Labor Day Weekend....

25 posts in this topic

So....I'm wondering for this holiday....what do locals do?....Last year I was working all weekend....but this year I get to play๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹ want to see this beautiful state more๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’žsuggestions?

Edited by Bella Marie

Normally I suggest the mountains, but the traffic will be hideous.ย  If you haven't ever done it, I think the Botanical Gardens and the Art Museum are a nice one-two punch for a good day.ย  Bound to be a few food festivals, etc., too.ย  I tend to stick closer to home over Labor Day, since every one else leaves.

Let us know what you end up doing and if it was fun.

50 minutes ago, BadBoy said:

Normally I suggest the mountains, but the traffic will be hideous.ย  If you haven't ever done it, I think the Botanical Gardens and the Art Museum are a nice one-two punch for a good day.ย  Bound to be a few food festivals, etc., too.ย  I tend to stick closer to home over Labor Day, since every one else leaves.

1 hour ago, Bella Marie said:

So....I'm wondering for this holiday....what do locals do?....Last year I was working all weekend....but this year I get to play๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹ want to see this beautiful state more๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’žsuggestions?

ย 

Tomorrow's opening day of Dove Season. You know them little damn birds that wake me up in the am with their mourning coo. I'm grabbing the Browning Gold Master Classic this weekend starting tomorrow, and lookin to see some beaks ripped off, and tail feathers a flyin. From there, a fresh batch o gumbo, and some Dove breast cooked up in homemade cornbread. The first and second Dove I pull trigger on have already been named. Peace...my Ass!

6 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

Tomorrow's opening day of Dove Season. You know them little damn birds that wake me up in the am with their mourning coo. I'm grabbing the Browning Gold Master Classic this weekend starting tomorrow, and lookin to see some beaks ripped off, and tail feathers a flyin. From there, a fresh batch o gumbo, and some Dove breast cooked up in homemade cornbread. The first and second Dove I pull trigger on have already been named. Peace...my Ass!

My ....my..... Such hostility.....make whoopie sexy.....then get some turtle dove soup a cookin'๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…๐Ÿ‘…

27 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Taste of Colorado is going on.:)

"Taste of Colorado"....WOW!ย  Does THAT ever bring back an archaic TOB memory!!

OK, if we are going to describe what we are going to do (rather than recommendations to the OP), here you go:

Friday - Meeting with one of Denver's lovliest providers for what I am sure will be a wonderful afternoon.

Saturday - Getting upย early to fly my ultralight to Greely for a breakfast burrito, gassing up, and maybe going over the hills toย Granby to do a couple touch and gos in the mountains before heading over the Indian Peaks in the evening back home to Boulder (nothing like sunsets on the mountains from the air).

Sunday - Heading up to Longmont to go skydiving.ย  We are planning at least three jumps from 18,000, working on free-fall flips and 360s.

Monday - Haven't decided, probably work.

Lotsa fun, hope you all have such a weekend.ย  If you never hear from BadBoy again, either I ran out of gas over the peaks or that whole skydiving thing didn't work out as expected.ย  B)

Oh yeah, and a new tattoo on Sunday evening, if I make it that far.

"Everybody dies, not everyone lives."

49 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Taste of Colorado is going on.:)

Omg...I was thinking of going

38 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

Omg...I was thinking of going

Lots of good live music, plenty of tastyย local food, people watching aplenty...ย I'm hoping I get some time to visit the "Taste". I love it!

Colorado Springs hot air balloon festival. ย I'm watchingย from my office window as a few float byย right now....

Edited by carpediem-6586

Yep the balloon fest is super fun!!! At night they do the balloon glow.ย 

Taste of Colorado is really fun as well.

Me, I'm sitting at home studying for the LSAT and sending out resumes, reading the 12 articles for homework and hopefully getting a call back from a couple of people regarding my documentary.ย 

Our annual island picnic.ย  Not exactly taste of Colorado, but depending on weather we might have a hundred there. No need for name tags. The end of August is when we thankfully have the whole damn place mostly to ourselves for 8 blessed weeks. ย  "Do you worry about hurricanes?"ย  "My gawd, those lizards are big,"ย  "Don't worry, we're almost like locals, his cousin Kurt got married down here." Merciful silence....

On 8/31/2017 at 4:19 PM, Bella Marie said:

The taste of Colorado is going on this weekend downtown. Should be some good music and good eats.

ย 

What did you decide on doing this weekend? ย Hope you had some time for yourself to enjoy.ย 

My quiet time for the weekend...I'm sitting in at Bears Car Wash in line waiting to get my car washed..I think this going to take an hour๐Ÿ˜‚

ย You might have time to schedule a 30 minute car date๐Ÿ˜‚

Lol...i went to Taste of Colorado ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Yummy! It has been a great weekend, but being outside all weekend I'm ready for cooler temps. #pumpkinspicedeverything

5 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Lol...i went to Taste of Colorado ๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

Bet it was hot as hell!ย 

Taste of Colorado is always so delicious and was so much fun! Barefoot Spritzers will be my new BYOB ๐Ÿ˜ย 

Friday was a mind blowing 3, someย  baseball Sunday and Red Rocks on Monday nightย another fantastic timeย ย