Sexielexy

Check Mate

22 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had a check fraud happen? I really didn't think people still tried those old tricks...Should I post about it right away or just let others fall into it?

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.........

He sent me the same email  twice as well............

Good Vibes XO

um .... a check for an appointment? Can you elaborate? 

Checks are the  equivalent of Monopoly money in appointments.  I really hope you didn't agree to this.😕  

I don't accept anything but  shiny pennies.  Be very cautious of cc use and also gift cards.

Check fraud? As in your bank bounced his check?  😡

This is theft!  Report him, not to the boards, but to LE. 

As for using checks to pay for appointments, there have been occasions when I have used checks to pre-pay my travel companions. I try to ensure that there is sufficient time for my check to clear the banking system before they travel.  I will NOT intrust that much cash to the mail. 

But as most say, CASH IS KING.

I'm not sure I would want to expose myself to possibly being on LE's radar by reporting the check. 

I think if she did accept the check this might have to be one of those hard lessons.😢

What kind of fraud though?  Just insufficient funds but on a proper account?  Stolen checks?  Forged checks?

1 hour ago, Laci French said:

Checks are the  equivalent of Monopoly money in appointments.  I really hope you didn't agree to this.😕  

I don't accept anything but  shiny pennies.  Be very cautious of cc use and also gift cards.

I made the mistake of taking a check in my early days and of course, it was a bad check. Only time I would accept a check after that was from a regular that I had been  acquainted with for years. Also decided to start accepting credit cards and PayPal but stopped after I got tired of them disputing the transactions and me having to prove the transaction was legit (good thing I kept my credit card receipts and transaction forms 🤦🏼‍♀️) But I totally agree with Laci that the best route to take is always cash.

Pussy on credit is never ever ever ever an option :) JMO

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

Preach it sister...I love you!!

1 hour ago, Chrissy said:

9 minutes ago, Laci French said:

Preach it sister...I love you!!

Not to be confused with ---> Pussy Credit

Money should never be loaned for pussy.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:06 AM, Laci French said:

I don't accept anything but  shiny pennies.  

You sure you want to start a trend of men arriving with bags of these ??

Checks in this biz ???   Sounds like a mistake.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 1:40 AM, Sexielexy said:

Has anyone ever had a check fraud happen? I really didn't think people still tried those old tricks...Should I post about it right away or just let others fall into it?

If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.........

He sent me the same email  twice as well............

Good Vibes XO

Sorry that happened to you Sexielexy! Had you known this douche for a while, to accept a check? Meanwhile, I'll beat the dead horse: Cash. Or Paypal if it's a large distance payment for traveling and such. Peace & Love. ;) 

1 hour ago, briscorp1 said:

Sorry that happened to you Sexielexy! Had you known this douche for a while, to accept a check? Meanwhile, I'll beat the dead horse: Cash. Or Paypal if it's a large distance payment for traveling and such. Peace & Love. ;) 

I'm not stupid enough to try and even attempt cash a check. I will be honest when I say that I was indeed intrigued by the fact someone would actually still try it nowadays.

6 hours ago, Laci French said:

Money should never be loaned for pussy.

I prefer cash too, but I have had people come in and want to pay by gift cards(which I check before play), and credit cards(which I do through gift cards as well). I will never take a check for anyone except for one client I wholeheartedly trust(he has earned it and I know everything about him).  When you can do business with someone well, it can work out great. I would never with anyone new, or who has seen me just a few times. Trust is earned.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

4 hours ago, SultryKitten said:

I prefer cash too, but I have had people come in and want to pay by gift cards(which I check before play), and credit cards(which I do through gift cards as well). I will never take a check for anyone except for one client I wholeheartedly trust(he has earned it and I know everything about him).  When you can do business with someone well, it can work out great. I would never with anyone new, or who has seen me just a few times. Trust is earned.

xoxo,

Samantha Sheppard

Totes agree... Like I said I didn't cash it as I obviously knew it was a bad check. It really was more of a social experiment to see how far someone would try and get someone. It absolutely amazed me that someone would still even try to attempt to set something up with a check. Not to mention the fact he accidentally sent me the same email three times now... (he's blocked now)

4 hours ago, Sexielexy said:

Totes agree... Like I said I didn't cash it as I obviously knew it was a bad check. It really was more of a social experiment to see how far someone would try and get someone. It absolutely amazed me that someone would still even try to attempt to set something up with a check. Not to mention the fact he accidentally sent me the same email three times now... (he's blocked now)

You got me confused here. You say you did not try to cash it....did this dude actually MAIL you a check in advance??.....or after?  Or did he hand it to you after the session? 

He tried mailing it to me... Weirdest thing ever! My mind was blown that someone would seriously still try to do it. Like I said it just blew my mind that someone out there would still try and do it.

Wow I really need to learn to not use text to talk to respond on here.

The idea of providing and taking a check reminds me of the scene from the Heidi Fleiss Trial (the actual, honest to God, real-life trial), where the prosecutor handed Charlie Sheen a check he had written for $1,000 to the madam and asked him what it was for, and he answered "to pay for a hooker," and then the prosecutor handed him a second check for $1,000, asked the same question, got the same answer, and did it over and over until the prosecutor said to Charlie something like, "Mr. Sheen, this is over $50,000 in checks you paid for prostitutes," to which Charlie replied, "Yeah, wow, it's really starting to add up."

He was not prosecuted because he did not lie under oath, but he did get his picture in the newspaper - OK for Charlie, not so much for me.  Cash only.