Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vassago

She took it from me

15 posts in this topic

And after his corpse drifted down old Lethe. He came to the precipice of a magnificent cascade, where his old Pict bones spilled over the side. 

Roiling white waters. Madness. But the cords tying his body to the old yew log, broke off and it let the river carry him down under to tumble, his jaw was wrecked, so he could not talk. His hands crushed, he could carve no wood, and his spine, it twisted him into shapes that made him more demon than man. After tumbling over the rocks at the bottom, he eventually washed up ashore, 

There, the ravens found him and pecked his eyes out. The foxes came and they tore away his liver. Fish chewed away his toes. 

Somehow after all of this his dead ears heard through the din of the damned, the horn of his ancestors. 

Lazarus, awaken!

Words from a young man hundreds of years in the future, standing in a Benedictine catacomb in Sicily. 

They say the dead shed no tears that the draugur barely feel a thing. They care for one thing only. A song and a bird. 

Well at least one of them heard this song.

From dead to the damned to the stars.

Why don't you write short stories and publish them?..... Dark but eloquent 💞

First it was Legacy of Kain, now it's Kingdoms of Amalur; looks like there's a video game fanboy in the house...;)

5 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

First it was Legacy of Kain, now it's Kingdoms of Amalur; looks like there's a video game fanboy in the house...;)

It's been a long time since I played that game.  I barely Remeber it.

6 hours ago, MrReindeer-9515 said:

Naw, just a nerd. I got pretty shit faced last night. I don't even remember submitting this post. 

Kingdoms of Amalur? I'll have to check that out. And it was Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, not LoK, but yes, I really enjoyed the Kain series. 

I really got to cut my drinking out.

20 hours ago, Vassago said:

Naw, just a nerd. I got pretty shit faced last night. I don't even remember submitting this post. 

Kingdoms of Amalur? I'll have to check that out. And it was Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, not LoK, but yes, I really enjoyed the Kain series. 

I really got to cut my drinking out.

Ummm, how about instead: "I really got to cut my drinking down."

I know just how you feel, I was looking at my e-mail this morning and realized that I sent a drunk e-mail to my ATATF last night that I don't even remember.  Thank God it was pretty sweet (in a goopy, mushy kinda way).

I should look on the bright side. Last time I got like that I threw myself down a flight of stairs so I could snap my neck. I was hoping to come back as a wight. 

Failed. Definitely not a wight. 

I think it was a lot to do with a lack of motivation on my part. I just wasn't focused. When I started the project, I attempted the soft way out by sort of slithering down on my belly. That didn't get me anywhere. Later, with better development, research backing me up, I tried rolling down sideways. I'd only gotten bruised ribs but there was promise.

My final attempt, I needed to fuel myself with scotch, beer, vodka, some weird shit called green tea shots, beer, more scotch. My courage was up. There was nowhere to go but down. I decided to tumble down like a monkey, head over heals. I passed out.

Hours drifted by and when I awoke, I realized I'd been trying to roll down the step from my patio. Yes, you read that correctly. Apparently, a single six inch high cement step leading into grass is not enough to turn a man into a wight. Who knew?

On 8/30/2017 at 2:29 AM, Vassago said:

And after his corpse drifted down old Lethe. He came to the precipice of a magnificent cascade, where his old Pict bones spilled over the side. 

Roiling white waters. Madness. But the cords tying his body to the old yew log, broke off and it let the river carry him down under to tumble, his jaw was wrecked, so he could not talk. His hands crushed, he could carve no wood, and his spine, it twisted him into shapes that made him more demon than man. After tumbling over the rocks at the bottom, he eventually washed up ashore, 

There, the ravens found him and pecked his eyes out. The foxes came and they tore away his liver. Fish chewed away his toes. 

Somehow after all of this his dead ears heard through the din of the damned, the horn of his ancestors. 

Lazarus, awaken!

Words from a young man hundreds of years in the future, standing in a Benedictine catacomb in Sicily. 

They say the dead shed no tears that the draugur barely feel a thing. They care for one thing only. A song and a bird. 

Well at least one of them heard this song.

From dead to the damned to the stars.

recycling...born upon the earth we must return (flesh to dust). 

21 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

recycling...born upon the earth we must return (flesh to dust). 

Unless Imhotep has pointed his bony finger to the starry night. Then the ka bursts away from the ba and you are no longer terrestrial. All the birds by the brown and the blue, I salute you. You will not be forgotten.

That is the whole of the law

"The world is indeed comic but the joke is on man kind."

H.P.Lovecraft

I am with Bella. I love all that goes bump in the night! 

As for drinking too much? Lemon in water will flush it out of you. 

3 hours ago, Kali Sensual Reiki said:

As for drinking too much? Lemon in water will flush it out of you. 

You are a sweetheart, Kali, but I believe my affliction runs deeper than that.

On the other hand, take it away from me,  you don't get anymore weird, crazy posts from old uncle v in the middle of the night. That would just make too many people here, far too comfortable for their own good. 

That happens and heads start nodding off into the mash potatoes.

18 hours ago, Vassago said:

You are a sweetheart, Kali, but I believe my affliction runs deeper than that.

On the other hand, take it away from me,  you don't get anymore weird, crazy posts from old uncle v in the middle of the night. That would just make too many people here, far too comfortable for their own good. 

That happens and heads start nodding off into the mash potatoes.

Why do you drink? is it emotional or physical need to dull your pain?

I gladly talk spiritualism with you. However, personally I prefer a sober mind. Espcial while talking on subjects close to my heart. Goatia is very fascinating subject of interest to me. 72

Mash potatoes be your real personality? It is much better than a false clouded flamboyant identity. Especially if it is really not you talking. Getting to meet the real you is far more attractive to the ladies any day. 

Personally I have control issues. Those who know me well seldom see me drink. Half a glass of wine can sometimes be a possibility. However for the most part there is very little alcohol drinking on my part. I believe my body rejects alcohol. I sweat it out of body. Yuck!