Jez UaBriain

Denver General nurses suspended for looking at....

24 posts in this topic

Although it is wrong and indeed to human sensibility, easy to consider as un-sensitive and crass..... I can't say I blame the five nurses  at DG who unzipped and then viewed the over-sized pecker of a deceased man. We all know this is unethical. But wouldn't"t this also violate the HIPPA oath that all medical personnel take?  Still, would I look?                                                                                          ..   ....          Yes. I would.🍀

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many occupations have a code of ethics. If you violate them, you are responsible for the punishment that follows. Some call it karma.

Can it be difficult to resist temptation? Oh yes! Just ask anyone (like me) who slept with a co-worker! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't say how he died but my suspicion is, he was hung.:cool:

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard it was just another stiff

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was unusually big enough to impress nurses at  the hospital, the dude must have been packing a summer sausage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr.Pink said:

how did they get busted?

The article said they were discussing it among themselves and another nurse/employee overheard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they'd only be violating HIPPA if they were discussing the patient's personal information. 

I hope this scenario is in next year's employee handbook! LMAO

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't believe this is a HIPAA violation, unless they were discussing his name, chart, etc.  

That being said, this was ABSOLUTELY unethical, and I imagine the CO State Board of Nursing will have something to say about their licenses.  I know it's funny think about how you may or may not do this, and there is definitely plenty of gallows humor in medicine (especially the OR and ED).  IMO they should have a brief suspension of their license.

But the care of a patient, even including after they have died, is really kind of sacred.  This is really disappointing to hear, and I absolutely do not condone it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True story long before HIPAA was a thing my mother worked in a medical records office. It was where all patient charts and information was maintained and stored. They used to assemble the most ridiculous things they found in charts and read them out loud at their Christmas party. It would get them all fired these days but it's hard to work in that industry and not read the crazy in front of you. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

I don't believe this is a HIPAA violation, unless they were discussing his name, chart, etc.  

That being said, this was ABSOLUTELY unethical, and I imagine the CO State Board of Nursing will have something to say about their licenses.  I know it's funny think about how you may or may not do this, and there is definitely plenty of gallows humor in medicine (especially the OR and ED).  IMO they should have a brief suspension of their license.

But the care of a patient, even including after they have died, is really kind of sacred.  This is really disappointing to hear, and I absolutely do not condone it.

Any info pulled from the chart is a HIPAA violation. Even if it's just to peek a room number so you can look in on a patient. Since all medical records are electronic now it tracks everyone that looks at the info. When I worked at a hospital there were a handful of people fired for looking at an ex president's chart. We had some fairly famous patients and someone was always getting in trouble. 

Allen Iverson had a baby at the hospital that I worked at (unrelated to spilling medical info) and when he came to pick up his wife and child there was a little fight among the valet as to who was gonna park his Bentley. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jez UaBriain said:

Although it is wrong and indeed to human sensibility, easy to consider as un-sensitive and crass..... I can't say I blame the five nurses  at DG who unzipped and then viewed the over-sized pecker of a deceased man. We all know this is unethical. But wouldn't"t this also violate the HIPPA oath that all medical personnel take?  Still, would I look?                                                                                          ..   ....          Yes. I would.🍀

I image this conversation would go differently if it were a bunch of dudes sneaking a peak at a dead woman. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If only this were the biggest issue facing the world.  It is human nature to have curiosity (morbid or not) about certain things.  It is hardly shocking that a group of nurses might wish to see and discuss an unusually large male member.  If there is any job in normal life (war zones, etc excluded) that is more challenging, demanding and draining than escorting, my vote would go to nursing.  Especially at a hospital and either emergency or critical care duties.  In the midst of that job a group of ladies show their humanity, albeit it in a technically illegal fashion.  Who did they hurt?  If any living guy was told a group of nurses would like to look and marvel at the enormity of his cock, would he be intimidated, frightened, traumatized, wronged?  Or rock hard, ready for action and floating on cloud nine.? So dead, it is a big deal?  I say when I need treatment for a serious medical issue give me nurses that still have their humanity intact and God bless the thousands of wonderful women and men that do this job every day.  If anyone should be reprimanded and/or fired it is the nosy, eavesdropping snitch that clearly is more concerned with spite, revenge, and slavery to rules than his/her humanity.  As usual, one guys opinion and frequently it seems at variance with prevailing wisdom Shrug.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jj254 said:

I image this conversation would go differently if it were a bunch of dudes sneaking a peak at a dead woman. 

Depends on how big her dick was. :rolleyes:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, gr8owl said:

...  It is hardly shocking that a group of nurses might wish to see and discuss an unusually large male member.  ...

I don't recall any article mentioning that the appendage was large. Perhaps they were looking at one unusually small. I can see that causing a twitter as well. 😄

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Any info pulled from the chart is a HIPAA violation. Even if it's just to peek a room number so you can look in on a patient. Since all medical records are electronic now it tracks everyone that looks at the info. When I worked at a hospital there were a handful of people fired for looking at an ex president's chart. We had some fairly famous patients and someone was always getting in trouble. 

Allen Iverson had a baby at the hospital that I worked at (unrelated to spilling medical info) and when he came to pick up his wife and child there was a little fight among the valet as to who was gonna park his Bentley. 

Yes, but if it was one nurse saying to another "hey, go check out that dude's schlong!" it's most likely not technically a HIPAA violation.  I know quite a bit about this, but I could be wrong.  But honestly....  to me it's not really germane to this issue.  It was WRONG any way you look it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I don't recall any article mentioning that the appendage was large. Perhaps they were looking at one unusually small. I can see that causing a twitter as well. 😄

Seriously??

From the Post article:

A tip to Denver7 said the nurses disciplined admired the size of the deceased patient’s genitals and at one point opened a body bag to view parts of the body. A hospital spokesman confirmed details of the incident.
 
A different nurse heard one of the disciplined nurses make a comment in May that the nurse felt was inappropriate and reported it to hospital staff, Denver Health Medical Center spokesman Josh Rasmussen said.
 
“Multiple staff members viewed the victim while he was incapacitated, including after he was deceased,” a Denver Police report says. “The complainant, Risk Management for Denver Health, made a mandatory report.”

 

"Admired the size of the deceased patient's genitals"  So you are saying they could have been gathering to admire how cute and small?  Even if so,  that is an irrelevancy and my (attempted) point remains precisely the same.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Large? Small? Crooked? WDDIM?

As others have said, an ethics violation. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard it was over 14 inches long and well beyond the normal girth.  I wonder if any of them tried to ride it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Friday, September 08, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Bit Banger said:

I don't recall any article mentioning that the appendage was large. Perhaps they were looking at one unusually small. I can see that causing a twitter as well. 😄

Like the ladies have never seen a small penis. :cool: Please!!!!! <_<

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my wife had a beautiful body I would hate to think a bunch of male orderlies uncovered her to stare after she died shame on them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the after life is to be believed... Then this man's soul can be elated by the fact that his body's  genitalia caused this reaction amongst those who witnessed it.  It sounds like he had one that was of  admirable quality. I 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now