Lucy Kitten

Winter Is Here...Potential Spoilers

24 posts in this topic

So who is watching this season?  I feel like it took forever for winter to get here and that now that we're here it's a little rushed. But so many exciting things have happened! The Winterfell reunion was a long time coming, Dany steps foot on Westeros reclaiming Dragonstone, Cersei is plotting still and the Night King is coming. 

What's been your favorite moment so far? Who after seven seasons is alive and still your favorite character? Tyrion of course is probably the most favorite but I have to say that Davos the Onion Knight and Tormund the fiery Wildling are my faves. Oh and Jamie, he is easily my favorite Lannister. He truly loves his sister but I think really hates his name and everything his house has ever stood for and he's so damn handsome. 

I tried to read the books but I get stuck on Storm of Swords. I've read Game of Thrones and Clash of Kings twice but cannot finish Storm of Swords. What do you think Martin will do with the rest of the books now that the show has surpassed the books?  Will it go a different way? Will it be the same but different? Are readers still going to want to read after the show is done? How many of the tens of millions of viewers actually care about the books and will readers get burned.  How long has it been since A Dance With Dragons?

I may have to sleep with my eyes open, but when she grows up, I want to marry Arya.

🤤

😶

I feel the need to elaborate.....because she's such a cool character....not because I'm a pedophile.😳

16 minutes ago, Yorick said:

🤤

😶

I feel the need to elaborate.....because she's such a cool character....not because I'm a pedophile.😳

Everyone gets a pass in Westeros.  And by now Arya is comfortable of age. 

I started reading Storm of Swords having just finished the first two books. The pace is definitely different, slightly less coherent. 

Tyrion has to be my favorite so far. Underdog, intellectual, but still as fierce a warrior as his brother. He just doesn't get the appreciation or credit he deserves.

Arya is probably my second pick. Pluck doesn't begin to describe her. 

Third is a tie between: The Hound, Davos, and Jon Snow. 

Most dispicable villain has to be Theon Greyjoy!

Mind you, I'm reading the books. I've seen perhaps 3 episodes of season 1, just to get the flavor after the 1st book.  But then went back to the books. 

All I know is after watching the last episode , that night King is one bad mofo.. and what about the wolf eyes opening on John snows sword?? Damnit I'm hooked.. shit.. I still like Tyrion, that little. Dwarf fucker.. all the dudes in this hobby have "one" thing in common with Tyrion.. lol.. how could you not like him 

Sam Tarly, Arya, Daenerys. Sooo many great characters to choose from. Some of which are still alive. 

I agree this season is way too rushed and really takes away from the whole experience.  It seem like the writers just got lazy or had to cut out bunch of stuff to fit within the 7 episode season.  I mean comma, it literally took one night for Gentry to run back to East Watch, send a Raven to Dragon Stone and then have Dany fly all the way North to the rescue.  They might as well give them a TARDIS and call it a day.

With that said, Arya's House of Frey massacre was the best opening ever.  

Just now, Bit Banger said:

I started reading Storm of Swords having just finished the first two books. The pace is definitely different, slightly less coherent. 

Tyrion has to be my favorite so far. Underdog, intellectual, but still as fierce a warrior as his brother. He just doesn't get the appreciation or credit he deserves.

Arya is probably my second pick. Pluck doesn't begin to describe her. 

Third is a tie between: The Hound, Davos, and Jon Snow. 

Most dispicable villain has to be Theon Greyjoy!

Mind you, I'm reading the books. I've seen perhaps 3 episodes of season 1, just to get the flavor after the 1st book.  But then went back to the books. 

The pace of Swords was horrible and because you bounce between perspectives you get a lot of retelling of the same events. I struggled and I tried twice, I get to about page 600 and I quit. I would skip it and move on to Feast for Crows but someone stole my copy. It might be worth trying again but the show has really screwed everything up. 

If you think Theon is the worst you still are early on. Have you met Ramsay Bolton yet? Cersei in my opinion will always be the fucking worst. She was worse than her father even. I think in the long run most underrated are Jorah Mormont and Varys/The Spider. Varys despite his sneaky ways ended up being true to his word his loyalty was to the crown and who was best to sit upon the throne. Jorah is just pathetically loyal to Dany and carries this eternal sadness for bringing shame to his father that he really did admire. 

I really hope readers get a satisfying ending. The show eclipsed the readers and everyone is a watcher.  

super bummed about viserion:(

makes me wonder how martin will approach the winds of winter & a dream of spring.

unless martin has supervised the hbo writers than I think it's safe to say the novels and show will have similarities. 

I plan on watching GOT after I catch up on Animal Kingdom.  

I was enjoying the books better before he introduced MAGIC.  Fanciful creatures I was OK with, but the assasination of Renly was so deus ex machina.

20 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

I was enjoying the books better before he introduced MAGIC.  Fanciful creatures I was OK with, but the assasination of Renly was so deus ex machina.

To be honest that's where it loses me too. I think we're supposed to believe that magic while it always existed is coming back to men. One of the themes that I think is frequently overlooked in the series is religion. A lot of that "magic" came from these wonky religions. You have the Old Gods, the new Seven Gods, The Lord of Light. The Children of the Forest are closely tied to the Old Gods which is important when it comes to the white walkers then you have both Melisandre and Thoros see the danger in the north in the fire. I think magic and religion are closely intertwined and it helps me deal with the "magic". 

4 hours ago, kawirider5 said:

I agree this season is way too rushed and really takes away from the whole experience.  It seem like the writers just got lazy or had to cut out bunch of stuff to fit within the 7 episode season.  I mean comma, it literally took one night for Gentry to run back to East Watch, send a Raven to Dragon Stone and then have Dany fly all the way North to the rescue.  They might as well give them a TARDIS and call it a day.

With that said, Arya's House of Frey massacre was the best opening ever.  

And don't forget they sailed from Dragonstone to East Watch like overnight and didn't seem to bring any fucking dragon glass with them.  Also where the hell did the white walkers get that serious ass chain from? 

My favorite moment so far is Olenna telling Jamie she did it and then watching Jamie tell Cersei that Olenna did it. That was delicious. Olenna was right that little boy was a cunt and got every bit of what he deserved. 

Edited by Lucy Kitten
forgot something

This season has been great but as stated before way too rushed so I'm currently getting my fix by binge watching all the seasons. I'm in the middle of season three right now and it's like it's all still brand new ❤️❤️❤️ Jon Snow is my fav 😍

Edited by Cali Rose

17 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

And don't forget they sailed from Dragonstone to East Watch like overnight and didn't seem to bring any fucking dragon glass with them.  Also where the hell did the white walkers get that serious ass chain from? 

My favorite moment so far is Olenna telling Jamie she did it and then watching Jamie tell Cersei that Olenna did it. That was delicious. Olenna was right that little boy was a cunt and got every bit of what he deserved. 

Good points, just seem like there are way too many plot holes that doesn't make a whole lot of sense this season. Some storylines seem like they were written just to showcase the dragons in a battle. To be honest I want to see more dire wolf instead. I mean where the heck is Ghost?

6 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

This season has been great but as stated before way too rushed so I'm currently getting my fix by binge watching all the seasons. I'm in the middle of season three right now and it's like it's all still brand new ❤️❤️❤️ Jon Snow is my fav 😍

Ugh season 3 means red wedding. I read the book first so I knew what was coming but I still couldn't bear to watch it. I basically fast forwarded through those scenes.

So, do Jon Snow and Daenerys have the same mother? 

Edited by rodrod1

1 hour ago, rodrod1 said:

No. Dany is technically Jon's aunt. If we are to believe what's been hinted at (and most guessed a long time ago) it's that Jon is the son of Rhaegar, Dany's older brother and Lyanna, Ned's sister. I think it was also confirmed that he wasn't a bastard at all. When Gilly was reading through the volumes at the Citadel and Sam was cranky and not listening she talks about how the Maester gave an annulment to Rhaegar so he could wed Lyanna. 

If all of this is true which I think is what they want us to believe then Jon is the rightful king of Westeros. Which also means that Jon has a relationship with dragons since he has that Targaryen blood. 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, Juanmotai said:

All I know is after watching the last episode , that night King is one bad mofo.. and what about the wolf eyes opening on John snows sword?? Damnit I'm hooked.. shit.. I still like Tyrion, that little. Dwarf fucker.. all the dudes in this hobby have "one" thing in common with Tyrion.. lol.. how could you not like him 

I too like the little shit :) I am just waiting to see how Sansa's roll is going to play out. I am still on the fence if I even like her or not..I do agree with Kitten. This season seems so rushed!! I have all seasons on disc I hate that I will only be adding the last two :(

Snow and Kalis just have to get together! (In my high pitched school girl squeal)

On 8/26/2017 at 0:23 PM, rodrod1 said:

no Jon's grandmother Daenerys mother.   Daenerys is Jon's aunt.

On 8/24/2017 at 7:48 PM, Juanmotai said:

Because Tyrion is a direct reflection of the author. That's why he rules the Seven Kingdoms .... without ruling them. 

C'mon Martin, I know you strive for perfection but  "The Winds of Winter" ... "House Targaryan" ... 2019 is a million miles away. I don't want to have to read the whole series again.

Are you all talking about that newfangled television stuff?