my nose? :unsure:

You could always do like they do on TV and out Vicks Vapor Rub under your nose.

Or work in the area where I work, I get either Frito Lay Corn Chips or most likely the aroma of Colorado's biggest cash cow crop...I hope I didn't violate any rules by saying it that way.

Once had to enter a house where the people didn't bathe and rarely left, we put Vicks under our nostrils before entering.  Was enough to gag a maggot, so the very hint of Vicks in the air 10+ years later still triggers that stench. It's called "phantosmia", which causes your brain & nose to make up smells that aren't present.  

Or, maybe the smell of the pet food is triggering some animal instinct, and you need to find someone to "Do it like they do on the Discovery Channel" to get it out of your system.  

1 hour ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Coffee beans

I much prefer the smell of coffee beans

Edited by ilovewomen

8 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

took a deep whiff, now i can't the smell out of my nose.....any suggestions on getting the odor out of my nose? :unsure:

Lol cinnamon chewing gum. I pass it and my dogs go nuts! Funny too..

3 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Coffee beans

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Lol cinnamon chewing gum. I pass it and my dogs go nuts! Funny too..

Won't those hurt or burn when you put them up your nose??

I'd try saline spray............

1 minute ago, luddite2k said:

Won't those hurt or burn when you put them up your nose??

I'd try saline spray............

😄 chewing gum, the pungent  aroma will penetrate just as the dog food did LOL

11 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

Drive to Greeley. You and your nose will forget all about pet food smell. :P

4 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Coffee beans

Stuff coffee beans up his nose?? From s bucks or cheap stuff? :cool: Then still grind 'em when inlaws come over?

Get down wind as soon as possible. I pass it on my bike ride in that part of town. Hopefully the wind is blowing the right way. :lol:

14 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

Oh gross, I feel for you.  I know with the perfume store they have coffee beans around to take away the pallet smell of the previous perfume maybe that would work I have no idea worth a try .

3 hours ago, gr8owl said:

Drive to Greeley. You and your nose will forget all about pet food smell. :P

I just got back from 4 days in Greeley......what smell?    oh THAT smell !

Image result for cow feed lot

Oh lord that shit mill does stink. Based on that smell alone my precious cat will never eat their products again...but I still let her deposit her poop into their litter. She's happy cause she gets better cat food out of it and behaves better. 

But seriously, I have it on good authority that crappy pet food is made from old meat packages from grocery stores...thrown in the wood chipper packaging and all. I bet the Purina factory smell like ass garbage because it's basically a landfill formed into inoffensive looking nuggets for our pets to eat. I can see why my last pet ran away...

I grew up on a farm in Kentucky. Kinda makes me homesick. Like fresh cut hay. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, tide32 said:

I grew up on a farm in Kentucky. Kinda makes me homesick. Like fresh cut hay. :rolleyes:

Fresh cut hay makes my horses drool😂

2 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Fresh cut hay makes my horses drool😂

Me toooo :huh:

Both the pet food factory and Greeley can give olefactory offense...but I GUARANTEE you...Drive by a big hog farm and you will never bitch about either of those again!

Hogs no problem.  I used to do consulting and one of the customers was Tyson Chicken... the slaughter plants.

Edited by FuriousWeasel

Sioux City IA, Pagosa Springs CO "Pewww Springs", The Dog food factory, Greeley CO, some of the local despen..., Nursing homes, sewer resdental plants, and a few other stinky places I am forgetting or are not worthy of me mentioning yuk!

Looks like this thread could be made into an episode on Law and Odor....

On 9/13/2017 at 0:34 AM, Mr.Pink said:

DATY 

Back in the "good old days" when Jolly Rancher had a candy factory in Arvada, if the wind was right, you could get a heavenly odor near I-70 and Ward road. You could tell what flavor of hard candy they were making that day.

On the other end of the spectrum, when the stockyards were still open, on Friday nights, they would burn the bones as the first step in making bone china. 50+ years later, I can still remember the stink.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:57 AM, Gentlejeff1 said:

DATY 

yup  that's what i was thinking   lol