Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ladies ever experience this?

9 posts in this topic

I didnt want to hijack recent threads, several of them made me think of this scene in Moulin Rouge. Ever had this thought happen to you?

images.jpg

43 minutes ago, olgunn said:

I didnt want to hijack recent threads, several of them made me think of this scene in Moulin Rouge. Ever had this thought happen to you?

images.jpg

Great....now I'm watching Moulin Rouge... 💋💋💋💋💋

2 minutes ago, olgunn said:

Seriously incredible movie 

Omg...yes...

18 minutes ago, olgunn said:

Seriously incredible movie 

There aren't many that are nearly as incredible as Moulin Rouge. Baz Luhrman  has a serious gift for bringing to life the extraordinary on the silver screen. It's actually part of a trilogy of sorts. Strictly Ballroom Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge were Luhrman's first three films and all had a specific technique. One story was told through dance, one through words an poetry and the third in song. 

When Christian went to see for himself that Satine really left him for the Duke and he was leaving the theater teary and heartbroken and then she starts belting out their secret song with her final breaths. It rips me apart every time. Tragedy told through sparkles and song. Made that much better by the actors singing their own songs. 

I'm still waiting for my Christian, penniless and poetic. But then again maybe not. Their end was so tragic and their relationship was plagued by jealousy. 

3 hours ago, olgunn said:

images.jpg

Bad for business....yes! Thankfully I'm business savvy. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't happen. Sometimes you just click with someone so completely that you wish it would never end. I have one of those, thankfully he lives far away. 

Yes, a little too frequently these days. There are some wonderful lovers in the hobby. Something must be in the air. 

I think the key is to keep things in perspective, but totally be in the moment for that time together. 

57 minutes ago, Audrey Astor said:

Yes, a little too frequently these days. There are some wonderful lovers in the hobby. Something must be in the air. 

I think the key is to keep things in perspective, but totally be in the moment for that time together. 

managing life and the relationships that are made is a constant effort keeping balance where needed understanding all the various perspectives and truly enjoying those you are with can bring joy and happiness into what otherwise would not be fun