jonnyboy2112

you think she took a wrong turn and thought she was in the Deep South

65 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Yorick said:

Those who continue to bash the South have one goal....and one goal only:  Increase racial strife.

On this alone I totally agree! Hopefully, people will wake up to the truth and do their own research! I hope also that some of these old text books eventually are corrected. There is so much beauty in the South which is so full of history. What we were taught growing up about Columbus and other historical events and people is very interesting. Yet, when it is taught wrong?  We are doing a disservice to our people and mostly to that of generations yet to come.

Thank you for the short education on history of the South.Even if it was OT due to being about some girl's ad which I never saw. Looked for her ad...can't find it. Hmmm lol no big deal!  

On 8/15/2017 at 1:31 PM, JoDoe27 said:

... encroaching government control, but it actively succeeded to preserve a way of life, started a war, and then they lost. The take away would or should be to fight for what you believe, but it doesn't mean your belief is right. 

Let's turn the clock back, say four score and seven years. Rebellion is only justified if you win. What if we had lost. There are so many factors deciding the outcome of a war, but being "right" is not one of them, unless you believe in Divine intervention. The winner gets to write history. 

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:22 PM, Yorick said:

Bella is correct.  She knows her history.

We call it the "Civil War" but a civil war is a war between two factions for the control of the government.

A better name for this struggle would be "The war for Southern Independence."

I worked in Dallas for a year (actually had a good time, lots of nice folks) and found that the favored term for the civil war was "The War of Northern Aggression."

2 hours ago, BadBoy said:

I worked in Dallas for a year (actually had a good time, lots of nice folks) and found that the favored term for the civil war was "The War of Northern Aggression."

Huh, I was born and raised in Dallas area and spent half my life there and I never heard that one.

5 hours ago, BadBoy said:

"The War of Northern Aggression."

A term I have heard often in The South.