Loving the cooler weather....

29 posts in this topic

I'm just loving this cooler weather...does anyone have any suggestions about what to do on the weekends this time of year?...outdoors?....💋

Edited by Bella Marie

The cooler weather is great for sure. Anything outdoor is great still.  Some cases better.  

1 minute ago, olgunn said:

The cooler weather is great for sure. Anything outdoor is great still.  Some cases better.  

Any suggestions? ..... Having cabin fever want to explore the area a little💋

Edited by Bella Marie

Bike riding is good. Done 22 miles each day on Wednesday and Thursday. :)

5 minutes ago, Bella Marie said:

Any suggestions? ..... Having cabin fever want to explore the area a little💋

Go up to Red Rocks and explore. Visit Buffalo Bill's grave. Take a hike in Rocky Mountain National Park. Go to Chatfield or Cherry Creek reservoir...watch people fish, boat, water ski, or do it yourself! Walk around Washington Park, or City Park, and people watch.

Chatfield  Sloan are probably not too far from you.  Go north to boulder and go flagstaff or chataqua Carter lake near loveland. Go to the springs and check out garden of the gods. 

Edited by olgunn
Type error

Your area native born in Boulder here, happy to be guide for a very reasonable rate. :D

10 minutes ago, pfunk said:

Go up to Red Rocks and explore. Visit Buffalo Bill's grave. Take a hike in Rocky Mountain National Park. Go to Chatfield or Cherry Creek reservoir...watch people fish, boat, water ski, or do it yourself! Walk around Washington Park, or City Park, and people watch.

Thank you....I'm going to have fur baby with me in stroller so I need suggestions like this💝💝💝💝💝

Just now, olgunn said:

Your area native born in Boulder here, happy to be guide for a very reasonable rate. :D

And that would be great advertising for a guide💞

Camping!!!

Oh yeah, the Botanical Gardens in Denver... that's your destination for this weekend!  You two will have a great time there!

I've been wanting to go on a hike myself, but not sure what any of the trails would be like after all this rain. My go to is any random hiking trail just tiny bitwest of Boulder. I like to wear my 5 finger Vibrams! 

9 hours ago, Violet Lovely said:

I've been wanting to go on a hike myself, but not sure what any of the trails would be like after all this rain. My go to is any random hiking trail just tiny bitwest of Boulder. I like to wear my 5 finger Vibrams! 

Check out the app AllTrails. 

12 hours ago, fred1964 said:

Bike riding is good. Done 22 miles each day on Wednesday and Thursday. :)

Bikin!  With the trail system in the Metro area - you can get from almost anywhere to almost anywhere without having to compete with cars much. 

This sunshine has got me warming up from outside in! Is the rain pretty much over or will summer be seemingly ending early ! 

The Peach Festival is this next weekend in Palisade. 

Book a hotel room in Grand Junction. Attend the breakfast in the park in Palisade. Go to the festival afterward and stay until noon. Pick out 4-5 wineries for free tastings. Go to a nice restaurant in down town Grand Junction for dinner.

Walk along the river in one of the parks at sunset. Bring a bottle of wine.

The next day drive to Colorado National Monument west of Grand Junction. Go to Enstroms Candies in G.J. For ice cream and toffee. Have a nice lunch at a local cafe. 

Head back to Denver. Get back to reality with the traffic.

9 hours ago, jus12pla said:

Bikin!  With the trail system in the Metro area - you can get from almost anywhere to almost anywhere without having to compete with cars much. 

map.jpg

Thank you all for the suggestions....my fur baby and I went to Golden for a little while.....Clear Creek was nice and cold....💞😇💋

There has been snow on Longs peak. Current temp. up there is 31 degrees.

14 hours ago, Bella Marie said:

Thank you all for the suggestions....my fur baby and I went to Golden for a little while.....Clear Creek was nice and cold....💞😇💋

Aww! What's your fur baby like?! If you don't mind me asking. 

I was in Longmont all day yesterday (where I live). It was sunny the entire day! With a bit of sprinkling rain to play in. That's my favorite weather!! 

21 hours ago, fred1964 said:

map.jpg

52 miles - almost zero miles on roads. :)

Capture2.JPG

7 hours ago, jus12pla said:

52 miles - almost zero miles on roads. :)

Capture2.JPG

My longest is 37 miles on the clear creek trail

ride.jpg

Edited by fred1964

hard not to enjoy a good hike, day hike or longer adventure.. did you happen to catch the perseid meteor showers this last weekend? saw a couple beauties myself... 

On 8/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, inkspot said:

The Peach Festival is this next weekend in Palisade. 

Book a hotel room in Grand Junction. Attend the breakfast in the park in Palisade. Go to the festival afterward and stay until noon. Pick out 4-5 wineries for free tastings. Go to a nice restaurant in down town Grand Junction for dinner.

Walk along the river in one of the parks at sunset. Bring a bottle of wine.

The next day drive to Colorado National Monument west of Grand Junction. Go to Enstroms Candies in G.J. For ice cream and toffee. Have a nice lunch at a local cafe. 

Head back to Denver. Get back to reality with the traffic.

That sounds like fun....

In Golden on Saturday and Sunday they are having a sort of Arts Fest- Lots of street vendors I believe

I will be heading for the hills to get a 10 mile hike in and clear my head 

36 minutes ago, Mr Purple said:

In Golden on Saturday and Sunday they are having a sort of Arts Fest- Lots of street vendors I believe

I will be heading for the hills to get a 10 mile hike in and clear my head 

Yeah I love Golden💋

Another good trip is to Alamosa and the Sand Dunes coming up over Labor Day.  Alamosa hosts the Early Iron Street Festival on Saturday of Labor Day weekend.  It is, in my humble opinion, the best car show in the state or region.  Street rods, muscle cars, antique cars, restored trucks, and everything in between.  The fall weather is cool and always sunny down there. Go to the car show then to the dunes.  A truly incredible place to visit.  Lots of things to do and good places to eat.  One brew pub in Alamosa is on a corner in an old bank building complete with bank vault door in the middle of the restaurant.  Get away from metro Denver and see what Colorado is really like.

Walking around Old Town or Belmar can be fun and close by. I also enjoy walking around Idaho Springs, with the hot springs. That I hopefully will be able to try out some day! Lot's of interesting places to go!

Cider days is coming up along with Itailan days. Late summer early fall Lakewood festivities.😍😍 Makes think about my past I have lived in Denver area for 17 years now. Hard to believe so many changes. No more South West Plaza.Yep a few changes. Lot's interesting things to do.