Juanmotai

The broker

45 posts in this topic

http://www.thebrokerrestaurant.com

I had a coworker say that he took his wife there and it was the best steak he's ever had. I'm just wondering if anyone else from here has eaten here and if so, what was your experience like. 

16 minutes ago, Juanmotai said:

http://www.thebrokerrestaurant.com

I had a coworker say that he took my wife there and it was the best steak he's ever had. I'm just wondering if anyone else from here has eaten here and if so, what was your experience like. 

#Ifixeditforyou

I'll start by saying 'no' so you can ignore the rest of this if not interested in reading further.

I have to painfully admit, I have not found many (or any) really good steak restaurants in the Denver area. Most are commercially motivated. Flemmings, Ruth's etc. They just fell way beneath my expectations. Candles, good carpet and inflated wine prices killed the overall steak eating mood.

I believe I can do better going to the supermarket and firing up ole Betsy in my backyard. Betsy's my grill if that wasn't very clear.

What I lack, is a pretentious waiter outfit, a fake British accent and a white towel over my forearm. 

I try and make up for it with a really lousy accent, and a pair of clumsy hands on her shoulders.

I do try though. I also love dancing naked in my backyard. 

Top that Flemmings!

Stay wild.

That's my kind of steak dinner 😂😂

I've been to the broker once and thought it was pretty good. Best steak I've ever had is a stretch but the ambiance there was really cool, and I think it's worth a visit. My favorite places for the steak are ocean prime, del friscos, and elways. 

Im always in the mood for a melt in your mouth, juicy, hot, thick steak. Anyone have any other suggestions on places I should try? ;) 

That it's been there since right after the rocks cooled is probably all the testament you need.  

Edited by Happymon
split infinative

agree the chart house is great also Flemings which had great sea bass

I have been to many .Columbine on Federal , Buckhorn Exchange and Basteins sugar steaks are pretty good, but my personal favorite is one my Family have been going to In Aurora for years!  The Summit  on Havana :) I have had every cut and blend. Never ever a disappointing meal. Ever. Its not just a steakhouse but excellent options and service all the way around :)

I tend to avoid chain meat markets, Except Fogo and TexDBrazil . I will always enjoy those chains in every Major city I visit , especially Houston .

Edited by Chrissy

It is a very special place.  Not only is te atmosphere (bank vault) nice but the food is excellent.  The wine list is slightly overpriced but so is it almot everywhere.  The steaks are ver good, but some of the other specialties such as roast beef or tornadoes.  I have had super meals and once when the Beef Wellington was done poorly they changed it out almost instantly.  Parking isn't great but down the alley is a lot which is in easy walking distance. I give it 4 stars out of five.

Oh I forgot! If you are ever in Durango ., I have been to Sows Ear. Great Steak!!

I've never had problems with steaks at Shanahans or Del Friscos. Always amazing. Everything is excellent at both. 

I used to go to the Broker all the time. The shrimp bowl was always included in the meal and the Beef Wellington was excellent...as was the prime rib and any steak that I ordered.

The Broker is good.  I would suggest Simms Steak House or The Fort, they both offer delectably succulent steak and much more!   Just make sure you are dressed to impress, bring an appetite and good company because you will be there awhile. MMMMmmmmm

The atmosphere at the broker can be romantic. The best steak and pretentious service I've ever had, was at Capital Grille, and although pretentious, very sweet. The best home grilled steak on a Betsy was camping in the mountains. I think grilling or cooking over a fire in the Colorado mountains makes even a hot dog tast better.😊

Used to be several Broker Restaurants around town.Used to go to the one just west of Kipling often,especially for the shrimp bowl,as well as the steaks. That location is now a Chuck Wagon Diner. There are a lot of excellent steak restaurants in Metro Denver...just a matter of trying them out.

I love the romantic atmosphere at the Broker. I've been to the Fort a couple times....I can take it or leave it. I need to try Fleming's and Shanahan's.  The Capital Grille.is good.  Also want to try Ocean Prime. Chart House in Genesee is good.

My parents and I used to go to Columbine Steak House when I was in elementary and junior high school

Del Frisco gets my vote.  Great atmosphere and consistently good food.  Flemmings for the carrot cake, rest is above average but not the best.  I have never been impressed with The Broker, good food and atmosphere but for the money I don't think the value is there. 

35 minutes ago, geecue2 said:

hplogotop.jpg

liquor license #1 also great steaks

1 hour ago, airamericavet65 said:

+1

The Buckhorn Exchange is an excellent place.

When people ask me if there is a restaurant not to be missed while in Denver, I always tell them go to the Buckhorn!

2 hours ago, airamericavet65 said:

Post-Prohibition. 

Not the oldest bar in Denver. 

The oldest continuously run bar in Denver is the Highland House founded in 1873 and is now known as My Brothers Bar (renamed in 1970 to My Brothers Bar).

The Buckhorn Exchange was founded in 1898 and does indeed hold liquor license #1.

1 hour ago, ilovewomen said:

The oldest continuously run bar in Denver is the Highland House founded in 1873 and is now known as My Brothers Bar (renamed in 1970 to My Brothers Bar).

The Buckhorn Exchange was founded in 1898 and does indeed hold liquor license #1.

Thank you for the specifics. I thought My Brother's was the oldest, but wasn't sure enough to make the claim. 

Yes, Buckhorn holds #1, having the inside track when licenses were re-issued after Prohibition.