Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tubemon

Hot Pot springs near Glenwood

2 posts in this topic

My lover recently suggested that she might be up for some outdoor nookie at one of those impromptu hot pot springs along the Colorado River near Glenwood.  If you don't know what this is, it is where a hot springs flow bubbles up and spills into the river.  People gather rocks to form a pool that gathers the hot water before it has a chance to mix with the river water and cool off.

She's not much of an exhibitionist so some place with a bit of shelter would be ideal.  Has anyone done this and have a recommendation of where to go?  I know about Strawberry Farms but that's too out of our way for this trip.

Strawberry Hot Springs near Steamboat is perfect after dark.  I have backpacked to Conundrum Hot Springs above Aspen.  It is a VERY tough hike and can be crowded but there is a 2 person spring nearby in the bushes that is perfect for what you describe.  There is 1 hot spring just west of Glenwood.  It is more of a mud hole. Not good.  For close try the hot springs in Idaho Springs.  For a distant trip, there is a nice outdoor hot spring on the north end of Yellowstone that I have visited many times.