Fanboy13

Tipping

21 posts in this topic

Hello,

im new to the Denver area and the hobby.  What are people's thoughts on tipping?  Is it ok or in bad taste.  I read online some might find it offensive.   

If it is a good idea how much should one tip?

Don't believe everything you read online. Tipping is a wonderful generous gesture. Never expected but always appreciated. In all my years, I've never ran into one lady who was offended by a tip. #FakeNews :) 

ive been grateful for an extra 10 and an extra Benjamin before. Tip what your comfortable with. 😘 

Offended by a tip....whaaat!? Tips are never expected but always appreciated! Get your info here not on unreliable sources. Tips can also be flowers, or gift cards. Girls will remember you if you bring flowers, are a gentleman and leave a tip. 

Tips and gifts are are always greatly appreciated and seldom do we expect them. 😍😍

Thank you everyone.  This is helpful.  I didn't want to be a idiot on my first meeting lol.  

Tipping is appreciated in any service profession.

However, many hobbying veterans here on the board do not tip. At least that is my suspicion. I kind of think the whole donation is a tip (of sorts). 

You're right Pitbull, but as the other ladies mentioned, it's always appreciated, and forms a memory. One of my friends gave me a little pin that I keep on my purse. I used to see a Sweed, that would bring me chocolate from Sweden, I got a nice candle, lots of liquor and cash too. This is not a cheap hobby, so tips are not expected. Have fun!:)

15 hours ago, Melissa Sterling said:

Offended by a tip....whaaat!? Tips are never expected but always appreciated! Get your info here not on unreliable sources. Tips can also be flowers, or gift cards. Girls will remember you if you bring flowers, are a gentleman and leave a tip. 

True, however, if visiting in a hotel I avoid for sure because seems a little indiscreet for more than one guy to show up in one day to same room with flowers stay an hour and leave lol.  For tips as with fee - cash is king. :cool:  Or something small that fits in briefcase,bag etc.  If you really, really want to see her again tips are a good way to enhance your chances that she has an opening.  That and otherwise being a good client.

I keep thank you cards for my clients to fill out, sometimes they leave a tip in there if they feel I did a good job. I try to go above and beyond so the card is nice when I get feedback or a little something else. 

In all honesty I rarely tip, but I do usually round up the donation, ie., if it's $250, I'll contribute $260, usually deal in $100s and $20 anyways. My ATF has a certain beverage she likes, so I always bring that. Long ago I learned to only have the amount of the expected donation on me, and that has seved me well. 

39 minutes ago, Mustang87 said:

... Long ago I learned to only have the amount of the expected donation on me, and that has seved me well. 

Good advice, especially good for sketchier venues like BP.  Also helps shut down the dreaded up-sell.  

I always tip at least 20 percent. I'm not saying that this is "correct," but it's what I do. I generally see only FBSM providers, so we're not talking about 20 percent of $350! I'm tipping what would be appropriate for a regular massage therapist.

Feel free to tell me I'm overpaying. Admittedly there have been one or two cases where I probably shouldn't have tipped that much. :unsure:

This might be a regional thing. I used to live in the Chicago area, and my impression is that tipping was absolutely expected out there.

3 hours ago, Mustang87 said:

Long ago I learned to only have the amount of the expected donation on me, and that has seved me well. 

My general approach is to carry the actual donation in my shirt pocket and to place it out as soon as I arrive, but I always keep a couple of twenties in my pants pocket.  Therefore, if I have a good time, I leave one of them.  If I have a really good time (like today - thanks sweetheart, you know who you are), I'll leave both of them.  It's not a massive tip, but I have been told that it is appreciated.

I started doing this when I left a wonderful appointment thinking "man, I wish I had a few bucks with me for a tip."

I have noticed that provider's don't thank me for tips anymore.  I use to receive thank yous (Verbal or a text,  or a private message on TOB or P411) but that was before FOSTA so I wonder if it's a legal issue?  I'm not saying this to be funny I honestly don't know if there is a underlying reason for not thanking a tip.  Does thanking incriminate a provider by acknowledging payment or something along those lines.  The first time I saw a provider I tried to hand the money to her.  I quickly learned that is a no-no so I am wondering if this is the same thing?  Maybe I'm not tipping enough?  I generally tip $50-$100.  Conversely I usually bring a gift as well and that usually does receive a thank you.  Why thanks for a gift but not a tip?  Which once again leads me to believe it's a legal issue.  I hope I don't sound like I'm whining or complaining.  I won't stop tipping, it's just the way I was brought up.  I am grateful for any provider who will spend time with me (I'm sure there are a hundred things she could/rather be doing) and I like to show my appreciation.  But I do feel a little unappreciated or taken for granted when my tip is not acknowledged.

I love a nice tip .. Don't take any wooden nickels lol

But for real a nice tip is very welcome in my world and if you happen to put it in with my rate and I see it after I will always send a thank you text after you have left .. Or if you hand it to me after our romp under the sheets ill give another BIG thank you .. 

TIpping & gifts is definitely a sweet gesture but not expected. & Not offensive at all. A good way to be remembered & for your companion to feel appreciated n for you to show gratitude for the service if you enjoyed it. 💗

Edited by sunshinelovely

Bring along a couple of bottles of her favorite wine. One to enjoy during your playtime and one for her to enjoy at her convivence. I once had a favorite playmate who collected Snowman ornaments and figurines. I had fun finding unique ones and surprising her with them.

While wine or spirits can be welcome, they can also be problematic. Not everyone drinks. Not everyone should be presented with encouragement to drink. If you don't know the provider would welcome alcohol I'd suggest finding another way of tipping.

that's good advice

some guys will offer me cannabis which I don't indulge in n I will then say that I prefer wine if anything at all. I do my appointments sober so I save the bottle for when I'm alone. 

some guys try to be slick n get you high or tipsy to try to see if you'll cross your boundaries for them. no thanks.