Juanmotai

The broker

45 posts in this topic

No love for Bastien's? It's not the absolute best but it's good food at a moderate price with a funky mid-century modern interior. It looks like they took risotto fritters off the menu but they still make a great cocktail. 

58 minutes ago, light kisser said:

I would have to say the Fort or Elways! 

I've never been to the fort either, but that's about to change pretty soon

A lot of people swear by the Fort.  Maybe I should give it another shot.

Has anyone had the flagstaff house in boulder?! If not you should take me 🤑

6 hours ago, Juanmotai said:

I've never been to the fort either, but that's about to change pretty soon

Best buffalo in the state, maybe nation. You gotta try the Fort.

2 minutes ago, fishndude57 said:

I beg to differ on 'best bison'

Check out Tocabe, a pair of restaurants serving Native American cuisine. Their bison ribs, w/spiced berry sauce, are to die for!  Not much for atmosphere, about like a Chipotle, but the food is wonderful. Try the fry bread for dessert.

Not that there's anything wrong with the food at The Fort. After all, the G-7 ate there. 

2 hours ago, fishndude57 said:

Then I will try the fort Saturday

2 hours ago, Just Jos said:

Has anyone had the flagstaff house in boulder?! If not you should take me 🤑

I stay away from Boulder.. far far away

1 minute ago, Juanmotai said:

Did Boulder touch you without permission?

20 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Did Boulder touch you without permission?

Boulderphile

I have eaten at many a steak house both in the us and abroad.  while the broker and others are good I think I can truthfully say that Del Friscos here in the dtc is one of the best.  I had never eaten there before but was invited to a party there recently by a person who is a true cattle baron who owns multiple ranches and also multiple feed lots and needless to say knows his beef.  This is the place he chose.  I also went with him to the best steak house in Dallas and both of us agree that Del Friscos was better.  The only steak that I have thought was better was Eland cooked over an open pit in Kenya but I was tired and hungry.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:42 PM, Chrissy said:

I tend to avoid chain meat markets, Except Fogo and TexDBrazil . I will always enjoy those chains in every Major city I visit , especially Houston .

Love Brazilian steakhouses.  I like the meat better at Fogo but the salad/side bar at Texas de Brazil is amazing.

On 8/21/2017 at 7:15 AM, Audrey Astor said:

The atmosphere at the broker can be romantic. The best steak and pretentious service I've ever had, was at Capital Grille, and although pretentious, very sweet. 

I second Capital Grille as well.  I'm not a connoisseur by any stretch of imagination but I love a good steak.  Amount places in Denver that I have tried (Morton's, Ocean Prime, Keg, Del Frisco, Trapper's, Perry's, Sullivan's, etc), Capital Grille comes out on top for me.  It definitely has that old school big city steakhouse vibe and as you implied it can be a bit over the top, but the steak is ridiculously flavorful.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:00 AM, Just Jos said:

I've been to the broker once and thought it was pretty good. Best steak I've ever had is a stretch but the ambiance there was really cool, and I think it's worth a visit. My favorite places for the steak are ocean prime, del friscos, and elways. 

Im always in the mood for a melt in your mouth, juicy, hot, thick steak. Anyone have any other suggestions on places I should try? ;) 

Jos- Steakhouse 10...

Never been there, but I love the old-style steakhouse atmosphere like the broker website shows!   Quiet, dim, and cozy.   If you're ever in the NoCo area, check out the Moot House and Charco Broiler.  Both have great atmosphere, good steaks, and good prices.

On 8/23/2017 at 6:17 PM, Juanmotai said:

Flagstaff House is really good, but be ready to leave most of your wallet with them.   BTW, they're near but not IN Boulder.  I stay away from Boulder as well, (Except for the Young Ladies, there's some awesome ones there).