Eclipse...

56 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2017 at 10:25 AM, Mr Purple said:

Got my glasses- I am ready !

I'm so bummed I waited to late and now I can't find any anywhere 😫 Maybe I can borrow yours 😋😂

Oh no Cali!  Maybe when you go outside someone will share with you?  If I had the day off from work I would have loved to share with you 😄

8 hours ago, Cali Rose said:

I'm so bummed I waited to late and now I can't find any anywhere 😫 Maybe I can borrow yours 😋😂

You should go put your head in a box!

Not that kind! Read above about old school camera obscura. 

I am climbing a 14er with my dog. Plan to be on the summit for the 11:47am 93% eclipse visible sans the traffic of traveling to Wyoming or Nebraska.

For those without glasses, Denver International Airport will be handing out 1000 pairs (and moon pies!!) for free at 11am Monday. 

Edited by Kinkster

13 hours ago, inkspot said:

Please tell me this is a joke.   Bringing in your animals because you fear them looking at the sun?  Why aren't they blind  from looking at the sun before the eclipse?  SMFH.

I didn't bring my animals in because I was afraid of the sun.... read...I had brought them in to get their nails clipped when my VET MENTIONED keeping my pets indoors during the eclipse. Since so many people are going to be viewing it, I thought I would mention it. A lot of people take their pets with them. Me, I won't be able to view it at all. Ill have to be one of those folks catching on the news.

While I mentioned using a welding hood of lenses to view the eclipse, please make sure that the lenses are at least rated at 13 or 14. Anything less will definitely damage your eyes.

The glasses rated for viewing the eclipse is the safest option for direct viewing.

Folks do realize that it's radiation in the non-visible spectrum which are harmful. But because pupil dilation is controlled in response to visible light they will be wide open, allowing an overexposure to what would normally be limited by pinpoint pupils should look at the normal mid-day sun.  

Why should creatures with better night vision (larger pupils) not be effected?

From what I have read, animals--including us humans--permanently damage our retina after looking directly at the sun for 90 seconds. Does not have to be continuous. 9 separate 10-seconds peeks will do permanent damage. Though not 8 nor 5 quick peeks are safe sans protection. Use protection (great advice in our hobby, amiright?)

Don't see my pup looking at the sun on our non-eclipse day hikes. Don't think it will affect her any different this time out. 

I've seen the sun many times, seems to come out almost every day.  I don't think one more time will hurt. 

Take a piece of paper poke a hole through it with a pen tip. Look at the eclipse through the hole in the paper. 

And please put sunglasses on.

I think a bird just landed next to me. I can't see shit. Blind as a bat. Fucking sun.

11 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Take a piece of paper poke a hole through it with a pen tip. Look at the eclipse through the hole in the paper. 

And please put sunglasses on.

Actually, use that hole to project the image onto another sheet of paper. 

2 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Actually, use that hole to project the image onto another sheet of paper. 

Nice! Thank you.

http://ettskefm.jpg

Edited by Bella Marie
Picture of Eclipse

1 minute ago, pitbull said:

Underwhelming...

Yes... much like the Irish penis. 

We get by. 

41 minutes ago, Vassago said:

Yes... much like the Irish penis. 

We get by. 

And yet, there are so many of us wee Irish pricks running around. Must know how to use the little bastards! (Or at least convince the lassies we do...)

Wait, there was an eclipse this morning. :lol: No wonder it was funky out and about on bike riding.

About 12:00pm today I sacrificed a tuna sandwich to the sun gods. by 1:00pm the sun was shining again. yall can thank me later. :D

48 minutes ago, boink36 said:

About 12:00pm today I sacrificed a tuna sandwich to the sun gods. by 1:00pm the sun was shining again. yall can thank me later. :D

That's what happened. Damit Boink, I blotted out the sun so I could take over the world, and you sacrificed a tuna sandwich. Curses! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

1 minute ago, Melissa Sterling said:

That's what happened. Damit Boink, I blotted out the sun so I could take over the world, and you sacrificed a tuna sandwich. Curses! Oh well, back to the drawing board.

😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

DHxWR-oUMAAXuCp.jpg

Cool shadows through the trees!

Thanks for that pic! That's very cool!

9 hours ago, Lucy Kitten said:

DHxWR-oUMAAXuCp.jpg

Cool shadows through the trees!

The views of the crescents are as impressive if not more impressive than the partial eclipse views I saw today