Kaduk

"I Always Encouraged Her to Be Strong"

63 posts in this topic

screenshot-metro.co.uk 2017-08-15 16-29-57.jpg

"I Always Encouraged Her to Be Strong" - Susan Bro

It's sad that this wonderful young woman died.  I just can't believe there are people that  believe in the Nazi ideology

RIP. She was murdered by a rabid dog domestic terrorist that needs to be put down along with the rest of his mongrel pack.

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela

I borrowed that from Barack Obamas tweet.  Love rules except in Game of Thrones - there dragons rule.

Rest in Love, Heather. You did not deserve this. 

To note, it's clear we've let our "freedom of speech" get out of hand. It doesn't help that the Toddler in Chief is constantly pushing boundaries. All we can hope is that no more innocent blood will be shed at the hands of terrorists and Nazis. It seems "freedom of speech" is being rewarded to these villains. Maybe now, with the help of any sane powers that reside in the offices, we can find a way to amend it

30 minutes ago, Violet Lovely said:

Rest in Love, Heather. You did not deserve this. 

To note, it's clear we've let our "freedom of speech" get out of hand. It doesn't help that the Toddler in Chief is constantly pushing boundaries. All we can hope is that no more innocent blood will be shed at the hands of terrorists and Nazis. It seems "freedom of speech" is being rewarded to these villains. Maybe now, with the help of any sane powers that reside in the offices, we can find a way to amend it

As horrible as I think the speech from Nazis or White Nationalists is (and it IS truly horrible), I believe in their right to be able to say things that are vile.

This freedom relates to what the government can/cannot do about it.  "the government shall not infringe"  However, some hate speech is not protected.  

This says nothing about repercussions or recriminations from the public or private entities.  I hope every single one of those people marching with the Nazis, KKK and others are publicly identified, so that their employers can be notified.  Again, the speech is protected; what their employers do as a result is not.

I love the Mandela quote, but my opinion is that very few of these people have the capacity to change at this point. 

14 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

As horrible as I think the speech from Nazis or White Nationalists is (and it IS truly horrible), I believe in their right to be able to say things that are vile.

This freedom relates to what the government can/cannot do about it.  "the government shall not infringe"  However, some hate speech is not protected.  

This says nothing about repercussions or recriminations from the public or private entities.  I hope every single one of those people marching with the Nazis, KKK and others are publicly identified, so that their employers can be notified.  Again, the speech is protected; what their employers do as a result is not.

I love the Mandela quote, but my opinion is that very few of these people have the capacity to change at this point. 

You couldn't have said it better. I'm not a fan of censoring what people say by any means as it is their right even if I don't agree with it. And remember, censorship could easily go the opposite direction so let's not push that boundary. 

What's funny is I actually appreciate their openness. I'd rather people be upfront instead of concealing it because I know instantly who I should(not) interact with. 

59 minutes ago, Phil-anderer said:

This says nothing about repercussions or recriminations from the public or private entities.  ..,

As long as the repercussions are also non-violent. We must remember that one group applied for, and received, a permit for their rally. As is appropriate under the 1st Amendment. The other group just showed up, without permits, prepared for battle. Neither group has a history of non-violent interaction. There's an old expression, "Your 1st Amendment rights stop at the tip of my nose."  It is unclear who sparked the violence.  Perhaps some blame should go to LE for allowing them to interact in the first place  

It is unfortunate that a deranged individual elected to plow into the crowd, killing one and injuring many more. You can say what you want about indoctrination, but it was the moral conscience of one individual behind the steering wheel. A 'lone wolf terrorist' if you will, acting (reacting?) on the spur of a moment. And he will pay the price for his actions. 

As a side note: Baltimore acquiesced to the bullies last night. Yes, I call them bullies because their message is, "Remove what WE find objectionable or we will give you a black eye."  Due process has gone out the window. 

DISCLAIMER: While I may strongly disagree with your message, I will defend your right to deliver it in a lawful manner. 

2 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

It seems "freedom of speech" is being rewarded to these villains. Maybe now, with the help of any sane powers that reside in the offices, we can find a way to amend it

Do so at this nation's peril!

• Some find the message of the far right ugly. 
  • Some find the message of the far left ugly.
  • Some find both of their messages ugly. (Put me in this group)

But both messages MUST be heard.

One of the major causes of the American Revolution was the suppression of free speech. There's a reason for it being 1st in the Bill of Rights. 

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

You couldn't have said it better. I'm not a fan of censoring what people say by any means as it is their right even if I don't agree with it. And remember, censorship could easily go the opposite direction so let's not push that boundary. 

What's funny is I actually appreciate their openness. I'd rather people be upfront instead of concealing it because I know instantly who I should(not) interact with. 

Indeed.  The great Malcolm X said (paraphrasing) "i'll take the racist in the white hood over the one with the briefcase any day - at least I know where they stand".

Aha. I see where I sounded like a borderline dictator. Just got caught up in the anger. 

37 minutes ago, Bit Banger said:

Do so at this nation's peril!

• Some find the message of the far right ugly. 
  • Some find the message of the far left ugly.
  • Some find both of their messages ugly. (Put me in this group)

But both messages MUST be heard.

One of the major causes of the American Revolution was the suppression of free speech. There's a reason for it being 1st in the Bill of Rights. 

Thanks, Bit. I see it now. 

1 hour ago, JoDoe27 said:

Come to think of it, I don't want to censor anyone either. 

1 hour ago, Violet Lovely said:

Aha. I see where I sounded like a borderline dictator. Just got caught up in the anger. 

Thanks, Bit. I see it now. 

Understandable considering the tragic event. Now imagine how you could get swept along as a member of the Charlottesville crowd, on either side of the issue. We have to be careful that we don't let knee jerk reactions result on bad policy.

You're welcome, by the way. 

For those of you into conspiracy theories, I just got this from an acquaintance on the right.

http://yournewswire.com/charlottesville-inside-job/

Some of it I'll buy into because LE was especially ineffective in this situation.

This is all so terrifying to me. It's tragic, sad, frustrating, all at the same time. I'll never understand the ignorance of hate because of the color of ones skin. Nobody is correct in these acts, nobody has made their point, both sides only spread more hate. People, pay attention how others behave.

I'm a George Orwell fan and this latest news once again reminds me of his book 1984...

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered and the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the party is always right." George Orwell - 1984

Is this where we are heading? We need to keep our eyes open. 

21 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

Understandable considering the tragic event. Now imagine how you could get swept along as a member of the Charlottesville crowd, on either side of the issue. We have to be careful that we don't let knee jerk reactions result on bad policy.

You're welcome, by the way.

dr-benjamin-franklin-report-25-638.jpg?c

The following is a link that shows a flier/poster that was distributed before the August 12th Charlottesville “Unite the Right” rally, was derived from Benjamin Franklin’s famous “Join, or Die” cartoon. The poster succeeded in drawing out a diversity of far-right groups. The Poster shows the cut up Snake and depicts the targeting of these Groups that were spotted in Charlottesville. 

The link also goes into depth, shows the various Flags and there meaning.

Bottom line is; These are not "very fine people"

Edited by Kaduk
changed to read ---> "the targeting of these Groups"

1 hour ago, Kaduk said:

Agreed. The same applies to many of the anti-protesters. 

But "very fine people" or not, they have a right to peaceful, lawful protests. 

8 hours ago, Bit Banger said:

As long as the repercussions are also non-violent. We must remember that one group applied for, and received, a permit for their rally. As is appropriate under the 1st Amendment. The other group just showed up, without permits, prepared for battle. Neither group has a history of non-violent interaction. There's an old expression, "Your 1st Amendment rights stop at the tip of my nose."  It is unclear who sparked the violence.  Perhaps some blame should go to LE for allowing them to interact in the first place  

It is unfortunate that a deranged individual elected to plow into the crowd, killing one and injuring many more. You can say what you want about indoctrination, but it was the moral conscience of one individual behind the steering wheel. A 'lone wolf terrorist' if you will, acting (reacting?) on the spur of a moment. And he will pay the price for his actions. 

As a side note: Baltimore acquiesced to the bullies last night. Yes, I call them bullies because their message is, "Remove what WE find objectionable or we will give you a black eye."  Due process has gone out the window. 

DISCLAIMER: While I may strongly disagree with your message, I will defend your right to deliver it in a lawful manner. 

When the cops where killed in Dallas all of BLM was held accountable for it. It wasn't a "lone wolf" acting. Basically if you supported BLM you were responsible. There was even massive calling for BLM to denounce or take responsibility for that individual(s) action. Why isn't that the case now?

As for the statues in Baltimore...I guess I view that as the people have spoken and the government reacted as such. I can't say if it's right or wrong but how about we give voice to those that aren't always heard? I see no difference or anymore aquiesence to those wanting it removed than those demanding it stay.   I know, where does it end? 

Edited by JoDoe27

16 hours ago, Kaduk said:

dr-benjamin-franklin-report-25-638.jpg?c

The following is a link that shows a flier/poster that was distributed before the August 12th Charlottesville “Unite the Right” rally, was derived from Benjamin Franklin’s famous “Join, or Die” cartoon. The poster succeeded in drawing out a diversity of far-right groups. The Poster shows the cut up Snake and depicts the targeting of these Groups that were spotted in Charlottesville. 

The link also goes into depth, shows the various Flags and there meaning.

That poster lists among the "hate groups" Libertarians and alt-righters.

Most alt-righters are just pissed off tea partiers that want nothing more than to be left the fuck alone and to stop having their livelyhoods taxed away.  Maybe controversial, but certainly not hateful.

As to Libertarians, I know that I did not agree to have my groups name put on that poster....nor would I have shown up.  This is nothing more than an attempt to paint a very large group with a very large brush to score political points, and actually, foment more violence.

Besides, the SPLC is a joke.  They automatically list EVERYONE as a hate group that disagrees with their extreme left wing views.

Basically, your link points to worthless trash.

24 minutes ago, Yorick said:

That poster lists among the "hate groups" Libertarians and alt-righters.

I noticed that, too. I took it to mean that they were invited. Like you, I would have declined the invite, w/o an RSVP.  I also agree with your remarks about Tea Party; they are mostly concerned with fiscal issues. 

1 hour ago, Bit Banger said:

Agreed. The same applies to many of the anti-protesters. 

But "very fine people" or not, they have a right to peaceful, lawful protests. 

You are absolutely right. I don't know if i'd say peaceful, but they did go through the proper channels to get permits and allowed to be there. Legally they were in the right. Even the ACLU is on their side with regard to them having the right to protest even though it's unpopular speak. 

Edited by JoDoe27

Just now, JoDoe27 said:

You are absolutely right. I don't know if i'd say peaceful, but they did go through the proper channels to get permits and allowed to be there. Legally they were in the right.

Disagree, I think they broke the terms of their agreement when they said it was a "Taking Back the Right" rally and Nazi's showed up. The mayor in an interview also mentioned that these groups stashed weapons all over the parks. There is a lot of video evidence of these extreme groups trying to incite violence. They didn't want a protest they wanted to incite a riot and they succeeded.

I'm getting tired of these both sides and Nazi's have rights too arguments. Maybe I should watch Schindler's List again so I can contemplate both sides of the story. Oskar Schindler today would labeled Antifa Snowflake and Amon Goeth would be mistunderstood and just exercising his rights. 

Normally I agree with you on the more sensitive issues but this one no way. I don't care about Nazi's right to speak. I don't care to give a platform to people who believe in genocide. We're living in the upside down no reason not to believe that history is trying hard to repeat itself. These groups that are setting up these "protests" are the very heart of white supremacy do you really want to let them speak?

53 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Besides, the SPLC is a joke.  They automatically list EVERYONE as a hate group that disagrees with their extreme left wing views.

Basically, your link points to worthless trash.

Interesting opinion. I disagree. I'd rather have the SPLC show up to an event, than any of the people who showed up in Charlottesville.

When people show up with swastikas, guns, nazi helmuts, confederate flags, and chant the phrase "Jews will not replace us", I tend to believe they are there for nefarious purposes.

11 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Interesting opinion. I disagree. I'd rather have the SPLC show up to an event, than any of the people who showed up in Charlottesville.

When people show up with swastikas, guns, nazi helmuts, confederate flags, and chant the phrase "Jews will not replace us", I tend to believe they are there for nefarious purposes.

The SPLC just said I am a member of a hate group that does just that.  I've never done that in my life, nor have any of my Libertarian friends. The SPLC is just ignorant if they think that. And anyone who believes their shit is ignorant, too.

This thread is intended to do only one thing. Make people angry.  It has succeeded.

This is my last post on this subject. 

I am going to take my hateful Libertarian ass outta here, go find some hateful Libertarian wench with huge boobs, and pay her a butt-load of money to have non-government-endorsed-consensual-wild-monkey-sex.  'Cause thats how we hateful Libertarians roll......

12 minutes ago, Lucy Kitten said:

Disagree, I think they broke the terms of their agreement when they said it was a "Taking Back the Right" rally and Nazi's showed up. The mayor in an interview also mentioned that these groups stashed weapons all over the parks. There is a lot of video evidence of these extreme groups trying to incite violence. They didn't want a protest they wanted to incite a riot and they succeeded.

I'm getting tired of these both sides and Nazi's have rights too arguments. Maybe I should watch Schindler's List again so I can contemplate both sides of the story. Oskar Schindler today would labeled Antifa Snowflake and Amon Goeth would be mistunderstood and just exercising his rights. 

Normally I agree with you on the more sensitive issues but this one no way. I don't care about Nazi's right to speak. I don't care to give a platform to people who believe in genocide. We're living in the upside down no reason not to believe that history is trying hard to repeat itself. These groups that are setting up these "protests" are the very heart of white supremacy do you really want to let them speak?

Here's the thing though, i hate what they have to say. I don't agree with any of the nonsense, but I would much rather these people out in the open, shining brightly for all the world to see instead of behind closed doors affording people the notion that it no longer exists because we had Obama as our president. I would love to have them publicly condemned, have their jobs lost, relationships severed, and pure ostracizing by the entire world. I despise everything they stand for along with  anyone that doesn't take them as a threat or brushes off the hate they spew as nothing more than being misunderstood. It takes every fiber of my being to not rage the fuck out when I'm told I, because of some magical madeupland i live in, am keeping racial tension alive by pointing it out when people are LITERALLY walking down the streets proving me right in every since of the word. 

Being black in this country I fully understand the risk we run by giving them attention, but trampling any rights of any individual whether I'm on their side or not is where I personally draw the line. It's a slippery slope that I tread lightly because as we've seen, we have a president that sure as shit doesn't mind trying to silence anyone that doesn't fully jump on his bandwagon. 

1 hour ago, pfunk said:

morris dees is the sleeze bag that runs the splc racket....sorry get your facts straight, these antifas communists showed up with helmets, clubs, bags filled with piss and shit. these antifas scum got a police escort into this melee...i have no doubt the scumbag democrat governor and mayor are complicit in the violence.

777.jpg